JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

Send a message via MSN to kokunin Send a message via Yahoo to kokunin
04-11-2007, 03:16 PM

its flippin' huge, taller than his body...

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."
-God

good night...
(#62 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

Send a message via AIM to dragonrazor Send a message via MSN to dragonrazor Send a message via Yahoo to dragonrazor
04-11-2007, 03:48 PM

that's a variant on the Jin Tachi used by the old Emperor's Guard...the longer handle allows for better grip and control

"If we have to dance to the strings of an unseen force, that makes us no better than Zio" Chaz Ashley (not sure japanese name) Phantasy Star: End of the Millenium
(#63 (permalink))
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
04-11-2007, 05:04 PM

Vesp-sama was here! Wow! Nice to know you're still around vesp! *Rushes to edit dedications in first post*... so did you mean that you carry a samurai sword or an actual samurai in your backpack :lol:

@OL-chan - Of course I'll get you one! I'll get you two in fact!

@New-Katana - If you don't paste pics then you dont have 'em ..just kidding... I'd love to see how your swords look, post some pics (or links if the pics are bigger than the page) here.

@DR - That reminds me... I wanted to make a special post about..erm.. I'll keep that a surprise. Any chance that you might get some pics from..i don't know e-bay or something of Odachi's?

@koku-kun - Pics! Me want pics!

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?
(#64 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

Send a message via AIM to dragonrazor Send a message via MSN to dragonrazor Send a message via Yahoo to dragonrazor
04-11-2007, 05:56 PM

hmm....you might have to message me with what an odachi is, because i'm drawing a blank

never mind, i think i know what you're talking about....i'll post some good pics of one, i just hope i'm right

"If we have to dance to the strings of an unseen force, that makes us no better than Zio" Chaz Ashley (not sure japanese name) Phantasy Star: End of the Millenium

Last edited by dragonrazor : 04-11-2007 at 05:59 PM.
(#65 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

04-11-2007, 06:01 PM

i think this is what you wanted...a pole sword

(#66 (permalink))
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
04-11-2007, 06:04 PM

HOLY COWWWWWWW! ! That has got to be the best pic (pick ) on this thread so far!

Why don't you elaborate on them too DR! It would go so well! stuff like, why are they long? Any specific advantages/disadvantages in fighting with them... like I can see that Iaijutsu (and of course battoujutsu) is going to be really awkward with these

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?
(#67 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

04-11-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonrazor View Post

i think this is what you wanted...a pole sword
pole blade sounds more like a variation on a naginata. the orinals were blade (with hilt) put in poles and then SLICE and DICE TIME!!!!

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."
-God

good night...
(#68 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

04-11-2007, 06:11 PM

its a rather short blade for the length of the handle...I mean you could flew, PUT SOME CARBON IN THAT STEEL!!! COMONE PUT YOUR BACK INTO IT!!! :BLOWS OUT BACK!!!: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!" :roles around to get to destinations from now:

-God

good night...
(#69 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

04-11-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoshiShinomori View Post
HOLY COWWWWWWW! ! That has got to be the best pic (pick ) on this thread so far!

Why don't you elaborate on them too DR! It would go so well! stuff like, why are they long? Any specific advantages/disadvantages in fighting with them... like I can see that Iaijutsu (and of course battoujutsu) is going to be really awkward with these
um, well, what i know is taken from Xenosaga 3, so please bear with me...essentially, a pole sword is a massive twohanded sword. It can't be wielded with one hand because of the length of the hilt. the hilt is made for gripping power. essentially the longer handle means a more powerful slash. interestingly enough, Jin Uzuki, from Xenosaga 3, can use both twin katanas AND a pole sword on his ES unit (a giant robot with enhanced capabilities). the pole sword deals heavy damage, but it's basically a oneswing weapon. it takes a lot of effort to reverse the stroke and switch directions. but it's good if you want to cut through a defending person << >> it would almost certainly cleave through any kind of armor or shield...probably even behead a person who is trying to cover their head with their arms (consequently taking off the arms in the process)

(#70 (permalink))
Old
dragonrazor (Offline)
that guy in your dreams

04-11-2007, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokunin View Post
its a rather short blade for the length of the handle...I mean you could flew, PUT SOME CARBON IN THAT STEEL!!! COMONE PUT YOUR BACK INTO IT!!! :BLOWS OUT BACK!!!: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!" :roles around to get to destinations from now:
agreed....the pole sword used in Xenosaga 3 has a blade that would be at least three times longer than that in relation to the user