JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
Eiri02 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-28-2010, 07:10 AM

I've never heard of this band and after hearing them now...I feel like I've really been missing out. Thanx for bringing them to my ears!

We are art...aren't we?
(#62 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-28-2010, 07:20 PM

Welcome to the fold!!! \m/(>_<)\m/ I wouldn't say you've missed much, because they've only been around for three years. They've only got 3 videos, and four with the 「R]video, though it hasn't been released yet. They also have only one concert DVD, though another one will be coming out in 3 days.

Most of their music can be purchased on iTunes, the only things not available there are their first full album, which was ANOMIE, the Murder Scope single, and there are two songs, 「R](YouTube - 摩天楼オペラ - Matenrou Opera- "R" [live distributed] lyrics) and GENESIS(YouTube - 摩天楼オペラ - Genesis), which were only sold in Japan for a limited period of time, and Kaze no Tori(YouTube - Matenrou Opera (摩天楼オペラ) - 風の鳥 Kaze no Tori) because Kaze no Tori was composed by the original keyboardist(if you want to know what she's doing now, she is now preforming under the name of QUALIA, you can check her stuff out here Qualia on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads; as for the original guitarist, we have no idea what he's doing).
(#63 (permalink))
Old
Eiri02 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-28-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonybard View Post
Welcome to the fold!!! \m/(>_<)\m/ I wouldn't say you've missed much, because they've only been around for three years. They've only got 3 videos, and four with the 「R]video, though it hasn't been released yet. They also have only one concert DVD, though another one will be coming out in 3 days.

Most of their music can be purchased on iTunes, the only things not available there are their first full album, which was ANOMIE, the Murder Scope single, and there are two songs, 「R](YouTube - 摩天楼オペラ - Matenrou Opera- "R" [live distributed] lyrics) and GENESIS(YouTube - 摩天楼オペラ - Genesis), which were only sold in Japan for a limited period of time, and Kaze no Tori(YouTube - Matenrou Opera (摩天楼オペラ) - 風の鳥 Kaze no Tori) because Kaze no Tori was composed by the original keyboardist(if you want to know what she's doing now, she is now preforming under the name of QUALIA, you can check her stuff out here Qualia on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads; as for the original guitarist, we have no idea what he's doing).

Thanx for the links I must investigate this band in greater depth!!!

We are art...aren't we?
(#64 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-28-2010, 07:42 PM

No problem, thanks for being interested!!!
(#65 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-31-2010, 05:01 PM

Alright, people, Matenrou Opera's new official site is 摩天楼オペラ公式サイト. Second, they will make their major debut on 12/22. On that day, they will have a 7 song album coming out called 「Abyss」. It will be available in two types as usual, and the limited edition costs 4500, whereas the regular version will cost 2500(crazy difference, no? XD). The limited edition comes with an original tshirt. I don't know what size it will be available in..... in order to get the limited edition, it must be preordered by 10/24, Japan time. I don't know if this applies to CDJapan(they are taking preorders for both versions; limited edition costs $50.09, regular edition costs $27.83).

Anyway, just 'cause it's a regular edition doesn't mean you're not getting anything!!! I'm actually quite surprised that it's rather cheap for what it comes with, especially because it's something that would usually be something on a limited edition or something you'd have to go to a specific store to get. That just makes it better, plus most importantly, easily accessible to all. It's a DVD that includes a video of the "lead track", which probably means 「Abyss」 BUT!!! that's not the only thing.... the DVD also has the "making of" the album. Again, here is a link to their new official site, and a link to CDJapan's Matenrou Opera page for those interested. Please check them out!!!

摩天楼オペラ公式サイト
Advanced Search
(#66 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-06-2010, 08:24 PM

For all the people following them on Ameba, they will no longer be using Ameba as their official blog. Now, you must go to the blog on their official site 摩天楼オペラ | 公式blog. Also, if you haven't been to their official site, 摩天楼オペラ公式サイト, the thing at the top is the new address for fan mail(for presents and all that).

Please check the member's profiles for their new email address for fan mail(basically, put the member's name followed by @matenrou-opera.jp). Finally, link to their page on King Record's site Kingrecords Webcommunication
(#67 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-09-2010, 07:08 PM

They seem to be the main act for HOT WAVE LIVE#004, which will be held on 10/23 at Takadanobaba ESP Hall club 1ne2wo. The other bands that will also be performing are KYOKUTOU GIRL FRIEND and Administrator. Advance tickets: 3300, tickets at door: 3800, open: 17:00, start: 17:30
(#68 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-28-2010, 11:11 PM

Not really news or anything, but if you guys would like to see a random video Ayame-sama recorded of Yu-san, Anzi and Sono performing Racer X's Superheroes....

http://blog.matenrou-opera.jp/wp-con...%E3%81%BAr.3gp

If you would like to see any other random videos(and pictures), check their blog at their official site, 摩天楼オペラ | 公式blog. That's the only video up at the moment, but I'm sure there will be others, so check back!!!

Here is the original Superheroes: YouTube - Racer X - Superheroes
(#69 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-01-2010, 06:22 PM

Their official site has been redesigned, so check it out!!! 摩天楼オペラ公式サイト
There's a new picture, and their profile page now has pictures as well, メンバープロフィール|摩天楼オペラ公式サイト. Here is the plan for their ABYSS tour which will be happening next year, I will post the cost of tickets once they have that available(also, I'm going to mention in advance that I will not be posting anything that has to do with their official fan club unless they make one for international fans; please be aware that club activities are limited to Japan, so that information is useless unless you live there):

2011- Abyss Tour

1/10- Urawa NARCISS; open: 17:00, start: 17:30
1/15- Morioka CLUB CHANGE; open: 17:00, start: 17:30
1/18- Sapporo KRAPS HALL; open: 18:00, start: 18:30
1/20- Sendai MACANA; open: 18:00, start: 18:30
1/23- Kofu KAZOO HALL; open: 17:00, start: 17:30
1/29- HEAVEN'S ROCK Utsunomiya; open: 17:00, start: 17:30
1/30- Mito LIGHT HOUSE; oepn: 17:00, start: 17:30
2/5- Nagoya ElectricLadyLand: open: 17:00, start: 17:30
2/6- umeda AKASO; open: 17:00, start: 17:30
2/8- Hiroshima Namiki Junction; open: 18:00, start: 18:30
2/10- Kumamoto DRUM Be-9 V2; open: 18:00, start: 18:30
2/11- Fukuoka DRUM SON; open: 17:00, start: 17:30
2/13- Okayama IMAGE; open: 17:00, start: 17:30
2/20- Yokohama BAYSIS; open: 17:00, start: 17:30
2/24- Kanazawa vanvan V4; open: 18:00, start: 18:30
2/26- Niigata Live Hall GOLDEN PIGS BLACK; open: 17:00, start: 17:30
(#70 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-03-2010, 10:53 PM

OK, the advance tickets for the Abyss Tour will be 3800, and tickets on the day of the show will be 4300. It's a standing live tour(as most tend to be), so if you're going, bring some good shoes and I recommend Dr. Scholl's Memory Fit insoles.