JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Movies & TV (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-movies-tv/)
-   -   Tekken in Live Action (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-movies-tv/33895-tekken-live-action.html)

CoolNard 09-18-2010 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evanny (Post 829545)
a. you still have not see it?

well.
its bad yea....but - his girlfriends ass is out of this world and there actually were some cool fighting moves. its a tekken movie - you dont go there for the plot.

o. and a looooooot of flashbacks of "when mother thought him to defend himself" while being beaten up...that got so annoying.

It'd be better if Tekken had plots. But now that I know it is severely deprived in that area, I won't be. :)

Flashbacks? Argh, I hate long, draggy ones. I'll see if I wanna skip it over, then. Thanks for the heads up.

WingsToDiscovery 09-18-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolNard (Post 829547)

Flashbacks? Argh, I hate long, draggy ones.

For real, it's like every time he's about to throw a punch or kick it cuts to a flashback of his mom teaching him how to do it.

Dayanx 10-12-2010 02:07 AM

Good to see Cary Tagawa again. I have to say though, he looks closer to what Siang Tsung looked like in the Mortal Kombat games while in Tekken playing Heihachi.

Darcus 10-18-2010 10:53 AM

It was a horrible movie. Nothing like the game.

kyo_9 10-18-2010 04:58 PM

Even though it was adapted from the game, we shouldn't anticipate that it will be 100% similar to the game itself but it would be better to imagine a new perspective..

just like harry potter movie.. ;)

CoolNard 10-19-2010 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyo_9 (Post 833496)
Even though it was adapted from the game, we shouldn't anticipate that it will be 100% similar to the game itself but it would be better to imagine a new perspective..

just like harry potter movie.. ;)

Weren't the Harry Potter games adapted from the movies, instead? I think perspective-wise, they were pretty much in sync with one another.

As for Tekken, looks like there's a much bigger gap from the game than most people would have liked. I agree with the imagination thing, though, but chances are slim that I'll like it.

Dayanx 10-20-2010 03:38 AM

yes, but like other movie to game with book origins, they could add a lot more content from the novels that had to be omitted from the movie.

kotehashi 12-19-2010 03:49 AM

Its too bad it sucked though. Brought in some good martial artists for it too.

termogard 12-28-2010 02:12 AM

neither plot, nor characters

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery (Post 829433)
Tekken is horrible. I almost died watching it.

Totally agree. ;) The creators of tekken should see at least one MixFight M-1 championship before starting to make such a cr@ppy, boring movie. Girl-fighter with a semi-naked butts.....gay-like SAMBO fighter...what an idiocy!:rolleyes:
I had no interest to watch this "masterpiece" till the end.

CassandraSnow 12-28-2010 08:08 PM

i want to watch this movie but i can't find it anywhere online ... so do you know a site where i can watch it ? thank you ^^