JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Music (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-music/)
-   -   Why do you like Visual Kei? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-music/5656-why-do-you-like-visual-kei.html)

MelfinaPan 07-02-2007 04:02 PM

^Nicely put :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToKyObOxRoBoT (Post 166994)
everything!
and the fact that it is very different from the stuff that people around here listen to....

Yeah, I like being the "different" one around here. Although it can be a bummer too because I have no one to share my enthusiasm with.

CrystalTear 07-02-2007 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelfinaPan (Post 167006)

Yeah, I like being the "different" one around here. Although it can be a bummer too because I have no one to share my enthusiasm with.

Yeah, the same here.

ToKyObOxRoBoT 07-02-2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelfinaPan (Post 167006)

true...

but in my case i'm used to being by myself and doing things independantly and i'm pretty sure that's why i branched off in music.....

but it does get upseting when nobody really like your music except people who live miles away and across a body of water....

Visualkeistar 07-02-2007 08:06 PM

yea! why does everyone like me? XD :rheart:

DethByDisco 07-03-2007 02:30 PM

I love VK because it's the whole package... the music is brilliant, the style is brilliant, most songs by VK bands are about really taboo/weird/uncomfortable subjects (when they're translated) there's really nothing else like VK!

I love the make-up, the hair, the clothes, their videos, just everything! lol

The whole scene is just completely different from anything over here in the U.K... and it's really really crap where I live (Liverpool) because there's, like, nobody here who is into what I'm into! When I show my mates anything about VK they just say it's 'emo' and laugh at it! :(

but, anyway, VK is simply AWESOME!! :)

NanteNa 07-03-2007 02:31 PM

It's hard to explain, but somehow the VK style is so.. drawing.. It kinda catches you and drags you into the world of VK Jrock. ^__^v

AikoukanoKaoru 07-22-2007 10:47 AM

The short explanation, which is all I have time for at the moment, is simply this. I love music, I love bishounen and I love japan. Basically boiled down it's a 3 for 1 deal and you can't beat it.

Hentaro 07-22-2007 10:53 AM

I don't really know why I love visual kei... I just love it...

:rheart: :lovecat: :rheart: :lovecat: :rheart: :lovecat: :rheart:

Aleesunz 07-22-2007 02:19 PM

I don't really...XD

Loving the new Oshare-Kei scene though.

And eh, I love the stage set-up bits of it, but that's it rly. I dunnp. I'm usually attracted to different cultures naturally anywas ;p

whitetwilight 07-23-2007 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NanteNa (Post 167914)
It's hard to explain, but somehow the VK style is so.. drawing.. It kinda catches you and drags you into the world of VK Jrock. ^__^v

Concur...
Also I love this part of the Japanese culture-
Stretching the lines between masulinity and feminity.
I love how androgynous they are, and no one cares, when they would NEVER be able to do that in the US. They aren't even all gay either.

I guess I just like the sexual balance?
And the music, definitely the music too!! XD
We can't get lost in the image and forget the music... The image is there to enhance the musical experience.