JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-17-2009, 01:59 AM

Don't know if anybody is interested, but the cover art for Murder Scope is finally up. Some stores will have special DVDs that come along with the single. Finally, on 12/18, there will be an in store event at TOWER RECORDS in Shibuya. It's going to be an autograph session and mini live. In order to get tickets to the live, you have to purchase either Dawn of Anomie in Akasaka Blitz or Murder Scope at Tower Records at Shibuya OR Shinjuku(take your pick).
(#22 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-18-2009, 05:38 PM

On the fourth of January, Versailles will have a memorial ceremony for Jasmine You at SHIBUYA O-EAST. They will be performing along with Kaya and Matenrou Opera. Doors open at 5:00 pm, and the performance(s) will begin at 6:00 pm. The cost for advance tickets will be 4,000 yen; tickets at the door on the day of the event will be 4500 yen.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-20-2009, 04:52 PM

Matenrou Opera is one of the cover bands in this month's issue of Cure, which comes out tomorrow/today(depending on where you live).
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Twilightstarz28 (Offline)
New to JF

Question :o - 11-21-2009, 11:58 PM

Ive hearn Sono's OLD OLD band is called Gride right? does anyone know if they had any songs or not cause i cant find any
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Twilightstarz28 (Offline)
New to JF

11-21-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonybard View Post
Matenrou Opera is one of the cover bands in this month's issue of Cure, which comes out tomorrow/today(depending on where you live).
so its going to be a cure mag for december 2009 right?
(#26 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-22-2009, 04:59 AM

WELL... it came out today/yesterday(again, depending on where you live), but here's the way the magazine works(I don't know if the others are like this): Cure comes out the twenty first of the month. As a result, the magazines actually say the month two months AFTER the magazine has been released. In other words, issue 75 was the December issue. The Materou Opera issue is the January issue.

It's crazy, but if you order it from a site like J-List(by reserve subscription, because I don't know if they'll have any back orders), or if you go to Cure Media USA's ebay, you will be getting the Matenrou Opera issue. I don't know if you'll understand any of this madness I have written, but that's how it works.

Actually, maybe this will help you understand: the issue that came out on the twenty second of October was the December issue.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-23-2009, 02:19 AM

I don't know if anybody cares, but they have changed the picture on their official site, and it seems that because of the Murder Scope single, they have changed their profiles in such a way that they are targets of a futuristic looking gun. XD
(#28 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-24-2009, 08:52 PM

There is now a wee clip of the Murder Scope PV at their official site....

I know that I should be neutral when giving out news, especially because I am(trying to) promote them, but I am not getting paid for this, and most importantly, I make it a point to tell people that if I don't like something, I'll look them straight in the eye and tell them so. I can't look anyone in the eye here, because all we can see is the computer screen, but anyway....

I can't say I dislike the song, because I haven't heard the whole thing, but based on the clip, I disagree with the description they gave it when they first mentioned it at their site; they claim that it's reminiscent of heavy and death metal. Now, I listen to LOTS of death metal, and I couldn't hear it in the song. Arch Enemy is death metal.

Trivium used to be death metal(since around '06, they lean more towards heavy metal, but there are moments where in some songs, they revert back to death metal). Capharnaum is death metal. Death is death metal(obviously XD; by the way, Death is the original death metal band \m/(>_<)\m/). Children of Bodom is death metal, and Matenrou Opera says that it's one of their favorite Finnish bands, so they themselves should know what death metal is supposed to sound like.

It's a very small sample though, so hopefully, the song will be better, and most importantly make me understand why it is that they decided to say that it's supposed to be reminiscent of heavy and death metal. Other than that, the only reason why I am not cancelling my order is because, as few as they are, the DVD comes with clips of Dawn of Anomie in Akasaka Blitz, and I will only purchase the concert DVD when it comes out at the Cure shop, because I currently don't have a region free player, and nobody knows the unlock codes for the DVD players at my house, thus reducing purchasing the Dawn of Anomie DVD to pointlessness.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-17-2009, 09:20 PM

OK, so this update is really interesting to me, because they will be doing a nationwide(in Japan, people) one man tour. What's interesting about it is that the title of the tour is taken from a B-side, rather than the name of the single that they are currently promoting or a new album(unless they have a new album by that time with this particular song on it). So, it's called Emergence from COCOON. It starts on the twenty seventh of February and ends on the seventh of April. Ticket sale starts on the thirtieth of January, and the tickets cost 3500 yen. Here are the dates and places:

2/27- Nagoya Urawa Narciss
3/05- Fukuoka DRUM SON
3/13- Yamanashi KAZOOHALL
3/17- Osaka MUSE
3/19- Matsuyama SALON KITTY
3/20- Okayama IMAGE
3/26- Niigata JUNKBOXmini
3/27- Kanazawa AZ
4/03- ell. FITS ALL
4/04- Shizuoka Sunash
4/08- Sapporo KRAPSHALL
4/10- Sendai MACANA
4/11- Morioka Club Change
4/16- Takasaki FLEEZ
4/17- Yokohama SUNPHONIX HALL
(#30 (permalink))
Old
lself (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-18-2009, 05:46 PM

I finally watched the pv preview too, and i agree, it doesn't really sound reminiscent of death metal or anything. I thought the song sounded good though. And we haven't heard the whole song yet so...

雅はアメリカに行きます!
빅뱅하고 태군하고 허영생하고 동방신기하고
MBLAQ하고 아웃사이어하고 F.Cuz하고 U-Kiss를사랑해요!