JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Movies & TV (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-movies-tv/)
-   -   Tekken in Live Action (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-movies-tv/33895-tekken-live-action.html)

CoolNard 09-17-2010 09:47 AM

Tekken in Live Action

Please watch at least one of the following videos before commenting. Thanks. :)

「TEKKEN」 「鉄拳」 Exclusive Japanese MOVIE TRAILER
YouTube - 「TEKKEN」 「鉄拳」 Exclusive Japanese MOVIE TRAILER

The Tekken Movie Oficial Trailer 2010 NEW
YouTube - The Tekken Movie Oficial Trailer 2010 NEW

Well? What do you peeps think? Live action made a mess of Dragonball and Avatar: The last airbender. Is anime going to be a media scapegoat for another f**k up? It looks fine to me, though.

WingsToDiscovery 09-17-2010 10:45 AM

Tekken is horrible. I almost died watching it.

WellThatHurt 09-17-2010 11:26 AM

I'm kind of afraid for this movie. Dragon Ball "Evolution" was just too horrible. There's a point where the director should have realized how bad it was. The Last Airbender was this years biggest disappointment for me. I was so looking forward to the movie and was let down. Hopefully, they will learn from their mistakes when making the second movie. The Tekken trailer looks pretty good, but the track record for anime based movies isnt looking too good. Lets keep our fingers crossed shall we.

Ronin4hire 09-17-2010 01:03 PM

I'm pretty sure it will suck.

It will be a contrived plot that will pay lip service to the games... but will take itself too seriously and fall on its face with its stereotypical and one-dimensional characters.

They needed to go all "Scott Pilgrim versus the world" with this movie and have fun with it.

WingsToDiscovery 09-17-2010 05:30 PM

Believe me guys, Tekken is bad. It makes me almost feel ashamed to say I love the game series.

MMM 09-17-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WellThatHurt (Post 829437)
The Last Airbender was this years biggest disappointment for me. I was so looking forward to the movie and was let down. Hopefully, they will learn from their mistakes when making the second movie.

I would not count on another Last Airbender movie being made.

Ronin4hire 09-17-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 829475)
I would not count on another Last Airbender movie being made.

I agree...

I would not count on another big M Night Shyamalan movie either.

WellThatHurt 09-17-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 829453)
I'm pretty sure it will suck.

It will be a contrived plot that will pay lip service to the games... but will take itself too seriously and fall on its face with its stereotypical and one-dimensional characters.

They needed to go all "Scott Pilgrim versus the world" with this movie and have fun with it.

I completely agree and Scott Pilgrim was amazing. Too bad it didn't do so well at the box office. The only reason why i say they will probably make another Last Airbender movie is because it has made back its budget plus 150+ million more.

CoolNard 09-18-2010 04:41 AM

Wow, very unanimous comments... xD I guess missing out on it won't count for a lot then. That's a relief. I'll probably watch it as a time-filler, if I ever do find it.

evanny 09-18-2010 07:03 AM

a. you still have not see it?

well.
its bad yea....but - his girlfriends ass is out of this world and there actually were some cool fighting moves. its a tekken movie - you dont go there for the plot.

o. and a looooooot of flashbacks of "when mother thought him to defend himself" while being beaten up...that got so annoying.