JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Picture2Perfect (Offline)
JF Regular

04-08-2007, 11:01 AM

I absolulty love the film, it is my best film at the moment, i now am a big fan of Zhang Yimou's work, all his films i have bought of i am buying, i think his style of filming is great and the picture/colour in his films is great.

I am also a big fan of Ziyi Zhang now, i have watched so many films with her in, she is the best actress ever!
The film is very well put together, not much more you can expect from a Zhang Yimou film.

I have to say i love films more when there in there mother tongue, with house of flying daggers i think its adds effect and emotion because it is in Japanese, i would hate to see a english dubbed version of it, they are cheap and nasty.

Will.

"You don't take a photograph, you make it."
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Kayame (Offline)
I is the Ebil Fuzzy BunnY

Send a message via AIM to Kayame
04-11-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picture2Perfect View Post
I absolulty love the film, it is my best film at the moment, i now am a big fan of Zhang Yimou's work, all his films i have bought of i am buying, i think his style of filming is great and the picture/colour in his films is great.

I am also a big fan of Ziyi Zhang now, i have watched so many films with her in, she is the best actress ever!
The film is very well put together, not much more you can expect from a Zhang Yimou film.

I have to say i love films more when there in there mother tongue, with house of flying daggers i think its adds effect and emotion because it is in Japanese, i would hate to see a english dubbed version of it, they are cheap and nasty.

Will.

Well atleast we could see and understand at the same time

"People who are alone are ignorant people who can't see around them to look at those whom stay around far after they should leave. And because of this we have formed anger that has no meaning, in which means we are nothing more then the things that created this anger. Nothing. Well I'm something!" ~Kay-Chan
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Oren (Offline)
glad to be back

Send a message via Yahoo to Oren
04-16-2007, 02:15 AM

I thought this was an awesome movie.. storyline, fight scenes, cinematography..it was all very beautiful. I loved the colors and the use of them in fight scenes. It was classic Chinese tragedy.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Kayame (Offline)

04-16-2007, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren View Post
I thought this was an awesome movie.. storyline, fight scenes, cinematography..it was all very beautiful. I loved the colors and the use of them in fight scenes. It was classic Chinese tragedy.
Oh... ok can someone plz tell me if the person lady was blind, and who loved who, and who was the enemy @.@ it's soooooooo confooseding

"People who are alone are ignorant people who can't see around them to look at those whom stay around far after they should leave. And because of this we have formed anger that has no meaning, in which means we are nothing more then the things that created this anger. Nothing. Well I'm something!" ~Kay-Chan
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-17-2007, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayame View Post
Oh... ok can someone plz tell me if the person lady was blind, and who loved who, and who was the enemy @.@ it's soooooooo confooseding
The lady pretended to be blind but then wasn't really...

And yes great movie I love it

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Kayame (Offline)

04-17-2007, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisuwashi View Post
The lady pretended to be blind but then wasn't really...

And yes great movie I love it
ok...so who was the enemy, and what is the point of the story?

(#37 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-17-2007, 12:51 AM

I think the bad guy's Leo. And the point of the film is.. well I don't know! It's a nice film though. I think it's an artistic type of film.

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

04-17-2007, 01:31 AM

The point of the film? It is basically Jin, (Takeshi Kaneshiros character) is trying to get the blind girl (Zhang Ziyi) to lead him to the House of flying daggers new leader. The killed the old leader, the government has been tracking them for a long time, and they want to end the rebels who defy the laws. But actually, The guy Leo, (Andy Lau) who is the captain of the guard in the city, works for the flying daggers and has been playing the government for 3 years, he sent Jin on a false mission, Jin is also captain of the guard. So Mei was sent and pretended to be the leader's blind daughter to catch Jin from interfering, and to eliminate suspiscion of their whereabouts. As they travel the days through the wilderness Mei develops feelings for Jin, she betrays Leo's love, and the rest I am sure you get. The movie has a simple plot really.

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 04-17-2007 at 01:37 AM.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-17-2007, 01:50 AM

So I don't think Leo is a bad guy really? Good explanation btw Kanji-san.

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Oren (Offline)
glad to be back

Send a message via Yahoo to Oren
04-17-2007, 02:13 AM

This movie was so tragic and beautifully done... i must admit that I wept like an infant at the end " If she gets up I'll be sooo pissed!" *winks at Kanji*

Peace Love Recycle