JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
STRAWBERR1 (Offline)
New to JF

Ali Project - 07-19-2007, 08:14 AM

I didn't find any thread like this, so I created one ^_^ If you listen to the duo, here you can discuss their music, and if you don't, then you should start listening to them.

From last.fm:

ALI PROJECT is a Japanese duo with a strong Gothic Lolita image, consisting of Arika TAKARANO (宝野アリカ TAKARANO Arika) (vocals & lyrics) and Mikiya KATAKURA (片倉三起也 KATAKURA Mikiya) (music & arrangement).

They made their debut in the charts back in 1988 as Ant Project (蟻プロジェクト Ari Purojekkuto) with their album Fantastic Garden (幻想庭園 Gensō Teien).

Four years later, in 1992, they changed their name and made their major debut with the single Fall in Love, Maiden (恋せよ乙女 Koiseyo Otome).

Most of their records are released by Toshiba-EMI, Victor Entertainment and Tokuma Japan.

Nowadays their records are released by Mellow Head.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
ButterflyDemise (Offline)
喜悦

07-19-2007, 08:36 AM

I've only been able to hear a few of her songs~ but I love them! I first discovered her after hearing her song for Rozen Maiden (^^) She has a really cute singing voice

"Even if a leapord sleeps at the end of your bed like a kitten, it still has the power to tear out your throat."
(#3 (permalink))
Old
STRAWBERR1 (Offline)
New to JF

07-19-2007, 08:40 AM

Yeah, Mikiya has a wonderful voice.

What made me addicted to ALI PROJECT in the first place was mostly the unique sound. Violins and stuff, that makes the music sound dark in a way. I think that is really cool Also, I really like the Aristocrat-style!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
喜悦

07-19-2007, 08:53 AM

Oh yes~ I love the sound very much. Very refreshing (^^) haha. I know I'll probably get burned for this, but it's like Mana's work, only more soft and pleasing to the ears *takes cover from Mana-obsessed fangirls*

"Even if a leapord sleeps at the end of your bed like a kitten, it still has the power to tear out your throat."
(#5 (permalink))
Old
STRAWBERR1 (Offline)
New to JF

07-19-2007, 08:55 AM

HHHAHAHHAHA XD I'm not Mana obcessed, and for now there's only us two hogging the thread, so don't worry!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
喜悦

07-19-2007, 08:58 AM

haha, yay. I use to be though XD I wore down and now just see him as a talented, pretty man. And I know.. but I'm now scared one will come in, see it, and burn my @$$.

Either way... I also love the outfits she wears. They're very lovely~ Though her puffy hair can use some downtoning(sp?) sometimes. haha

(#7 (permalink))
Old
STRAWBERR1 (Offline)
New to JF

07-19-2007, 09:02 AM

Don't worry, I'll fight the Mana-fan girls away if they try to burn your @$$! 8)

What? No! I like her hair.. it's.... fluffy ¤_¤ -drools slighlty- And I definitely agree on the whole clothes-thing. Aristocrat-style for the win! The musicvideos are really awesome as well -drooooools-
(#8 (permalink))
Old
喜悦

07-19-2007, 09:04 AM

XD Thanks for the protection~

Well, I do like the fact you can jump into it and hide.. or camp out. Just kidding, just kidding. I guess we just have slightly different tastes in how puffy she makes her hair, haha.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
STRAWBERR1 (Offline)
New to JF

07-19-2007, 09:40 AM

HAHHAHA XD Well, it's big, I'm not denying that. I bet a whole family of mice lives in there, but I like her hair. Because it's so big, it's Arika. Fits her, since she always dress in big dresses 8D
(#10 (permalink))
Old
喜悦

07-19-2007, 09:46 AM

Yeah, I guess so ^^ It's like pulling a lady out of olden times~ Only with a modern twist.