JapanForum.com  


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire's Avatar
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station
 
Posts: 2,353
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ウェリントン、ニュジランド
08-13-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atredies View Post
by your logic the british pop invasion should never be successful in the usa. uk's economy was shattered and dwarfed after the second world war. by your logic south korean pop songs should never be successful in china. the economy of southern korea is very tiny compare to china. by your logic my father should be listening to many japanese songs with his sony walkman in the 80s to today. popular culture has nothing to do with macroeconomics.

stop making stuffs up. it is making yourself bad. i do not want to start my morning like this. bye bye.
British pop invasion? Never heard of that....

Im aware that British pop infiltrated the US market... I didnt know it was of such magnitude to overshadow the US music industry.

As for your China argument.... you are right... it has a big economy.

Maybe its the exception to the rule? (I can pull all sorts of other criteria out of my a$$... it doesnt have a free media or suffers from extreme self-censorship or has a very tiny middle class)

Or maybe you are right and my rule is full of s**t?

Finally.... maybe you shouldnt take this thread so seriously... after all... its about pop music

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 08-13-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Atredies (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 99
Join Date: Jun 2010
08-13-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
(I can pull all sorts of other criteria out of my a$$... it doesnt have a free media or suffers from extreme self-censorship or has a very tiny middle class)

Or maybe you are right and my rule is full of s**t?
you words are vulgar in front of a lady. i said it is making yourself bad not too long ago. i want you to improve yourself. i do not think it is a difficult thing to do.

stop making this discussion a vulgar one. treat others and yourself well. do not deteriorate yourself boy.
Reply With Quote
(#23 (permalink))
Old
KylieHJensen's Avatar
KylieHJensen (Offline)
JF Regular
 
Posts: 63
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United States / Taiwan / Norway
08-13-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Well economics is a factor too.

China was a third world country and some people say it still is.

As far as Im aware.... pop music didnt even exist in China until relatively recently. (Hong Kong doesnt count because as we all know... Britain owned it up until the 90s and despite what Chinese nationalists say... Taiwan is not part of China)

Lets look at economies between Japan and Korea... Oh well what do you know.

Japan wins again.
What does economies of Japan has to do with Jpop? China's economy is being controlled by Communism and while they are pretty open market today, it is still part of communism. Having that said, I hope this doesn't hurt your ego

China overtakes Japan as No.2 economy: FX chief | Reuters


"Knowledge is Power" ... Francis Bacon
凱麗黃珍森
Reply With Quote
(#24 (permalink))
Old
KylieHJensen's Avatar
KylieHJensen (Offline)
JF Regular
 
Posts: 63
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United States / Taiwan / Norway
08-13-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atredies View Post
you words are vulgar in front of a lady. i said it is making yourself bad not too long ago. i want you to improve yourself. i do not think it is a difficult thing to do.

stop making this discussion a vulgar one. treat others and yourself well. do not deteriorate yourself boy.
lot of his words are based on opinion rather than facts, see above.


"Knowledge is Power" ... Francis Bacon
凱麗黃珍森
Reply With Quote
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire's Avatar
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station
 
Posts: 2,353
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ウェリントン、ニュジランド
08-14-2010, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieHJensen View Post
What does economies of Japan has to do with Jpop? China's economy is being controlled by Communism and while they are pretty open market today, it is still part of communism.
Maybe you should read the thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieHJensen View Post
Having that said, I hope this doesn't hurt your ego
China overtakes Japan as No.2 economy: FX chief | Reuters
First of all... how would that hurt my ego?

Second of all... 2nd biggest economy with over 1 billion people can still equal third world country in many ways.
Reply With Quote
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Atredies (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 99
Join Date: Jun 2010
08-14-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieHJensen View Post
lot of his words are based on opinion rather than facts, see above.
he needs a mother
Reply With Quote
(#27 (permalink))
Old
AllICanSay's Avatar
AllICanSay (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 278
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cheesetown!
08-16-2010, 12:32 AM

With the Hallyu wave going on I would say that Kpop is bigger than Jpop.

Another thing is that the Korean Idols can actually sing and dance compared to the Japanese Idols. They just act cute :P


(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Reply With Quote
(#28 (permalink))
Old
ProjectChu (Offline)
New to JF
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Aug 2010
08-18-2010, 12:39 AM

Yeah i really think so to with the Korean stars going to Japan and not the other way around, and stars like rain, wonder girls and Boa making it in the states is kinda powerful dont you think

but I guess we will have to wait and see what happens to akenashi Jin
Reply With Quote
(#29 (permalink))
Old
slystrawberry (Offline)
New to JF
 
Posts: 18
Join Date: Aug 2010
08-22-2010, 10:29 PM

im a pretty big fan of jrock but some kpop bands in my opinion are ok
Reply With Quote
(#30 (permalink))
Old
steven (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 544
Join Date: Apr 2010
08-22-2010, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
British pop invasion? Never heard of that....

Im aware that British pop infiltrated the US market... I didnt know it was of such magnitude to overshadow the US music industry.

As for your China argument.... you are right... it has a big economy.

Maybe its the exception to the rule? (I can pull all sorts of other criteria out of my a$$... it doesnt have a free media or suffers from extreme self-censorship or has a very tiny middle class)

Or maybe you are right and my rule is full of s**t?

Finally.... maybe you shouldnt take this thread so seriously... after all... its about pop music
As far as I know "The British Invasion" is a widely used term to describe the influx of British pop groups entering the US market in the mid-sixties (basically following in the Beatles' footstepts). I don't quite know if that's what that commen was about, but if it is I hope that clears things up.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright 2003-2006 Virtual Japan.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6