JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

05-31-2008, 04:09 AM

There is no "best" Martial Art.
It is an expression of the mind, body and soul.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

06-15-2008, 05:04 AM

"Martial arts are systems of codified practices and traditions of training for combat. While they maybe studied for various reasons, martial arts share a single objective: to defeat a person physically or to defend oneself from physical threat." thank you Wikipedia

Krav Maga And MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program) Soldiers use these to keep them alive during close combat "One Mind Any Weapon"
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
06-15-2008, 05:20 AM

Oorah!

Yep... Since my first post in this thread, my opinion has shifted a little. I now regard Krav Maga as being the singular best system of close-combat self-defense in the world currently. But truthfully, it's not the system: it's the training. I don't believe that any martial art is really superior to any other. It's all about the training.

What KM does different is make you fight fifteen people in a row for a mid-level student and then fight fifteen people at the same time for an advanced student. Other systems just don't do that. Well, the MCMAP does, I'm sure; likewise any military probably trains in this way. As far as consumer-end systems go, however, that kind of training is exceedingly rare.

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Kiyuge (Offline)
o(≧ω≦)o

Send a message via AIM to Kiyuge Send a message via MSN to Kiyuge Send a message via Yahoo to Kiyuge
06-15-2008, 05:38 AM

Well... Depends on the persons prefrances... For me I like Aikido, Juijitsu, and Kendo :3

Family:
Husband: Aota
Wife: Kiyuga
Master: Kiyuga, IonFortuna
Sisters: Nekozawa, HinataUchiha
Borhters: Sutiiven.
Silly Side-kick: Slykaz1
Secret Lover: SonozakiSotaro

I own:
Mitsu & Hachi- Dolly
Yasu - Acid Black Cherry
Furukawa - Nookicky
KAZ - Oblivian Dust

¬_¬
(#25 (permalink))
Old
kennooo (Offline)
New to JF

This is the best - 06-15-2008, 01:50 PM

This is the best martioal art EVER!

Russian Martial Art. The System.

if you doubt me I challenge anyone to go there and train.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
lulu (Offline)
You heard him... DO IT!

Location: Mako Reactor 0, locked in a coffin so I won't kill.
Send a message via MSN to lulu Send a message via Yahoo to lulu Send a message via Skype™ to lulu
06-15-2008, 02:02 PM

Every martial art is special. I've been practicing Hapkido for 2 years (it's Korean and I think similar to Aikido). Well, if I MUST choose then I choose Hapkido, Aikido, Kendo and Tae Kwon Do.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
RASSERU (Offline)
New to JF

06-15-2008, 02:04 PM

mine is definately kendo cuz i love swords and stuff
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Lucen (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Lucen
06-19-2008, 06:34 PM

Shotokan is my specialty style and the one I find to be most effective. I have studied it for 9 years so far and plan on continuing. Other styles I'm taking are Tae Kwon Do and Brazillian Jiu Jitsu.

But I agree with what has been said before. No Martial Art is "the best". It all depends on the fighter.

"Picollo, is it true your father spit you from an egg?"
"Yes."
"And you have green skin?"
"Yes, what about it?"
"...Does that mean you're a Yoshi?"
"OH GEEZ! YES, GOKU, I'M A BLOODY GREEN DINOSAUR!"
"...Can I ride you?"
(#29 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

06-19-2008, 07:37 PM

Agree, you can't really classified it as "best", you are esentially comparing apple to oranges.

Many factors come to play, your physical build, flexibility and all that will dictate how well you can stick to an art.

And correction to some of you. In Chinese, "Kung Fu" means "Ability", "Skills" etc, it bascially means "Martial Art". In general, the Chinese Art is distinguished in 2 major style - Sourthern and Northern.

Even if you practices something that was originated from Shaolin, you are still wrong by calling it "Shaolin Kung Fu", because there are different discipline, the 18 Buddah form, San Da, Iron Palm etc.

So make sure whoever is teaching you at least can tell you what style and its origin, I can't agree to someone who simply say "I teach Kung Fu" as authentic

Just as an FYI, because I grew up in a Chinese Art Family (My grand father taught Bah Qi, Southern Boxing, Choi Li Fut and Hung's Boxing), I figure I will correct the use of "Kung Fu"

Thanks
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
06-19-2008, 09:33 PM

Thanks, Godwine .

With that info, it seems like we in the West use "Kung fu" in much the same way the Japanese use "Kenpo", i.e. to refer to a martial art that is Chinese in origin, but not necessarily to a specific style.

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.