JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Sports (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-sports/)
-   -   i need some help with ninjutsu (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-sports/16384-i-need-some-help-ninjutsu.html)

Zetsumei 06-15-2008 03:50 AM

i need some help with ninjutsu

well i have been considering for a long time about going into ninjutsu. but i never put alot of thought in it. so if anyone can help me by send me links and info and stuff on it that would be awsome.

Ronin4hire 06-15-2008 04:17 AM

My advice?

Don't waste your time if you have fantasies of living out your favourite anime or video game.

Ninjutsu practitioners today are more preservers of a tradition rather than "shadow warriors" with extraordinary abilities.

Amnell 06-15-2008 04:26 AM

Most people I've talked to don't really the physical martial art "Ninjutsu". What is taught now in the traditional school is Taejutsu, which is the hand to hand chunk of what was Ninjutsu. It is taught through an organization called Bujinkan, and (iirc) their system is Budo Taejutsu.

If you choose to join this school, you should know that Taejutsu is NOT Ninjutsu. You won't learn how to be an assassin nor how to scale a fifty-foot wall with Ninja Tools. You WILL learn a lot of combative techniques that are harshly effective and amazingly devious. Some of the schools (here meaning "chunk of techniques") do teach techniques that stem from methods for assassination... but mostly so that you can learn how to defend against them.

If you're really interested, do a google search for Bujinkan Budo Taejutsu and do some reading.

Zetsumei 06-15-2008 04:28 AM

i know

i know but just the art and ability and movement and stuff that ninjas do has always facinated me. but thanks for your advice anyways. i much appreciat it

Amnell 06-15-2008 04:48 AM

Good luck!

Natsume 06-15-2008 09:11 PM

If the acrobatic aspect of Ninjutsu is what you're all hot about. Just do free running, Parkur, stiff like that. You don't seem like you want to learn the Martial Art. Don't waste your or the teachers time with pipe dreams.

But if you're interested in truly learning the Taejutsu Ninjutsu then go ahead. But like I said before, make sure it's what you want before signing up.

Jaydelart 06-15-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsumei (Post 514665)
i know but just the art and ability and movement and stuff that ninjas do has always facinated me. but thanks for your advice anyways. i much appreciat it

A lot of the stuff shown by "Ninjas" are theatrics and, most of the time, fantasy... Which happens a lot in the world of Martial Arts. However, there are many schools that claim to teach "Ninjutsu" (or various styles in relation to it) and that is for you to investigate.

This is going to offend quite a few people, but those that feel they need to criticize Ninjutsu in general, usually haven't learned enough of it to talk -- let alone, prove whether it is genuine or not.

That isn't to say that there aren't fakers out there, of course.

Martial Arts is very real.
Think seriously and try not to have unrealistic expectations. Good luck.

Zetsumei 06-16-2008 12:17 AM

thanks

hey thanks everyone for you advice its much aprecciated. again thanks people. XD