JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Do you openly tell people that you listen to Japanese music?
Yes, it's not something I'm ashamed of. 205 85.42%
Yes, but only to friends. 27 11.25%
No, because people ridicule me for it. 6 2.50%
No, not even to friends. 2 0.83%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#91 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
03-28-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikkiFM View Post
im listening to japanese music because its relaxing... the lyrics is more meaningful,,, plus the some of the instruments that they're using is their traditional instruments... (do i have a point there?) but yah... i love their music... ^___^
Agrees^^

No one should have to have a reason they listen to a song though or a language for that matter but yeah I do think they have more meaningful lyrics than most American pop

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#92 (permalink))
Old
hikkiFM (Offline)
Pink Is Life

Send a message via Yahoo to hikkiFM
03-28-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimin View Post
Agrees^^

No one should have to have a reason they listen to a song though or a language for that matter but yeah I do think they have more meaningful lyrics than most American pop
yup... its just my opinion but most of the american songs were like about sex, cars, ambitions,etc... i mean... listen to there songs... even if the songs are not that meaningful, they hit no.1 because of the singer it self... popularity that is...

Otosan - Sephiroth VVC ,Okaasan -ChiAmaterasuNeko
Onee chan - Pexter
(#93 (permalink))
Old
minimin (Offline)
Reeta-Leena Korhola

Send a message via AIM to minimin Send a message via MSN to minimin
03-28-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
yup... its just my opinion but most of the american songs were like about sex, cars, ambitions,etc... i mean... listen to there songs... even if the songs are not that meaningful, they hit no.1 because of the singer it self... popularity that is...
I can totally agree, theirs not much depth in American pop anymore, not saying I dont listen because occasionally I do, but yeah they dont talk much about what I care about anymore, some is really catchy but most I reject immediately. and yeah most stars only shine due to their popularity or rather looks not because they have true talent, not trashing the talented ones because theirs many, but the ones whom stand out more are much easier to find than the ones that don't stand out.

Rest in peace Kyle <3
(#94 (permalink))
Old
BusterWolfXII (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to BusterWolfXII Send a message via MSN to BusterWolfXII Send a message via Yahoo to BusterWolfXII
03-28-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Pretty much. They hit number 1 because they appeal to the most people. That's why you get all these catchy, one-hit wonder songs and "musicians" that appear here. It's not complex, you don't need to be a music expert to understand or appreciate them, you can groove to it, it's simple, catchy, but you won't remember it 3 years from now.
(#95 (permalink))
Old
hikkiFM (Offline)
Pink Is Life

03-28-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterWolfXII View Post
Pretty much. They hit number 1 because they appeal to the most people. That's why you get all these catchy, one-hit wonder songs and "musicians" that appear here. It's not complex, you don't need to be a music expert to understand or appreciate them, you can groove to it, it's simple, catchy, but you won't remember it 3 years from now.
yeah.. coz after their one hit... they're gone..

Onee chan - Pexter
(#96 (permalink))
Old
Eren (Offline)
New to JF

Narrow mindedness... - 03-28-2009, 11:09 AM

I love J-rock, and I don't really care who knows, but I do get quite a bit of stick for it.

It's because so many people these days are musically narrow minded. A lot of my friends are put off of Japanese music I show them purely because it's in a foreign language!

It's quite irritating to be honest.

Sometimes it's nice listening to Japanese music, even when you can't fully understand it, because it gives you an opportunity to appreciate the music, rather than the lyrics. Though, Japanese lyrics sound pretty awesome, and listening to them is a great way of becoming accustomed to the way Japanese people speak, and learning more about the language.

My current favourite Japanese bands are Girugämesh and Mucc ^^
(#97 (permalink))
Old
hikkiFM (Offline)
Pink Is Life

03-28-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eren View Post
I love J-rock, and I don't really care who knows, but I do get quite a bit of stick for it.

It's because so many people these days are musically narrow minded. A lot of my friends are put off of Japanese music I show them purely because it's in a foreign language!

Sometimes it's nice listening to Japanese music, even when you can't fully understand it, because it gives you an opportunity to appreciate the music, rather than the lyrics. Though, Japanese lyrics sound pretty awesome, and listening to them is a great way of becoming accustomed to the way Japanese people speak, and learning more about the language.

My current favourite Japanese bands are Girugämesh and Mucc ^^
absolutely.... whenever my friends hear my jpop stuff the will ask if i do understand japanese.... they'll say, why listen if u dont understant? ill just simply say... y bother? haha

you like jrock? check out my gallery... ^_^ http://www.japanforum.com/gallery/sh...0&ppuser=50539

Onee chan - Pexter
(#98 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

03-28-2009, 12:33 PM

People didn't understand why I liked it either, but all they enjoyed were Red Hot Chili Peppers and Green Day.

I told them the reason I listened to it, was because it took my fancy. I enjoyed how it sounded, and from then on I started to listen to it more and more. But I find myself sticking to the older bands/J Pop and JRap/hip pop these days more, seeing as VK/OK has taken a turn like American music. Everything sounds the same.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#99 (permalink))
Old
hikkiFM (Offline)
Pink Is Life

03-28-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
People didn't understand why I liked it either, but all they enjoyed were Red Hot Chili Peppers and Green Day.

I told them the reason I listened to it, was because it took my fancy. I enjoyed how it sounded, and from then on I started to listen to it more and more. But I find myself sticking to the older bands/J Pop and JRap/hip pop these days more, seeing as VK/OK has taken a turn like American music. Everything sounds the same.
yah me too... i dont even know new jpop/jrock artist now a days,,,

Onee chan - Pexter
(#100 (permalink))
Old
BusterWolfXII (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to BusterWolfXII Send a message via MSN to BusterWolfXII Send a message via Yahoo to BusterWolfXII
03-28-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eren View Post

It's not just music, either. Anything in a foreign language, most of my friends who aren't into Japan won't really dig no matter how good it is.

Quote:
yah me too... i dont even know new jpop/jrock artist now a days,,,
The newest band I know is Maximum the Hormone. I've been trying to find new, not just J-Rock but American rock as well, but I can't really find much and the stuff that I do find is pretty lame.