JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Music (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-music/)
-   -   Utada Hikaru Anyone...? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-music/3657-utada-hikaru-anyone.html)

Uriko 01-04-2008 02:49 AM

i loooove herrrr (T-T)

Retrogamer77 01-04-2008 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abasio (Post 91709)
Oh it's not the fact that she can't sing or speak English but more just comical song writing skills (or lack of).

Not a fan!

I disagree totally with this statement. It's because of some of her song lyrics that I love her. Though I'm not a huge fan of all her english works, (I can't stand Easy breezy. Sorry. :o ) I feel that songs such as Kremlin Dusk, You Make Me Want to be a Man, and Sakura Drops, just to name a few, do an amazing job of getting her feeling across. And it's not just about the lyrics. There are so many artists out there with supposed "good" lyrics. But It's really about the music behind it. Her music makes you feel an entire range of emotions. If you don't feel moved by it then, well...you just don't like it. No big deal. But don't write an artist off on lyrics (especially when that is rarely a problem), and ignore their whole point of conveying feelings to you through their music. I wouldn't say that I love JRock, but I do like AnCafe. Some people have different tastes, I understand. But just because I'm not in love with AnCafe or some of their lyrics does not make them any less better than any other JRock band. I believe it's her wonderful voice and nearly always passion filled performances that give her such a huge fan base. :p :rheart:

drummachick 01-09-2008 06:16 AM

I love her! My favorite song of hers is 'colors'. I like passions and kremlin dusk too.

For sure colors is my #1!:pinkclap:

drummachick 01-09-2008 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retrogamer77 (Post 346858)
I disagree totally with this statement. It's because of some of her song lyrics that I love her. Though I'm not a huge fan of all her english works, (I can't stand Easy breezy. Sorry. :o ) I feel that songs such as Kremlin Dusk, You Make Me Want to be a Man, and Sakura Drops, just to name a few, do an amazing job of getting her feeling across. And it's not just about the lyrics. There are so many artists out there with supposed "good" lyrics. But It's really about the music behind it. Her music makes you feel an entire range of emotions. If you don't feel moved by it then, well...you just don't like it. No big deal. But don't write an artist off on lyrics (especially when that is rarely a problem), and ignore their whole point of conveying feelings to you through their music. I wouldn't say that I love JRock, but I do like AnCafe. Some people have different tastes, I understand. But just because I'm not in love with AnCafe or some of their lyrics does not make them any less better than any other JRock band. I believe it's her wonderful voice and nearly always passion filled performances that give her such a huge fan base. :p :rheart:

co-sign :pinkclap:

Retrogamer77 01-09-2008 06:30 AM

Lol. Thanx drumma chick!:p

Retrogamer77 03-18-2008 09:41 PM

Can't wait for HEART STATION, it's going to be amaziiiiiiing! *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!* :happypika:

nakamura25 03-19-2008 01:20 PM

release is today..im so gonna get it...cant wait to hear her new music..hear prisoner of love is great too...just havent heard it yet...

AllICanSay 03-20-2008 10:47 PM

HEART STATION is like awsome :D :cool:
favorite new song: Fight the Blues and Take 5!!

defenitely a MUST HAVE!!

QuoyaNatsume 03-20-2008 10:49 PM

If she has a vid why don't you guyz post it in JF's MTV so ppl can see or listen to it here on the forum!!!:vsign:

AllICanSay 03-20-2008 10:53 PM

You mean new vids?? cuz I've posted a lot of hikki vids in the past :vsign: