JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Zetsumei (Offline)
New to JF

i need some help with ninjutsu - 06-15-2008, 03:50 AM

well i have been considering for a long time about going into ninjutsu. but i never put alot of thought in it. so if anyone can help me by send me links and info and stuff on it that would be awsome.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-15-2008, 04:17 AM

My advice?

Don't waste your time if you have fantasies of living out your favourite anime or video game.

Ninjutsu practitioners today are more preservers of a tradition rather than "shadow warriors" with extraordinary abilities.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
06-15-2008, 04:26 AM

Most people I've talked to don't really the physical martial art "Ninjutsu". What is taught now in the traditional school is Taejutsu, which is the hand to hand chunk of what was Ninjutsu. It is taught through an organization called Bujinkan, and (iirc) their system is Budo Taejutsu.

If you choose to join this school, you should know that Taejutsu is NOT Ninjutsu. You won't learn how to be an assassin nor how to scale a fifty-foot wall with Ninja Tools. You WILL learn a lot of combative techniques that are harshly effective and amazingly devious. Some of the schools (here meaning "chunk of techniques") do teach techniques that stem from methods for assassination... but mostly so that you can learn how to defend against them.

If you're really interested, do a google search for Bujinkan Budo Taejutsu and do some reading.

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Zetsumei (Offline)
New to JF

i know - 06-15-2008, 04:28 AM

i know but just the art and ability and movement and stuff that ninjas do has always facinated me. but thanks for your advice anyways. i much appreciat it
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
06-15-2008, 04:48 AM

Good luck!

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Natsume (Offline)
Keeper of Chokuto-Reki

06-15-2008, 09:11 PM

If the acrobatic aspect of Ninjutsu is what you're all hot about. Just do free running, Parkur, stiff like that. You don't seem like you want to learn the Martial Art. Don't waste your or the teachers time with pipe dreams.

But if you're interested in truly learning the Taejutsu Ninjutsu then go ahead. But like I said before, make sure it's what you want before signing up.

"The way of the Tiger is one of Tenacity and Power, and from the Dragon we learn to ride the wind"

-A saying used in our Dojo
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

06-15-2008, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsumei View Post
i know but just the art and ability and movement and stuff that ninjas do has always facinated me. but thanks for your advice anyways. i much appreciat it
A lot of the stuff shown by "Ninjas" are theatrics and, most of the time, fantasy... Which happens a lot in the world of Martial Arts. However, there are many schools that claim to teach "Ninjutsu" (or various styles in relation to it) and that is for you to investigate.

This is going to offend quite a few people, but those that feel they need to criticize Ninjutsu in general, usually haven't learned enough of it to talk -- let alone, prove whether it is genuine or not.

That isn't to say that there aren't fakers out there, of course.

Martial Arts is very real.
Think seriously and try not to have unrealistic expectations. Good luck.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Zetsumei (Offline)
New to JF

thanks - 06-16-2008, 12:17 AM

hey thanks everyone for you advice its much aprecciated. again thanks people. XD