JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Oni (Offline)
<3

Send a message via AIM to Oni Send a message via Yahoo to Oni
04-17-2008, 12:39 AM

I've played all of them except 4 (don't have a ps3) and I have to say that DMC2 sucked ass. Majorly. DMC3 shows Dante's more cocky side though, which makes it my favorite

A Sonozaki at her finest (links may be spoilers):

http://higurashiualuealuealeuale.ytmnd.com/
http://higurashicowbell.ytmnd.com/

Aishite mo ii kai?
(#52 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
04-17-2008, 01:06 AM

Okay. I'm not sure if anyone straightened this out, buuuuuuut. the reason why he, meaning Dante, no longer has his sarcastic one-liners, is because he's way too mature for them. He's merely focusing on ridding the world of demons and chaos in the world he lives in.

I feel like I'm stating the obvious. If I am, e-slap me.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
animelover32 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to animelover32
04-17-2008, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aota View Post
Okay. I'm not sure if anyone straightened this out, buuuuuuut. the reason why he, meaning Dante, no longer has his sarcastic one-liners, is because he's way too mature for them. He's merely focusing on ridding the world of demons and chaos in the world he lives in.

I feel like I'm stating the obvious. If I am, e-slap me.
That is the reason for his dmc2 attuidude I know. But he still had the cocky side that everyone knows and loves. I think if Capcom wants to turn Dante into a more serious guy to gradually show us, not us go from "Here's a cocky, guy who loves one liners!" to *emo Dante*. They also need to keep the dmc 3/4 VA, him or the guy from the first one. I couldn't stand the VA for dmc2.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
04-17-2008, 01:35 AM

VA?

I think the Nevan and Cerberus were the best weapons for 3. I played one or two missions on 2, and dropped it. I'd like to play it just so I can say, to myself if I have to, that I've beaten almost all of the DMC games.

I think one of my favorite boss fights has to be the one with Mundus, where you're flying through the darkness. Mostly because of Sparda's devil trigger move.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
animelover32 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-17-2008, 02:02 AM

VA=Voice Actor.

I liked the Angi & Ruda, Mundus, and Cerberus fights the best. They also made me laugh. I always need a good laugh. I think the funniest scene would probaly have to be Angi & Ruda scenes.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-17-2008, 06:32 AM

Why does everyone try to make up theories about Dante's personality? It's very simple.

Hideki Kamiya, when he created Dante, he had a vision about his personality, inspired by certain things. The creators of Dante from DMC2 interpreted him wrong, maybe they were lazy, w/e. The reasons aren't story related. People who say that DMC3 Dante can act the way he does because he's young are wrong. Hideaki Itsuno's vision of cool is this really over-the-top thing that the last two DMC games have. Because Nero has it,and so does Dante. It doesn't matter whether or not you like DMC3 Dante or DMC4 Dante, they're still very out of character when compared to the original Dante.

Two different creators, two different games, and different styles.
(#57 (permalink))
Old
Nemhy (Offline)
Dungeon Crawler

Send a message via AIM to Nemhy Send a message via MSN to Nemhy
04-22-2008, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
Why does everyone try to make up theories about Dante's personality? It's very simple.

Hideki Kamiya, when he created Dante, he had a vision about his personality, inspired by certain things. The creators of Dante from DMC2 interpreted him wrong, maybe they were lazy, w/e. The reasons aren't story related. People who say that DMC3 Dante can act the way he does because he's young are wrong. Hideaki Itsuno's vision of cool is this really over-the-top thing that the last two DMC games have. Because Nero has it,and so does Dante. It doesn't matter whether or not you like DMC3 Dante or DMC4 Dante, they're still very out of character when compared to the original Dante.

Two different creators, two different games, and different styles.
Games are still good tho none the less. Nero is my fav char by FAR. I think he looks cooler plus the "Go blow yourself!" line to Sanctus made me laugh out loud. Which is rare these days =/

PSN: Nemhy
(#58 (permalink))
Old
animelover32 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-22-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemhy View Post
Games are still good tho none the less. Nero is my fav char by FAR. I think he looks cooler plus the "Go blow yourself!" line to Sanctus made me laugh out loud. Which is rare these days =/
I loved that line. I also loved this one...
Dante: "Hey, you better not die before you give me my sword back. I'll be pretty pissed if you don't."
Nero: "Then come get it." *flips Dante off*
Dante: "What a punk."

My favorite character has to be Dante and it will always be him. What does everyone think of Nero's origin? Is he another son of Sparda, a son of Dante, a son of Vergil, a long lost relative, or was he experimented on and he's now half demon? I don't think I would be surprised with any of those. But I'm going with he's either the son or Dante or Vergil. I'm pushing more towards Vergil since Nero's WAAAAY more calmer than Dante. But if he is Dante's whoever Dante got pregnant (hopefully Lady...*shutters at thought of Dante sleeping with Trish*) Nero could've gotten it from her.
(#59 (permalink))
Old
SheBuildsQuickMachines (Offline)
JF Regular

07-19-2008, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animelover32 View Post
I loved that line. I also loved this one...
Dante: "Hey, you better not die before you give me my sword back. I'll be pretty pissed if you don't."
Nero: "Then come get it." *flips Dante off*
Dante: "What a punk."

My favorite character has to be Dante and it will always be him. What does everyone think of Nero's origin? Is he another son of Sparda, a son of Dante, a son of Vergil, a long lost relative, or was he experimented on and he's now half demon? I don't think I would be surprised with any of those. But I'm going with he's either the son or Dante or Vergil. I'm pushing more towards Vergil since Nero's WAAAAY more calmer than Dante. But if he is Dante's whoever Dante got pregnant (hopefully Lady...*shutters at thought of Dante sleeping with Trish*) Nero could've gotten it from her.

tehe! that was awesome.

my thought was that he was born like that. because i think i recall Nero saying "God, i don't know why you gave me this (Devil Bringer)" and how the leaders were some sort of demon so that's a possibility.
and i personally wouldn't think Vergil could ever reproduce naturally. Dante on the other hand....so that's a possiblity.

heeeeeey, if Dante and Trish had a kid....what the hell would that be like? i would hate to do those diaper changes haha
(#60 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

07-19-2008, 06:58 AM

GAAHHH! DMC pisses me off. I can play EVERY video game fine, but DMC. I can't get past the first through fourth level in any of them. I just can't do it. It's too hard for me. I can go off and play my little games in which you have the hardest puzzles to solve or bosses to kill, but I don't have the capability to play DMC.

I want to play it soooo badly, but I suck ass. I bought this set which has three of them and I don't have DMC4. This is a game I want to play, but can't do.

*goes back to playing turn-based games and CoD4*

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780