(#101 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
12-26-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
I don't think they are THAT much different. Jrock bands just look like glam artists that sing in Japanese... they are both just rock bands from different countries.

Anyway,

Obviously Jrock is going to win by a mile on this, it's Japan forum and is full of fangirls.
I dun agree. But oh well.

And guys, stick to the topic okay?
We're not discussing mosh pits or rap here. It's a poll between rock and jrock. If u can't stay focused on it, I'm closing it. Okay? Got it? Good.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#102 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-26-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyMePink View Post
I'd pick Miyavi over Green Day, really. Why? Because I've listened to Green Day, and find them somewhat unappealing, personally. Miyavi isn't the best musician either, but he has definate talent, and I respect that. Also, his music is pretty personal - he's a goof ball of a person, and his songs sound the same and give me the same feeling.

But I also find Miyavi one of the most unattractive JRockers out there. I'm sure Green Day has some shallow fans just like Miyavi does, so I don't think it's really right compare their fans >_>
Even Green Day has such teens who fall just because for the main guy, Billie Joe. Girls especially... he uses eyeliners so yeah (and he only did in his last album). After they find out he's married, 36 and with kids, the fangirls suddenly stop. That will happen too when Miyavi gets a wife

The talent is there for Green Day. Billie Joe makes all songs + lyrics with the exception of some who are made by other band members. GD has quite great songs, Basket Case, Hitchin' A Ride, Brain Stew etc. but their American Idiot album changed to mainstream rock. They changed to a major label, like all artists do at one point.

I don't know how it is for Miyavi, but if he isn't already... he will soon sign with major label, and a couple of haters come after they do this, ignoring their past songs.
(#103 (permalink))
Old
Hidetsugu (Offline)
JF Regular

Location: In a soooo boring island that belongs to Spain ><...
Send a message via MSN to Hidetsugu
12-26-2008, 11:54 PM

I have to say western... well, I'm not so much into Jmusic yet but what I heard was really good but... don't know... western rocks gots a lot of guitarrist and so that... uff... :P

La gente puede mantener la esperanza porque la muerte es invisible...
(#104 (permalink))
Old
CarleyGee (Offline)
staring at awkward legs

Send a message via AIM to CarleyGee Send a message via MSN to CarleyGee
12-26-2008, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Even Green Day has such teens who fall just because for the main guy, Billie Joe. Girls especially... he uses eyeliners so yeah (and he only did in his last album). After they find out he's married, 36 and with kids, the fangirls suddenly stop. That will happen too when Miyavi gets a wife

The talent is there for Green Day. Billie Joe makes all songs + lyrics with the exception of some who are made by other band members. GD has quite great songs, Basket Case, Hitchin' A Ride, Brain Stew etc. but their American Idiot album changed to mainstream rock. They changed to a major label, like all artists do at one point.

I don't know how it is for Miyavi, but if he isn't already... he will soon sign with major label, and a couple of haters come after they do this, ignoring their past songs.
I think some of their older stuff was good.
I don't know, maybe it was their newer music, or the fangirls, that
made me really turned off by them. But such is such with bands.

Help my Cause for homeless teens!
http://www.socialvibe.com/CarleyGee

R.I.P Johnny
3-31-09

http://www.formspring.me/CarleyRenee17
Ask me any question
(#105 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-27-2008, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarleyGee View Post
I think some of their older stuff was good.
I don't know, maybe it was their newer music, or the fangirls, that
made me really turned off by them. But such is such with bands.
Both. And a new upcoming album is near, I hope they pull out something better than the last. Boulevard of Broken Dreams looked totally emo, and they are a punk band... now clearly changed more to pop-punk... the new stuff is catchy but if you listen it over and over it becomes annoying. Good songs are ones you never get annoyed, their old stuff was better.

I got Miyavi's last album
(#106 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

12-27-2008, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetsugu View Post
I have to say western... well, I'm not so much into Jmusic yet but what I heard was really good but... don't know... western rocks gots a lot of guitarrist and so that... uff... :P

stay with western music! most of jrock is overrated and the scene is full of posers =P
hell. get into european metal/industrial. good stuff =P

note to fangirls: dont flame me, its my opinion here. and i'm not saying ALL jrock, i'm saying most.

(#107 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-27-2008, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
J-Rock took its roots from Western Rock and changed to their own needs. No matter what, they have quite a lot of similarities.

Metal and Hardrock can be compared even if they sound different, because they both are under ROCK.
You're not feeling the music, that's why you can't tell the great difference. ;] Everything has its roots, and J-rock started just a bit after W-rock, and they probably weren't very different at the time, but decades of creativity and originality have entirely separated the two to their respective positions on the world map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barone1551 View Post
No offense but when i think of good western rock the one band that doesn't come to mind is Dragonfoce, they are just kind of a gimmick.
Aww, another person who dislikes DragonForce. I wonder why so many people hate DragonForce? There's no gimmick. What you see is what you get. If anything, they define the essence of power metal and more. They've just carved a path impossible for others to follow at the moment.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#108 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

12-27-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
You're not feeling the music, that's why you can't tell the great difference. ;] Everything has its roots, and J-rock started just a bit after W-rock, and they probably weren't very different at the time, but decades of creativity and originality have entirely separated the two to their respective positions on the world map.
I am feeling the music and I know it pretty well. Don't make such assumptions. I wouldn't compare WRock vs JRock if they were to be the same... it's because they differ from each other that this thread is made. Both of them have the rock essence inside, who plays it better is the choice of JF members.
(#109 (permalink))
Old
Barone1551 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-27-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Aww, another person who dislikes DragonForce. I wonder why so many people hate DragonForce? There's no gimmick. What you see is what you get. If anything, they define the essence of power metal and more. They've just carved a path impossible for others to follow at the moment.

Well I don't know the answer for sure, but most of the people i know that don't like dragonforce are heavy metal elitist who don't like anything unless it has death metal growls and when it doest have growls it isn't real metal. Which i disagree with completely. I'm just not a huge fan of power metal in general. And I'm not a huge fan of the singer, but not because he is not screaming either. I like plenty of bands with high voices, so its just not the pitch of his voice. Just all I hear when I hear dragonforce is the same power metal song every time. They all sound exactly the same. Really fast guitar, really high power metal voice, lyrics about dragons. Thats what i mean by gimmick, they but on the same act over and over just because they know their fans will suck it up. Not trying to criticize your taste in music (even though thats what im doing lol), because i know lots of the bands i listen too would probably get torn apart by someone. I'm just giving my opinion that is all.

And for the record im a fan of all music, it just has to be good. This includes rap so stop hating on it. There is some amazing rap out there, and once again if you listening to the radio i would agree with you somewhat. Although there is some good rap on the radio. And old country is really good, i wouldn't say i listen to it on a regular basis. But guys like johnny cash, and hank Williams lived true "rock star lives". They were what people today see as living like a rockstar. And i don't mean all the stuff mentioned in that Nickleback song (crappy radio rock) but i mean drinking all day, getting high, getting in fights. Then turning around and singing about doing all that stuff and on top of it talking about killing people. Now i wont condone anything they did or sang about, but they were the original hardass bad boys. So before you diss whole genres of music take time to think about what your saying. Because while were all talking about the roots of music, rocks roots are planted deeply in country music, like it or not. Ill will give you this however, modern country is probably the worst music ever. So if thats where your comments originated from i will agree.

wow sorry i didnt even notice it was so long

The King wore a crown. Now he is the king of kings.
(#110 (permalink))
Old
kiyuga (Offline)
Miss Anger Issue

Send a message via Yahoo to kiyuga
12-27-2008, 09:39 PM

J-Rock Baby! The GazettE is my favorite band in the whole wide world! Then after that....I like German Music.

I am the RAMEN QUEEN! Hear me slurp!!! My buds in the club so far are: Kiyuge-Chan(prez), MarkDuff(prime minister), xtine, LolitaLover, Juno, eve636, KloudCat(yaoi loving kitten?), xfromwenzyoucamex, zachart, silveremperial, thalia4, HinataUchiha, Orihimegirl123, nishitha, BabyGirl15, RazerKill, Emmiechan, RoninDistance, XOXkAWAIiXOX, and Kakashi7!If you would like to join the ramen club...PM me!!!