JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Nki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Nki
Parkour - 12-07-2007, 08:32 PM

Hi JF Members and Guest. Into this topic I would like to talk about Parkour.

Parkour (sometimes abbreviated to PK) or l'art du déplacement (English: the art of displacement) is an activity with the aim of moving from one point to another as efficiently and quickly as possible, using principally the abilities of the human body.[2][3] It is meant to help one overcome obstacles, which can be anything in the surrounding environment — from branches and rocks to rails and concrete walls — and can be practiced in both rural and urban areas. Parkour practitioners are referred to as traceurs, or traceuses for females.[4]

Founded by David Belle in France, parkour focuses on practicing efficient movements to develop your body and mind to be able to overcome obstacles in an emergency. Also may be a form of entertainment or as a pastime.

I guees this Sport can be Mixed with other diciplines such as Martial Arts.
I I used to be a Tae Kwan Do fighter when I was 8-10 years old... But now.. I`m traceur. with lots of to help anytime

Nki Loves You.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Philosophy - 12-07-2007, 08:40 PM

To understand the philosophy of parkour takes quite a while, because you have to get used to it first. While you still have to try to actually do the movements, you will not feel much about the philosophy. But when you're able to move in your own way, then you start to see how parkour changes other things in your life; and you approach problems — for example in your job — differently, because you have been trained to overcome obstacles. This sudden realization comes at a different time to different people: some get it very early, some get it very late. You can't really say 'it takes two months to realize what parkour is'. So, now, I don't say 'I do parkour', but 'I live parkour', because its philosophy has become my life, my way to do everything

Nki Loves You.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

12-07-2007, 08:44 PM

I think Parkour is really cool to see... BUT i could never be able to do some of the stuff!!! Interessting philosophy though!!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Nki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-07-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
I think Parkour is really cool to see... BUT i could never be able to do some of the stuff!!! Interessting philosophy though!!
I guess It is cool to see, I`m a Rookie into this sport.. but that is the cool part of it: You are Your only barrer to do it. I`m into this path right now and I`m felling great.
I used to be a skater when i was 15-17, but I mix it all
and hope you Never say Never.
Imposible is Nothing!!

Nki Loves You.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

12-07-2007, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nki View Post
I guess It is cool to see, I`m a Rookie into this sport.. but that is the cool part of it: You are Your only barrer to do it. I`m into this path right now and I`m felling great.
I used to be a skater when i was 15-17, but I mix it all
and hope you Never say Never.
Imposible is Nothing!!
lol... you caught me out, i said never!!!! lol...
I have 2 friends that do it... funny enough, they were skaters too!!! But they are kinda "fearless" and have injured themselves plenty of times!!!
For me, the reason i say i couldn't do it is cos i imagine you have to train ALL the time... unfortunately i don't have time for that... and another thing.. my fitness and adgility isn't exactly "great" lol... if you know what i mean!!

Keep it up though... i'll always be envious of people like you!!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
kaleyla (Offline)
New to JF

12-21-2007, 07:18 AM

parkour... i never thought i would find sth like that here
my neighbour tries to do it... hes bad
i watch the videos on youtube etc, but i cant do it by myself yet
im trying to get really fit and then ill start
but parkour is getting really famous, isnt it? thats great
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Dymaz (Offline)
New to JF

01-06-2008, 12:30 PM

i..know...this...tread...is..a..littlle..old...just..wanted..to..say...ive. ..practiced...parkour..for..now..
2..years...xD
and...btw...ur...definition..was...correct..xD
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Tturtle (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-11-2008, 05:13 PM

I love watching the Parkour videos on youtube. The guys that can do it well are amazing. Some urban areas really seem built for the sport. I think that if I lived in a less rural area I might get into it as well. What I'd like to see is a really good video game based on it. Assassin's Creed is the closest thing to what I imagine it would be like playing it.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
FantasyQueen (Offline)
JF Regular

02-23-2008, 10:32 PM

I simply adoree this sport!

Some friends of mine are trainin it and I think it's so cool but very dangerous.

I've heard it for the first time from one boy and I became obsessed. My friend and I want to do it and we'll begin in the summer I hope.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
typesblur (Offline)
Designated Distraction

02-24-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymaz View Post
i..know...this...tread...is..a..littlle..old...just..wanted..to..say...ive. ..practiced...parkour..for..now..
2..years...xD
and...btw...ur...definition..was...correct..xD
you jus succeded in giving me a massive headache from reading that.....

that stuff is INSANE. im pretty sure i would end up breaking alot more then actualy landing right. you can say goodbye to your knee joints in 5 years thou.

the heart and soul of my life