JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kuronekitochan (Offline)
Obbsesser of Japan

Send a message via AIM to kuronekitochan Send a message via MSN to kuronekitochan
Squaresoft vs Squarenix - 12-02-2007, 06:51 AM

Which do you prefer, the pre squareenix games or the post, like FFX, FFXII, FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus?

Or FFIII, FFVI, FFVIII, Chrono trigger and such?

I Kinda want to see what others think, otherwise I'm just off my rocker and refuse to change my game style with the times.

I want to be a strong one....
Raise Myself Up
And Breathe the Air of a Higher Place.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-02-2007, 10:16 AM

Their merging was very much due to financial and economic reasons. When Hironobu Sakaguchi left Squaresoft, he took with him lots of $$ and so those two merged. They're basically not getting too involved with each other's trademark games. For instance, the DQ games are still made primarily by the Enix folks, while the FF games are the responsibilities of the Square folks.

I mean, they're probably involved with each other, but they don't have the same Designer, Director, Producer, etc... those core jobs that make up the concept of the game are still seperated between Square and Enix. So in reality, Square-Enix games that spell Final Fantasy is more or less Squaresoft, minus Hironobu Sakaguchi, who himself was very satisfied with FFIX (as am I).

But, to answer your question, I don't think there's too much of a difference. I love Final Fantasy IX and Crystal Chronicles, and I love Final Fantasy XII. Personally though, I think SE is failing because all I see from them are DQ and FF and KH games. I'm pretty sure they could develop a wonderful game that isn't an RPG or something.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
12-02-2007, 05:47 PM

another reason they merged was because of the flop, known as Final Fantasy Spirits Within...
I personally liked it, but not many other people did..
When you consider that FFVII was made by Squaresoft, I like them..
But looking ahead toward FFXIII (Vs XIII) I think I'll wait until I make my judgement

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

12-02-2007, 06:08 PM

I always thought they just merged with another company and slightly changed their name. I don't really know...

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Genkaku (Offline)
JF Regular

12-03-2007, 12:00 AM

Bleh Square and Square Enix.

Give me Enix!

Ken.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MaymeRachael (Offline)
War Sucks, Let's Party!

Send a message via Yahoo to MaymeRachael
12-03-2007, 12:16 AM

Damn it I just like the Final Fantasy series, I could care less who made them ^_~

Muffin Club Founder & President l Miyavi Stalking Society l Jello Club
Matoi from Phantasmagoria l Sharing Satoshi from Girugamesh w/Miyavifan
MEMBER OF THE FINAL FANTASY CLAN CODENAME:AERIS
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Nanajuu (Offline)
Now with 20% more fiber!

12-03-2007, 12:45 AM

In the Resturant I work in, there were a bunch of Japanese people who came in who worked for Square Enix. 3 of them said they made the Final Fantasy toys....

Learning Japanese one flash card at a time!

Mother: Yuri
Siblings: animedude3, QuoyaNatsume
(#8 (permalink))
Old
animelover32 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to animelover32
12-03-2007, 01:02 AM

I like both, it doesn't matter to me. Both Soft and Enix are amazing when it comes to game making. As long as it's a Final Fantasy game I'll play it.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Ryuuzaki (Offline)
Space Phantom Ninja

Send a message via AIM to Ryuuzaki Send a message via MSN to Ryuuzaki Send a message via Yahoo to Ryuuzaki
12-03-2007, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanajuu View Post
In the Resturant I work in, there were a bunch of Japanese people who came in who worked for Square Enix. 3 of them said they made the Final Fantasy toys....
If it's true, I envy you. I would do ANYTHING to speak with or even just meet someone working in such a Video Game business.

Well, Mind you, I'm only a couple hours from EA, but I don't like them that much. I'd rather meet someone from Sega, Square, or Nintendo.

Sorry, My Death Note phase ended long ago.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
avalon247 (Offline)
New to JF

12-26-2007, 04:47 AM

" You mean which one is more collectable as well as Popular? well I would have to say both. For Me, I grew up on Final fantasy 7, 8 (which is my most favorite), 9, chrono cross and Xenogears, in which we all should know, rarest game ever!!!...As for Square Enix, change is good. I liked Final Fantasy 10 & 10-2, But with both Kingdom hearts 1 & 2, as do Dirge of Cerberus, It only brought up more, and more interest.