JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
04-04-2011, 03:46 PM

I had to think for a while on this one. I recall first hearing koto and shamisen sometime in childhood and thinking it was pretty and calming, but I rarely was interested in either quality at the time.

But I just remembered the song I sang all through the summer of 1963 ..... Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto! Unfortunately it was a one-hit-wonder and the English version was awful. But the Japanese version hit the top 10 of Billboard that June and I knew the lyrics long before that.

Then there was this slight gap of about 40 years before I discovered Keisho Ohno and a livelier shamisen. After that, volunteering as a sound tech/DJ introduced me to the soundtracks for anime - some I like, and a lot I don't care for..... same as in any other genre.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
ante (Offline)
JF Regular

04-08-2011, 05:25 AM

Pretty much Guitar -> Miyavi -> J-Rock

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.
-Bob Dylan
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Nanashi (Offline)
New to JF

Smile 04-08-2011, 01:30 PM

I got to know Japanese Musik, when I found in "wikipedia" a list of japanese Bands...I tried one or two and then I found the Band "Flow" and I really like their music! One of my favourite songs is "Snowflake"^^

Nanashi

Buuuh!! I'm German and not good in English and can't speak Japanese. I'm so clever to register myself here *head meets tabel*
okay, I did it because I want to know somebody in Japan...so is there anybody?
If there is somebody, please PN me!
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Jnekolove19 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Jnekolove19
I blame my friends - 04-08-2011, 03:00 PM

I got into Japanese music my freshmen year of college when my new friends introduced it to me. 3 years later I still remember the first song I ever heard, it was Speedmaster by Gackt. Now I own, what some of my friends say is, an excessive amount of JRock music. I'm hooked for life
(#25 (permalink))
Old
xnamelessx (Offline)
Fashion is what u make it

Send a message via ICQ to xnamelessx Send a message via AIM to xnamelessx Send a message via MSN to xnamelessx Send a message via Yahoo to xnamelessx Send a message via Skype™ to xnamelessx
Thumbs up <3 <3 InuYasha ! - 04-09-2011, 12:11 AM

InuYasha is like the one of the best anime series I've come across to date. It's funny and the plot is good. Nice love story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagey View Post
Inuyasha! i love the openings & endings my favorites are every heart by Bou & brand new world by V6

xNaMeLeSsX
aka
SaChIkO
aka
Sarah Cheeks/San

♀ ♀ SaCh Pwoductions♀ ♀

Member of the infamous
Lolita Clan

___________________________________________________________________________ ____________

And the Pucca Clan Leader
(#26 (permalink))
Old
xnamelessx (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to xnamelessx Send a message via AIM to xnamelessx Send a message via MSN to xnamelessx Send a message via Yahoo to xnamelessx Send a message via Skype™ to xnamelessx
04-09-2011, 12:30 AM

Hyde - Words of Love
But because I am a Christian, a lot of Metal conflicts with the beliefs obviously e.g. views on the devil and stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooru View Post
I'm pretty sure my friend just told me to listen to Hyde. He was he favorite, so I started looking for other and just listened to Gackt for the longest time. Until I realized that the one random song I had no Idea where it came from for almost five years was Diru, and yeah. They are still my favorite J-rock/metal/whatever the hell they are band to date.

xNaMeLeSsX
aka
SaChIkO
aka
Sarah Cheeks/San

♀ ♀ SaCh Pwoductions♀ ♀

Member of the infamous
Lolita Clan

___________________________________________________________________________ ____________

(#27 (permalink))
Old
xnamelessx (Offline)

Gackt <3 - 04-09-2011, 12:33 AM

Gackt is amazing! <3

xNaMeLeSsX
aka
SaChIkO
aka
Sarah Cheeks/San

♀ ♀ SaCh Pwoductions♀ ♀

Member of the infamous
Lolita Clan

(#28 (permalink))
Old
StonerPenguin (Offline)
loves bein' gross ಥ‿

04-09-2011, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
I got to know Japanese Musik, when I found in "wikipedia" a list of japanese Bands...I tried one or two and then I found the Band "Flow" and I really like their music! One of my favourite songs is "Snowflake"^^

Nanashi
Ah I love Flow too =D One of my first J-rock bands and still one of my favorites I like Snowflake too, though my favorites are "Word of the Voice" & "Phantom" (along with many others)

I was introduced to Japanese music through the anime on Adult Swim in '05-'06, I had recently bought a metal DDR pad and downloaded StepMania. Most of the songs available are anime themes so I started listening to the music in anime more objectively to find songs I wanted to play on SM. The first songs I remember really like were the themes for Eureka Seven (specifically "Days" by Flow among others). I expanded my song library and taste in Japanese music simultaneously And even though I've grown out of anime I still really like J-music.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Nanashi (Offline)
New to JF

04-09-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Ah I love Flow too =D One of my first J-rock bands and still one of my favorites I like Snowflake too, though my favorites are "Word of the Voice" & "Phantom" (along with many others)
Oh, cool! *listening to the songs*
Wow <3 "Word of the Voice" is fantastic! And with an English lyrics I understand everything! *-*
Love this song!

(I opened a threat about Flow, do you want to post the songs there, StonerPenguin?)

Nanashi

Buuuh!! I'm German and not good in English and can't speak Japanese. I'm so clever to register myself here *head meets tabel*
okay, I did it because I want to know somebody in Japan...so is there anybody?
If there is somebody, please PN me!
(#30 (permalink))
Old
StonerPenguin (Offline)
loves bein' gross ಥ‿

04-10-2011, 02:06 PM

Haha, okay Nanashi I will. Glad you like the songs~