(#11 (permalink))
Old
kouichisan (Offline)
おす!

01-03-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deutschland View Post
mazda sucks :0
do you even know anything about the rotary engines??? You might wanna look at this pal...
Mazda RX-7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Honda s2000 vs Mazda rx-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIalchemist View Post
Mazda and Mistubishi rock. Especially some of Mazda's older models.
I reckon... Honda, Mazda, Mitsubishi and Nissan are amongst the best manufacturers. I'm not a big fan of Imprezas or other 'super cars'.

I would Like to own an RX7 or Nissan Skyline GTR... maybe in a few years.

The 2nd and 3rd Gen RX7 are very cool, it has a 1.3/4 litre engine with turbocharger and produces around 200bhp, but I think I would prefer a R33 since they are in the same insurance group and cost marginally the same price. £5k is more than reasonable for a decent spec import R33.

My current Mazda is my first modification project, It's more trial and error. I intend to apply my knowledge to more powerful cars... for now I will use my mazda 323f as a guinea pig.

In a few months I will be giving up the Mazda and I will be buying an Honda Accord 2.2i VTEC Type R 2001/2002 model or a Honda Prelude 2.2 VTI 94 plate.

Cool video of the Prelude in action
YouTube - Accord Type-r vs Integra Type-r vs Prelude VTI

Last edited by kouichisan : 01-03-2009 at 10:06 PM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
1badrx7 (Offline)
New to JF

01-03-2009, 11:09 PM

I know somethings about the rotary engines. Also I bought the rotary engine off of ebay. I just would like to find out who owned the motor and if they could tell me if they did anything else to the motor that I don`t know about. And maybe they might have some pics of the car that the rotary motor came out of.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
FreddyLea (Offline)
JF Regular

01-03-2009, 11:28 PM

you would have better luck going through the ebay seller .. and get the VIN from the car the motor was pulled out of ... then hoping that you can find the former owner from the VIN .. and go from there ...
(#14 (permalink))
Old
kouichisan (Offline)
おす!

01-03-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badrx7 View Post
I know somethings about the rotary engines. Also I bought the rotary engine off of ebay. I just would like to find out who owned the motor and if they could tell me if they did anything else to the motor that I don`t know about. And maybe they might have some pics of the car that the rotary motor came out of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyLea View Post
you would have better luck going through the ebay seller .. and get the VIN from the car the motor was pulled out of ... then hoping that you can find the former owner from the VIN .. and go from there ...
I think I know which seller you bought it from. Was it Tigerjapanese?...

I was considering buying an imported Japanese Mazda 2.5i KLZE V6 Engine for my 323F. What they do is they source components from Japanese car owners and import the engines to the UK. Each engine is individually inspected, so as FreddyLea recommended it may be possible to track down the owner by contacting the seller, they would probably need to speak to their contact in Japan. But... I do not think you will be successful in locating the owner if the car was orginally scrapped etc.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
1badrx7 (Offline)
New to JF

01-04-2009, 02:24 AM

I got the motor from Nagano Japanese. I will try to get the Vin off the motor tomorrow and post it up. I would email this place to see if they know anything but I bought the motor in august so it has been to long to ask them any thing on the motor.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
kouichisan (Offline)
おす!

01-04-2009, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badrx7 View Post
I got the motor from Nagano Japanese. I will try to get the Vin off the motor tomorrow and post it up. I would email this place to see if they know anything but I bought the motor in august so it has been to long to ask them any thing on the motor.
Ok, try an organisation called Retainagroup. It has an international record of cars and their past owners. If your car was stolen and taken to another country, it could be easily tracked using the VIN. Police use this database to track vehicles. Check this website out when you have obtained your VIN. My car is also registered with this group.

The Retainagroup security system for Vehicle Owners : Protect your vehicle in 3 simple steps – marking, registration & verification.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Deutschland (Offline)
ドイツ

Send a message via ICQ to Deutschland
01-04-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouichisan View Post
do you even know anything about the rotary engines??? You might wanna look at this pal...
Mazda RX-7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ofc i know about wankel, i dont think its better than otto v-motor...

*̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴ Vorsprung durch Technik!