tokyo drift wonderful good film
I like watch film
(#23 (permalink))
Old
pandayanyan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to pandayanyan Send a message via MSN to pandayanyan
03-25-2007, 01:42 AM

yeah this movie was good. I didnt like the american (backwoods hick accented) actor and Vin Deisil's appearance in the film was a little cheesy but that is just my opinion. I Really enjoyed how they did tokyo though and the Yakuza are always cool in my book. I laughed so hard when that green box car (the xb looking one) came out with the hair on top ha ha! That was rediculous. Another movie along those lines I enjoyed was Initial D (the movie)
(#24 (permalink))
Old
musashi (Offline)
Is throwing the apples...

Send a message via AIM to musashi
03-25-2007, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoutsu View Post
Hey. Has anyone seen The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift? I was wondering if that portrayed the actual life and culture of Tokyo, Japan at all. I'm well aware that much of the movie wasn't even filmed in Japan, but I wanted to know if it was more or less accurate to the way Japanese culture is.

Also, are the roads really painted all cool and futuristic like they come from a Video game in Japan, like it shows in some scenes of Tokyo Drift?

Thank you.

Daisuki
Just thought I'd mention that I love that movie and I get so excited everytime the name is mentioned....I love it that much....I wish Japan weree really like that because then i would move there in a heartbeat, just to be with the cars! I love cars.....hence i love the movie......anyway, just thought I'd say i love it........and Vin Deisel....I love him too.....

If love is stupid, then I stupid you!

An Apple A Day Keeps Anyone Away If You Throw It Hard Enough...
(#25 (permalink))
Old
pandayanyan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to pandayanyan Send a message via MSN to pandayanyan
03-25-2007, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensoninoue1 View Post
I agree with you on the american actor. I did not think he was a bad actor, but his accent just made him seem very out of place in a movie like this. Bow Wow's Hulk car was one of the funniest parts. I also liked Initial D the movie, it was definatley more realistic racing. Although comparing these to movies is difficult for me since one is very Commercial and goes for special EFX and attractive cars and women, where the other goes for more authenticity and more developed story.
I agree with the comparison of Tokyo drift vs Initial D I love the realism of the racing... where as Tokyo drift was a little flashy. Not a bad thing for either but I see the difference as well.. just thought I would clearify.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Kaicui (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-08-2007, 02:41 PM

o man i wish kyoto wuz lyke dat..and trust me, it does not portray at all!!!!...u dont ever see that many foreigners in Tokyo in a regular school unless its a foreign language school
(#27 (permalink))
Old
reks17 (Offline)
New to JF

no go - 05-08-2007, 03:19 PM

I hated that movie it made no sense i like the first two better they at least tried to make sense

All you need in this world is Love Strength Determination
(#28 (permalink))
Old
cocoluvnihon (Offline)
The"Kewl Otaku" one

Send a message via AIM to cocoluvnihon Send a message via MSN to cocoluvnihon Send a message via Yahoo to cocoluvnihon
05-18-2007, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tturtle View Post
I liked some parts of Tokyo Drift even though most of it was horrible. But on a side note a friend of mine went to Hawaii and he said he felt like he was in Japan and he hated it. He said next time he has to make sure he goes to a different island because all he ate was Japanese food the entire time.
wow I'm offended and plus I love Hawaii
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Kaicui (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-18-2007, 12:58 PM

yea alot of japanese people in hawaii...
(#30 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

Send a message via AIM to dragonrazor Send a message via MSN to dragonrazor Send a message via Yahoo to dragonrazor
05-18-2007, 05:15 PM

i still have to get this movie....

"If we have to dance to the strings of an unseen force, that makes us no better than Zio" Chaz Ashley (not sure japanese name) Phantasy Star: End of the Millenium