LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

Send a message via MSN to kokunin Send a message via Yahoo to kokunin
aikijyujutsu - 04-04-2007, 11:29 PM

Does anyone know what aikijyujutsu is?

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."
-God

good night...
(#2 (permalink))
Old
QueenNanami (Offline)
I'll go with that!

Send a message via AIM to QueenNanami Send a message via MSN to QueenNanami
me i have no idea but.... - 04-05-2007, 12:00 AM

copyed and pasted from the dictionary heh

Daitō-ryū aiki-jūjutsu (大東流合気柔術), originally called Daito-ryū jujutsu (大東流柔術), is a Japanese martial art that first became widely known in the early 20th century under the headmastership of Sokaku Takeda (武田 惣角 Takeda Sōkaku). Takeda had extensive training in several martial arts (including Kashima Shinden Jikishinkage-ryu and sumo) and referred to the style he taught as Daito-ryū. Although the ryū's traditions claim to extend back centuries in Japanese history there are no known extant records regarding the ryū before Sokaku Takeda. Whether he is regarded as the restorer or founder of the art, the known history of Daito-ryū begins with Sokaku Takeda. Perhaps the most famous student of Sokaku Takeda was Morihei Ueshiba (植芝 盛平 Ueshiba Morihei), founder of aikido.
Sokaku Takeda's third son, Tokimune Takeda, became the headmaster of the art following the death of Sokaku Takeda in 1943. Tokimune Takeda taught what he called Daito Ryu Aikibudo, an art that included the sword techniques of the Ono-ha Itto-ryu along with the traditional techniques of Daito-ryū aiki-jujutsu. It was also under Tokimune Takeda's headmastership that modern dan rankings were first created and awarded to students. Tokimune Takeda died in 1993 leaving no official successor, but a few of his high ranking students such as Katsuyuki Kondo and Shigemitsu Kato now head their own Daito-ryū aiki-jujutsu organizations.

Aikijujutsu - Information from Reference.com

"The ignorant are mere stepping stones on the path to enlightenment."

"People can always have a judgment about anything you do. So it doesn't bother me. Everything can be strange to someone." - Michael Jackson
(#3 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

04-05-2007, 03:31 AM

thanks, for the info.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."
-God

good night...
(#4 (permalink))
Old
nanajung (Offline)
New to JF

04-12-2007, 10:58 PM

Oh aikijyujutsu interested, cool idea in this.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
khastalphos (Offline)
New to JF

05-02-2007, 08:23 PM

Wow, my first time here and I'm very happy to see a post about the primary martial art I've done for 8+ years. Granted, I live in the U.S. and train under all American instructors who have added their own personal beliefs/touches to it...but I digress.
I personally think of aikijyujutsu as the "street" application of aikido, so less way/form and more practical defensive use. In it you'll find a lot of techniques aimed at redirecting an opponent's energy so that you may control it (and, the situation) instead of them. Hence, throws and joint locks are used liberally, but you'll also see striking techniques, most of which are aimed at close-range encounters (so, no flying tornado kicks to the back of the head of the guy across the room).
It's hard for me to go into much more without blahing and blahing forever about all sorts of random stuff, but you're welcome to ask any more questions or share your own opinions, especially if you come across anything that contradicts me I'm here to learn, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokunin View Post
Does anyone know what aikijyujutsu is?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

05-03-2007, 03:13 AM

NO!!!! PLEASE KEEP GOING, I can't find a dojo near my house. I live in michigan. Not many martial arts here, more than the dakotas, but less than oklahoma.

-God

good night...