JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Boschman (Offline)
New to JF

Poker in Japan - 07-31-2008, 12:21 AM

i play at several sites cash and sng games and i seldom see players from japan, and when i see them, they play strictly according the pokertextbooks, very tight and predictable... lets say there is a UTG bet and a raise and when a japaneese player comes over the top, he has always AA and seldom less, not even KK.

are there any homegames to be found in japan? or big tournament television broadcasts?

is it legal to play internet poker in japan? i know many countries don't allow internet poker or have problems deciding how much income tax should be paid over the winnings. (humpff i don't get tax reduction if i am on a loosing streak )

and now for the fun part:
here is a nice example of a photoshop thread at TwoplusTwo.

the thread is called: If They Never Played Poker

have fun all...

B.

Last edited by Boschman : 07-31-2008 at 12:26 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-31-2008, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boschman View Post
i play at several sites cash and sng games and i seldom see players from japan, and when i see them, they play strictly according the pokertextbooks, very tight and predictable... lets say there is a UTG bet and a raise and when a japaneese player comes over the top, he has always AA and seldom less, not even KK.

are there any homegames to be found in japan? or big tournament television broadcasts?

is it legal to play internet poker in japan? i know many countries don't allow internet poker or have problems deciding how much income tax should be paid over the winnings. (humpff i don't get tax reduction if i am on a loosing streak )

and now for the fun part:
here is a nice example of a photoshop thread at TwoplusTwo.

B.
Pachinko, mah-jong, slots, are all games of patience in which you strike when you have a winning hand or luck comes at you. All are waiting games, not aggressive.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Boschman (Offline)
New to JF

07-31-2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
All are waiting games, not aggressive.
very japaneese eh?

for winning pokerplay you also have to be patient. i have a VPIP of 17%, wich means i only play 17% of my hands. i wait till i have good cards according to my position. suppose i have ATo in early position at a full ring table, at that spot i will fold preflop, but it is different when i have ATo in late position when i am still first in.
and yes, IF i play, i play aggressive. better to bet or raise then to be a callingstation.

also very important is your opponent's play. if he/she is very passive or very aggressive you can use his style in your advantage.
i sometimes compare it with Judo, use your opponents strenght to beat him.

so be patient and when you have the better hand, strike hard...hmm that looks very japaneese eh?

B.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-31-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boschman View Post
very japaneese eh?

for winning pokerplay you also have to be patient. i have a VPIP of 17%, wich means i only play 17% of my hands. i wait till i have good cards according to my position. suppose i have ATo in early position at a full ring table, at that spot i will fold preflop, but it is different when i have ATo in late position when i am still first in.
and yes, IF i play, i play aggressive. better to bet or raise then to be a callingstation.

also very important is your opponent's play. if he/she is very passive or very aggressive you can use his style in your advantage.
i sometimes compare it with Judo, use your opponents strenght to beat him.

so be patient and when you have the better hand, strike hard...hmm that looks very japaneese eh?

B.
There's no need to explain to me your technique. I hear it, and it is on.

You asked about Japanese player tech, and I gave you the answer.

areyou trying to sell something else?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Boschman (Offline)
New to JF

07-31-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
are you trying to sell something else?
nope not selling or buying...
just wanted to talk poker, i find it strange that in a country where there are a lot of -do's there is not something like a pokerdo.
a book as Go Rin No Sho is still used in businuss and corperate enterprises and i was wondering what the japanese attitute is towards poker... some secret ninja style of poker perhaps

B.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
kokekoko (Offline)
New to JF

08-10-2008, 02:30 AM

The only poker games I've been a part of in Japan involved a lot of non-Japanese people. I think there may be some interest in the game if it could get some exposure. Most people just don't know the basics of the game -- and I'm talking strength of hands kind of basic.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Boschman (Offline)
New to JF

09-01-2008, 04:31 PM

at the pokerbay i found 1 link to a Jpokershow. it is from a very small cabel network and i havent seen it yet. dl it at this moment...

MEGAUPLOAD

it a 5 handed table