(#41 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
02-13-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
No it won't get old until all this posers will stop getting a strange and sometimes female looks to get attention.

Well some don't think their posers.

But to be in a band don't you want attention(in the first place), don't you wanna stand out and not blend in. If you were in a band wouldn't you want to be successful and famous and recognized around the world. Its obvious they are, not everyone's gonna love them, just like every band. Can't say I ever really liked many bands just based on there looks but its a plus though. Just because a band is on a major label wears flashy clothes etc doesnt make them any less talented, IMO. Now there are plenty who aren't but so many that are. I also see some mentioned the word "sell-out." Lets be honest your in a band you want to be famous you want to be noticed what do you do?? Hide behind the other bands or find your way to the top and today with alot of even the most talented bands the sell themselves out--comercials, videos on mtv and fuse, its like once a band gets successful you automatically can't like them anymore.(You should be happy your favorite band made it, but your only mad). The words "Sell-out" and "mainstream" grow old with time. EVERYTHING on MTV is mainstream. There's lots of things that have been mainstream for yrs I wish would die out but have they?? Nope mainstream can last for yrs. Theres lots of bands I liked before they got successful and can still like them now unless they change their sound drastically and MCR hasn't not really. I still think there good, and would still buy there music, that is unless they ventured into Country.

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#42 (permalink))
Old
kawaiicandie (Offline)
New to JF

02-14-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
No it won't get old until all this posers will stop getting a strange and sometimes female looks to get attention.
hum, you are saying this on a forum where people worship bands with pretty boys who wear makeup and sometimes dress like girls???

i actually love MCR. they are my fave band, i've liked them for years, even before they were mainstream. their music, as well as their look, is awesome if you ask me.

haters have always amused me... but you know, you know you've made it when you got haters so...
(#43 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
02-14-2009, 04:59 PM

I don't listen to them and I hate them anyway.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Barone1551 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-14-2009, 08:37 PM

I like them and i personally hate mainstream acts and sell outs. I wouldn't consider them very much of either. They are somewhat mainstream but they are one of those bands who are popular when the cd is relevant then the "mtv" generation viewers forget about them. Three Cheers was an amazing album, I think it is thier best album. I will say im not a huge fan of Black Parade, though it has its moments.

To the person who said there has been no good music by bands formed in the 2000's.....Thats probably the most ignorant comment i have ever heard. I don't even know how you could possibly think that, maybe if you only listen to the radio.

The King wore a crown. Now he is the king of kings.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
02-14-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimin View Post
Well some don't think their posers.

But to be in a band don't you want attention(in the first place), don't you wanna stand out and not blend in. If you were in a band wouldn't you want to be successful and famous and recognized around the world. Its obvious they are, not everyone's gonna love them, just like every band. Can't say I ever really liked many bands just based on there looks but its a plus though. Just because a band is on a major label wears flashy clothes etc doesnt make them any less talented, IMO. Now there are plenty who aren't but so many that are. I also see some mentioned the word "sell-out." Lets be honest your in a band you want to be famous you want to be noticed what do you do?? Hide behind the other bands or find your way to the top and today with alot of even the most talented bands the sell themselves out--comercials, videos on mtv and fuse, its like once a band gets successful you automatically can't like them anymore.(You should be happy your favorite band made it, but your only mad). The words "Sell-out" and "mainstream" grow old with time. EVERYTHING on MTV is mainstream. There's lots of things that have been mainstream for yrs I wish would die out but have they?? Nope mainstream can last for yrs. Theres lots of bands I liked before they got successful and can still like them now unless they change their sound drastically and MCR hasn't not really. I still think there good, and would still buy there music, that is unless they ventured into Country.
No, if you want to get famous, become famous via music not looks. You're a musician, not a model. The point is to get famous with your music... these bands are not going these way. Why should I be happy of a band who made it because of the looks? I'm not gay, nor do I worship hot females on TV.

Quote:
haters have always amused me... but you know, you know you've made it when you got haters so...
Haters of a band you like? Hahah, of course, you love that band... so that leads you to hate me. I don't hate every band. You made it like I hate every band.

Quote:
To the person who said there has been no good music by bands formed in the 2000's.....Thats probably the most ignorant comment i have ever heard. I don't even know how you could possibly think that, maybe if you only listen to the radio.
I think he/she meant compared to older music. And it's true. Newer stuff isn't being better than previous. Or even if it happens it's very rare, because I haven't seen any better till now.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#46 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
02-14-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
No, if you want to get famous, become famous via music not looks. You're a musician, not a model. The point is to get famous with your music... these bands are not going these way. Why should I be happy of a band who made it because of the looks? I'm not gay, nor do I worship hot females on TV.
Well if you don't pay attention to looks listen to the music, people these days need a way to stand out from the rest. The look is just to grab your attention, then you should be able to look though and listen to the music. I don't think its that easy just be normal make great music and you'll be a success has it ever been that way besides the movies or a few choice bands lol I listen to a band who isnt big(though there on a major label) their not highly publicized(saw them live on tv once vid twice and never saw them again) but I still listen to them love there music because there innovative and different, but there not huge maybe they don't wannabe I know being a group or having talent isnt based upon how much make up you wear or what clothes you wear because of them. But maybe MCR is different they wanted to be noticed for there looks AND there music, and that has been many bands M.O. through out the years, It aint gonna change no time soon. But music shouldn't have have eyes, only ears. Don't base your opinions of a band on how they look or dress, base it upon how they sound, how good they are. Not many can do that these days...unfortunately.

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Barone1551 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-14-2009, 09:23 PM

I think he/she meant compared to older music. And it's true. Newer stuff isn't being better than previous. Or even if it happens it's very rare, because I haven't seen any better till now.

I know they meant they compared to older music. I still dont think thats true. The only reason people say they are better and cant be compared to is becuase they are considered classics, they weren't always classics, they were new at one point. Right now there are lots of bands out there who will be considered classics bands in the future. I enjoy new music way more than I ever enjoyed old music. I appreciate what the classics did for music in the past, and how it shapes and influences new artists and bands. Music is an ever changing art form that shows its influences from past generations. To say that no more good music is being made is just a ignorant comment. It is a personal opinion, so if you like old music thats up to you and your musical taste. I just think that means you don't truly appreciate music and don't look enough for good music. Your going to have to do more than watch MTV before you start criticizing current music. Good bands do exist, just look for them.

(#48 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

02-15-2009, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barone1551 View Post
I understand this is aimed at me, so first of all I want to say is: I never judge a band for it's songs that are feature on TV or the radio, but for their overall work with the albums, how their music changes from one album to another,live performances and how they experiment with music. I'm not a 'one band' or a 'one genre' fan, I listen to everything that intrigues me, that's why I have a huge discography (I think, I can surely say that I have more music than any person here on JF).

My comment is ignorant as only as the person who thinks it is.
I'm not comparing the new bands with the classical ones, it depends on what you mean by classic bands. I compare them with the bands that started in the end of the 80's and the ones that were born in the 90's, because I belong to that generation. A lot happened then: The grunge movement, Trip-hop and Britpop emerged, electronic music improved and got more broader, etc. I listened to most of the "now popular" bands when they only started and I compare them with the bands now. I don't see nothing new or good in the new bands, only echoes of the past. That's how I came to the conclusion that I don't like bands that formed after 2000's. I can only exclude Interpol (although they formed in 1997), The Dresden Dolls and Franz Ferdinand.

Next time THINK before you judge someone.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Barone1551 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-15-2009, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
I understand this is aimed at me, so first of all I want to say is: I never judge a band for it's songs that are feature on TV or the radio, but for their overall work with the albums, how their music changes from one album to another,live performances and how they experiment with music. I'm not a 'one band' or a 'one genre' fan, I listen to everything that intrigues me, that's why I have a huge discography (I think, I can surely say that I have more music than any person here on JF).

My comment is ignorant as only as the person who thinks it is.
I'm not comparing the new bands with the classical ones, it depends on what you mean by classic bands. I compare them with the bands that started in the end of the 80's and the ones that were born in the 90's, because I belong to that generation. A lot happened then: The grunge movement, Trip-hop and Britpop emerged, electronic music improved and got more broader, etc. I listened to most of the "now popular" bands when they only started and I compare them with the bands now. I don't see nothing new or good in the new bands, only echoes of the past. That's how I came to the conclusion that I don't like bands that formed after 2000's. I can only exclude Interpol (although they formed in 1997), The Dresden Dolls and Franz Ferdinand.

Next time THINK before you judge someone.
Thank you for the well thought out answer. But I did think before i judged. Thats why I followed though with it. What do you consider good music, or at least who are your favorite bands. There are so many genres and new bands that i cant fathom someone saying there is no good music currently. Its a matter of opinion. I personally think there are far superior bands currently than in the 90's. I like a lot of bands formed past 2000. How can you dismiss a whole generation of music minus 3 bands. There ARE good bands. Ill tell you some if you'd like. I get how you hear echoes of the past in current music. Thats what all music is, all music has echoes of the past. Its inevitable and unavoidable. Even your precious 90's genres you mentioned have tones and influences of early rock. You don't like those 90's genres becuase they sound like earlier rock. Your reason for not likening current music is becuase you dont like new genres. I find that odd. Do you have more than one favorite band in the same genre? If so why, they weren't the first band in that genre. So by your deduction they just sound like another band and aren't original. To me what you said is that you like only one band in each genre. And if something was created in the 90's what makes it stop forming as soon a new decade hits. The day 2000 hit doesn't mean that all genres start over. You can still be a part of a genre from past decades.

So take your own advice and THINK before you judge and entire generation of music.

P.S. out of curiosity how much music do you have?

Last edited by Barone1551 : 02-15-2009 at 04:31 AM.
(#50 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
02-15-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barone1551 View Post
Thank you for the well thought out answer. But I did think before i judged. Thats why I followed though with it. What do you consider good music, or at least who are your favorite bands. There are so many genres and new bands that i cant fathom someone saying there is no good music currently. Its a matter of opinion. I personally think there are far superior bands currently than in the 90's. I like a lot of bands formed past 2000. How can you dismiss a whole generation of music minus 3 bands. There ARE good bands. Ill tell you some if you'd like. I get how you hear echoes of the past in current music. Thats what all music is, all music has echoes of the past. Its inevitable and unavoidable. Even your precious 90's genres you mentioned have tones and influences of early rock. You don't like those 90's genres becuase they sound like earlier rock. Your reason for not likening current music is becuase you dont like new genres. I find that odd. Do you have more than one favorite band in the same genre? If so why, they weren't the first band in that genre. So by your deduction they just sound like another band and aren't original. To me what you said is that you like only one band in each genre. And if something was created in the 90's what makes it stop forming as soon a new decade hits. The day 2000 hit doesn't mean that all genres start over. You can still be a part of a genre from past decades.

So take your own advice and THINK before you judge and entire generation of music.

P.S. out of curiosity how much music do you have?
The reason why older songs are better, because most of those albums started a whole new generation. In the 70s, everybody loved Black Sabbath for creating a new genre, and later on in the 80s, everybody loved Metallica because they brought a lot more to heavy metal than before. Now when I see the new bands, they are merely a cheap copy of those bands, they don't experiment with music, they just play the same over and over. We're in a time where music is mostly commercial, it wasn't like that back in old times. Bands were more focused on experimenting and creating new music, rather than commercialization of it. That's why it is considered a classic or a legend. A classic is not a song which is just old, it's a song who made history and was revolutionary for that specific genre it is about.

I'll take a few examples of the 80s and early 90s. Metallica goes first. Revolutionaries of heavy metal, they are a symbol of it nowadays. Nirvana brought a new whole genre, called grunge. Guns N Roses experimented hard rock with funk styles, not to mention great solos and music from great musicians. I would also mention the old Green Day, especially with the album Dookie... they revived the old punk rock genre who was considered dead. You'll find it surprising how many punk bands are influenced by that album nowadays.

Give me an example of a new band who would inspire newer generations. I think the 80s and 90s bands will never stop inspiring even at generations to come.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?