JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Music (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-music/)
-   -   Utada Hikaru Anyone...? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-music/3657-utada-hikaru-anyone.html)

Kokugen 04-12-2007 03:01 AM

Utada Hikaru Anyone...?

I don't see a thread about her strange I though there'd be one, well anyways she's an extremely successful artist, all her albums but hit 1 number one on Japanese charts. She is the artist of all lyrical Kingdom Hearts music and she's only 24.

Anyways anyone listen to her? I'm listening to Sanctuary now.

lollijenn 04-12-2007 03:02 AM

i must say she is amazing!!!

but im not into too much j-pop

Kokugen 04-12-2007 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lollijenn (Post 88828)
i must say she is amazing!!!

but im not into too much j-pop

Yeah I noticed J-Pop isn't as loved as J-Rock and she is quite amazing :vsign:

lollijenn 04-12-2007 03:06 AM

i think that is because most j-pop is TOO bouncy lol..

and jrock has REALLY FANTASTIC moments.

:)

dreamyourworld 04-12-2007 02:22 PM

maybe it's because jrock has a more strong attitude
and not only in the style, also in the music.:p

but utada hikaru's music is good.
although the kg songs are the best

AllICanSay 04-12-2007 03:19 PM

I'm probably her biggest fan here in Holland :D
I think Passion is a great song but she got better songs. Keep Tryin' or Making Love from her Ultra Blue album for example or Kremlin Dusk from her English album Exodus

Abasio 04-13-2007 01:53 PM

I have to say that I can't stand Utada Hikaru.
Her Japanese lyrics are annoying enough but when she attempts it in English it is just painful.

Your easy breezy & I'm Japanesey.

& then hearing her rap about her new microphone.

imagine hearing that everywhere you went for 4 months :eek:

ShibaInu 04-13-2007 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abasio (Post 90873)
Her Japanese lyrics are annoying enough but when she attempts it in English it is just painful.

hmm, i'm confused..:confused: .i've seen some of her music videos and she can speak and sing English well, similar to an american accent or something? i've watched her sing the song "with or without u" by U2 in english in an mtv unplugged concert...

AllICanSay 04-13-2007 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShibaInu (Post 91305)
hmm, i'm confused..:confused: .i've seen some of her music videos and she can speak and sing English well, similar to an american accent or something?

She lived in New York when she was young giving her the american accent.

SakuraSan 04-13-2007 08:52 PM

Hmmn ive only heard a few of her stuff,but shes really good ^^

Abasio 04-14-2007 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShibaInu (Post 91305)
hmm, i'm confused..:confused: .i've seen some of her music videos and she can speak and sing English well, similar to an american accent or something? i've watched her sing the song "with or without u" by U2 in english in an mtv unplugged concert...

Oh it's not the fact that she can't sing or speak English but more just comical song writing skills (or lack of).

Not a fan!

NanteNa 04-15-2007 01:02 AM

First Love makes me cry every single time. It gets annoying at last, but I can't help it. *sniff*

dragonrazor 04-15-2007 01:57 AM

i know i posted on a thread about her a few days ago, but here goes again

i like her music, and i liked her until i saw the Sakura Drops music video. she has no emotion in her face during it, which kind of creeps me out

Kanji_The_Wanderer 04-15-2007 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonrazor (Post 92572)
i know i posted on a thread about her a few days ago, but here goes again

i like her music, and i liked her until i saw the Sakura Drops music video. she has no emotion in her face during it, which kind of creeps me out

I personally love the song and the video. The reason she appears to have no emotion because that song is about her being depressed and bored with everything. So she is feeling melancholy, she expresses that much at least.

SeraphsAlaria 04-15-2007 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abasio (Post 90873)

Your easy breezy & I'm Japanesey.

& then hearing her rap about her new microphone.

imagine hearing that everywhere you went for 4 months :eek:

lol Yea... Her English is fine though. I saw a few clips of her speaking on CNN and getting offended because the Interviewer related her to Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. I had to laugh! :rolleyes: I like a few songs on Exodus (for the music! not the lyrics.."Tippy Toe" is just wrong) but for the most part I can't stand vibrato and she pushes that to the max! Whether its her ignored shyness or just her style...who knows~ ^^p

animeotakugirl14 04-15-2007 07:30 AM

I love Hikki I'm her biggest ( well sorta ) fan here in America. I love Kremlin dusk, passion, animato, easy breezy, letters, deep river, simple and clean, the list goes on and on. She is very talented and I admire her singing skills. :ywave: Hikki or Hikaru whichever

dragonrazor 04-15-2007 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer (Post 92867)
I personally love the song and the video. The reason she appears to have no emotion because that song is about her being depressed and bored with everything. So she is feeling melancholy, she expresses that much at least.

just for reference...Gendou.com lists Sakura Drops as Sakura's Theme from Naruto. is it?

also, i don't really like that...i mean, she wasn't even looking depressed, she looked like an effing robot or android

Jennibatmanfer 04-15-2007 11:35 PM

I like the Flavor Of Life song, I heard it in the Meteor Garden show (Boys Over Flowers live action t.v. drama) and it makes me cry everytime I listen to because of the show. :rheart: :vsign: :bigears: :pandasmile: :chococat:

AllICanSay 04-17-2007 08:51 PM

for those who are interested Utada is working on a new song. it's still unknown what kind of song it's gonna be and when it will be released.
i'm really curious what her new single is gonna be like..

CountessDarkRose 04-18-2007 04:33 PM

:rheart: I love Utada Hikaru! Espicially the song Sanctuary

AllICanSay 04-18-2007 05:42 PM

Which version of flavor of life you like the most?
I prefer the normal version over the Antidote mix and ballad version

Zero 04-18-2007 07:10 PM

As much as my friends rip me for it sometimes ^^ lol.... i must admit i am a J-Pop fan :p. Especially Utada :). Love Simple and Clean (aka Hikari) from KH.. especially when she sings it live ^^. And the video for Be My Last is so upsetting :(.
I have a complete audio album of her Live Budokan tour performance.. and i would definitely reccommend it to anyone that likes her music ! :)

AllICanSay 04-19-2007 09:38 PM

This is her Passion PV

I think this is her best vid:D

CoolNard 04-20-2007 01:43 AM

That was an awesome vid!! :eek: Oh well, I'm a j-pop fanantic too XD

Kanji_The_Wanderer 04-20-2007 12:50 PM

Hell yeah! That Passion video is still awesome. And I've seen it a dozen times already. Utada will always be awesome. She's right up there with Ayumi-san I am also a J-pop fanantic as well.

AllICanSay 04-22-2007 10:20 PM

Not only is she one of the best artists of Japan, she is also one of the best Tetris players:eek: was amazed when I saw this
part 1

part 2

glaylover 04-29-2007 01:21 PM

The first jpop album I ever bought was hers. Fav song will always be Can You Keep A Secret.

dreamyourworld 04-29-2007 01:24 PM

although i don't like her that much. i do like the way she acts sometimes :p
she sure i a fun person to watch^^

AllICanSay 04-29-2007 01:27 PM

Watch her getting surprised. It's funny

AllICanSay 05-13-2007 03:30 PM

(didn't want to lose this thread -__-v)
What is your opinion of her English album Exodus?

You make we want to be a man(not one of the best songs on the album but it's the best vid of the album ^__^)

AllICanSay 05-18-2007 08:27 PM

50s sample of her new single "Kiss & Cry"

Kaicui 05-18-2007 08:30 PM

oo never heard dat one yet ill b sureto download it....i like her song first love

AllICanSay 05-18-2007 08:31 PM

whaa me to:D

Opening and Passion from her Utada United Live tour

Kaicui 05-18-2007 08:37 PM

^passion got old 4 me realllllll quick!

AllICanSay 05-18-2007 08:43 PM

nah it never bores me. but than again all utada's music never bores me. i can listen to it all day without going crazy:)

Kaicui 05-18-2007 08:44 PM

ive probably listened to first love over 10 000 times since last yr lol

AllICanSay 05-18-2007 08:47 PM

lol well your not the only one ^__^

First Love

Kaicui 05-18-2007 08:49 PM

^shes ugly imo tho

AllICanSay 05-18-2007 08:51 PM

Agree. she is not the most prettiest person i have seen but her amazing voice makes it up for that:) . Though she has something that's cute about her

Kaicui 05-18-2007 08:57 PM

nope...she looks like another middle aged women to me...