JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Tom (Offline)
New to JF

04-03-2007, 05:32 PM

I dont know any martial arts, wish i did, but im too old now i guess to learn any... i do know drunken boxing though.. practiced that many nights down the pub
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

04-03-2007, 09:15 PM

Your never too old to learn Tom. People grow every day. Even if you are elderly. That is part of life.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
04-04-2007, 03:00 AM

Lol, nice one, Tom! Drunken boxing... Lmao...

I'm currently trying to get into capoeira ^_^
It's basically an afro-Brazilian dance form that incorporates self-defense maneuvers, kinda looks like breakdancing One reason why I'm so interested in it It may not be the most effective, but it is certainly one of the most beautiful martial arts ever. A good example of a capoeira-ist would be Eddy from Tekken I've also posted a scene of capoeira art in my "Best fight scenes" thread somewhere at the bottom of the first page

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

Send a message via AIM to dragonrazor Send a message via MSN to dragonrazor Send a message via Yahoo to dragonrazor
04-04-2007, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
Lol, nice one, Tom! Drunken boxing... Lmao...

I'm currently trying to get into capoeira ^_^
It's basically an afro-Brazilian dance form that incorporates self-defense maneuvers, kinda looks like breakdancing One reason why I'm so interested in it It may not be the most effective, but it is certainly one of the most beautiful martial arts ever. A good example of a capoeira-ist would be Eddy from Tekken I've also posted a scene of capoeira art in my "Best fight scenes" thread somewhere at the bottom of the first page
i thought it started in rome << *goes back to play Eternal Champions to find out*

i myself prefer the ninja taijutsu...any style is fine, but i only know a little bit of what the person who taught me called Kouga (dunno if that's what it really was, since that's a very rare form)

Tai Chi is good to look at. the rest is all improv for me

"If we have to dance to the strings of an unseen force, that makes us no better than Zio" Chaz Ashley (not sure japanese name) Phantasy Star: End of the Millenium
(#45 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
04-04-2007, 03:21 AM

Yeah, ninja taijutsu is awesome... But sadly, I'm too tied up at the moment to take it up lol. There should still be N.T. schools teaching it... right? ^^ Maybe I oughta pay a visit to them.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

Send a message via MSN to kokunin Send a message via Yahoo to kokunin
04-04-2007, 03:34 AM

I'm getting into budo taijutsu, in a few days/weeks...I've been waiting for SOOO long, its finally in my grasp. I shall be disillusioned...
(#47 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

Send a message via AIM to dragonrazor Send a message via MSN to dragonrazor Send a message via Yahoo to dragonrazor
04-04-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
Yeah, ninja taijutsu is awesome... But sadly, I'm too tied up at the moment to take it up lol. There should still be N.T. schools teaching it... right? ^^ Maybe I oughta pay a visit to them.
i dunno if there are any in the US...i do know the girl's father is supposed to be the master of an academy in japan. i would love to visit, but most japanese academies don't like teaching foreigners x.x

"If we have to dance to the strings of an unseen force, that makes us no better than Zio" Chaz Ashley (not sure japanese name) Phantasy Star: End of the Millenium
(#48 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

04-04-2007, 06:52 PM

kouga, kouga...OOOO the grandmaster that died in 1976-78, somewhere in ther and is said to not have any new soke. Okay, now that I think about it, most of ninjutsu and genjustu (both were real, now are disillusioned) are no longer around. Budo taijutsu is about as close as its going to get. the equivilent in todays age is the marines reconassaince(sp?) man or the navey SEALS, who fight in the dark...and do everything a ninja did back then...o a degree, i know they don't run up walls and get to a ledge, or do flips (cuz' that's not gonna save you from a bullet). Man I've studied this thing FOR SO FREAKIN' LONG IT SCARES ME...

Last edited by kokunin : 04-04-2007 at 06:54 PM.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

04-04-2007, 06:54 PM

to a degree, i know they don't run up walls and get to a ledge, or do flips (cuz' that's not gonna save you from a bullet). Man I've studied this thing FOR SO FREAKIN' LONG IT SCARES ME...
(#50 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

04-04-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokunin View Post
kouga, kouga...OOOO the grandmaster that died in 1976-78, somewhere in ther and is said to not have any new soke. Okay, now that I think about it, most of ninjutsu and genjustu (both were real, now are disillusioned) are no longer around. Budo taijutsu is about as close as its going to get. the equivilent in todays age is the marines reconassaince(sp?) man or the navey SEALS, who fight in the dark...and do everything a ninja did back then...o a degree, i know they don't run up walls and get to a ledge, or do flips (cuz' that's not gonna save you from a bullet). Man I've studied this thing FOR SO FREAKIN' LONG IT SCARES ME...
well, i do know the general class of martial arts still exists, and is taught in japan...but i don't think that particular style is still around. it's an interesting style though, as it revolves around joint and nerve manipulation