JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Video Games & Toys (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/)
-   -   Devil May Cry (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/12347-devil-may-cry.html)

animelover32 02-07-2008 11:09 PM

Devil May Cry

I know there's threads for the DMC anime and DMC4 but what about the game that that started it all DMC? And what about DMC2 and 3. Well that's what this thread is for. Come here to talk about the hardest part, your favorite parts, favorite characteres, whatever. Also feel free to ask for help and talk about the anime and 4.

Faggotry 02-09-2008 11:41 PM

The anime sucked But these games were great. They were like Resident evil but faster paced and more supernatural.
this thread deserves more replies.

animelover32 02-16-2008 02:21 AM

Before this thread completely dies, if your opinion which were the best DMC's to the worst (only place ones you've played-like for example I haven't played 4 yet so I won't put it on mine).

1-Devil May Cry 3
2-Devil May Cry 1
3-Devil May Cry 2 (I heard it sucked but from what I've played so far everyone who told me it was bad was right, but who knows I just started it, hopeflly it'll get better...)

Kanji_The_Wanderer 02-18-2008 04:43 AM

Hell yeah! DMC rocks! ^___^

My order of favorites is:

DMC 4, 3, 1, and then 2. It is a pity that the second game in the series was a bad experience for me. I didn't like the look or feel of the game, and Dante seemed simple and one track.

If Part2, was a continuation of 1, it should be taking place before part 4, I would imagine. One of the only reasons I can imagine that the two are not linked, is because DMC2 was so poor, compared to the prequels.

miyavikuun 02-18-2008 04:47 AM

i love dmc my favorite one is the 3rd one haha cause that is the only one that i played all the way through but still it was a great experience but i havent seen the anime yet and frankly i dont really want to it is going to be based off of dmc it isnt going to be the game and it wont have the story line but i so want to play DMC4 but i cant cause me dont have the systems for it but man everywhere i look there it is!!!

EveV 02-18-2008 04:47 AM

Awesome game.
I want a pet Dante.

Tyrien 02-18-2008 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EveV (Post 402651)
Awesome game.
I want a pet Dante.

Since when the hell?

I never really got into the first one at all. I played the second one, still have it actually. It's... well let's call it the black sheep of the series. 3 was very well done.

Vergil is my favourite on 3.

miyavikuun 02-18-2008 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EveV (Post 402651)
Awesome game.
I want a pet Dante.

god who doesnt he seems fun he just needs a hug

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrien (Post 402672)
Since when the hell?

I never really got into the first one at all. I played the second one, still have it actually. It's... well let's call it the black sheep of the series. 3 was very well done.

Vergil is my favourite on 3.

virgil is cool but i still like dante in 3 he has such a care free attitude when it is time to fight he gets serious but he still has the care free attitude

Tyrien 02-18-2008 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miyavikuun (Post 402673)

virgil is cool but i still like dante in 3 he has such a care free attitude when it is time to fight he gets serious but he still has the care free attitude

Well I meant game play wise. Vergil doesn't really get an attitude in depth as Dante does in 3. He's just an extra character, with no unique cut scenes to him to help build the character.

miyavikuun 02-18-2008 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrien (Post 402674)
Well I meant game play wise. Vergil doesn't really get an attitude in depth as Dante does in 3. He's just an extra character, with no unique cut scenes to him to help build the character.

yeah but i dont like his weapons that much besides the one that is similar to dantes for me his original sword is not the best choice it does the same thing pretty much it has its pors but also its cons

Tyrien 02-18-2008 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miyavikuun (Post 402676)
yeah but i dont like his weapons that much besides the one that is similar to dantes for me his original sword is not the best choice it does the same thing pretty much it has its pors but also its cons

I liked his style because it had a lot of mobility to it. It was like trickster but better.

Then again I'm also a fan of speed when it comes to games like this. I always found Dante being slower than virgil. Especially when it came to using the Beowolf.

Virgil was nice too because you could spam his summon swords whenever you wanted. You didn't have to stop to shoot them.

miyavikuun 02-18-2008 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrien (Post 402678)
I liked his style because it had a lot of mobility to it. It was like trickster but better.

Then again I'm also a fan of speed when it comes to games like this. I always found Dante being slower than virgil. Especially when it came to using the Beowolf.

Virgil was nice too because you could spam his summon swords whenever you wanted. You didn't have to stop to shoot them.

uhhh.. yeah you totally lost me but too bad for me but from what i understand i think that beowolf is an ok weapon but it isnt for me i always use agni and rudra and also rebellion and thats all for me i know how to weild them pretty good

Tyrien 02-18-2008 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miyavikuun (Post 402679)
uhhh.. yeah you totally lost me but too bad for me but from what i understand i think that beowolf is an ok weapon but it isnt for me i always use agni and rudra and also rebellion and thats all for me i know how to weild them pretty good

Ah. I almost forgot you can only have two weapons equipped at once with Dante. Virgil can just switch between all 3.

Been a while since I've played DMC3, been way into 4 as of late. I'd have to pick Dante over Nero, but both are great to play with. Just started playing Dante Must Die mode.

One thing I do miss from DMC2 is the way you can use the... I'll just call it a "desperation" Devil Trigger when your health is in red. Turns you into total god mode. *shrugs* I guess Capcom just replaced that with "super <character>" where you get unlimited DT gauge.

CrazyLee 02-18-2008 07:58 AM

DMC 3 = Awesome. Followed by 1 then 2. Haven't got 4 yet...but I'll need a PS3 for that...

miyavikuun 02-18-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrien (Post 402684)
Ah. I almost forgot you can only have two weapons equipped at once with Dante. Virgil can just switch between all 3.

Been a while since I've played DMC3, been way into 4 as of late. I'd have to pick Dante over Nero, but both are great to play with. Just started playing Dante Must Die mode.

One thing I do miss from DMC2 is the way you can use the... I'll just call it a "desperation" Devil Trigger when your health is in red. Turns you into total god mode. *shrugs* I guess Capcom just replaced that with "super <character>" where you get unlimited DT gauge.

yeah it kinda sucks that you can only have two weapons equiped at a time but yeah vergil can switch from all three which is good but kinda troublesom when you are switching from them at a fast pase anyou start attacking with that wrong weapon or the weapon that you didnt want to use but lucky i so want to play DMC4

Tyrien 02-18-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miyavikuun (Post 402927)
yeah it kinda sucks that you can only have two weapons equiped at a time but yeah vergil can switch from all three which is good but kinda troublesom when you are switching from them at a fast pase anyou start attacking with that wrong weapon or the weapon that you didnt want to use but lucky i so want to play DMC4

Yea. When using Virgil I got into a habit of switching in either "beats" of one or two based off the weapon I had in hand.

DMC4 is great though. Don't know why buy it's the only game I preordered and the only game I bought the collectors edition to.

miyavikuun 02-18-2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrien (Post 402984)
Yea. When using Virgil I got into a habit of switching in either "beats" of one or two based off the weapon I had in hand.

DMC4 is great though. Don't know why buy it's the only game I preordered and the only game I bought the collectors edition to.

didnt it come with a dvd of the anime haha if that came with it im like f*** you im playing this ill watch you when my eyes start to bleed

animelover32 02-18-2008 04:15 PM

DMC2 defiently disappionted me, Dante doesn't have his cockyness and one-liners that everyone seems to like-*likes them* Vergil is also a pretty cool character even though he want to make everything 'demonville'. And anyone who's played 4 or hasn't played 4, what does everyone thing of Nero? So far I don't mind Nero but my favorite character will always probaly be Dante. I know I'm going to freak when I play 4 since I found out you have to fight Dante twice. I'm sorry Dante!

Tyrien 02-18-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by animelover32 (Post 402996)
DMC2 defiently disappionted me, Dante doesn't have his cockyness and one-liners that everyone seems to like-*likes them* Vergil is also a pretty cool character even though he want to make everything 'demonville'. And anyone who's played 4 or hasn't played 4, what does everyone thing of Nero? So far I don't mind Nero but my favorite character will always probaly be Dante. I know I'm going to freak when I play 4 since I found out you have to fight Dante twice. I'm sorry Dante!

Fighting Dante the second time is a total bitch. It's harder than the final boss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by miyavikuun (Post 402993)
didnt it come with a dvd of the anime haha if that came with it im like f*** you im playing this ill watch you when my eyes start to bleed

Yea. It came with the first four episodes of the anime and release dates for the DVD copy of volume 2 and 3. There was also a DVD that had bonus content. Songs from the sound track for example.

I haven't watched the anime yet.

koaku 02-18-2008 05:38 PM

Actually im watching DMC the anime..lol btw the next DMC look awesome..

animelover32 02-18-2008 05:53 PM

I just finshed watching the anime. It's not too bad, but the little girl (Patty) is pretty damn annoying. She's ususally on Dante's case about him never cleaning up after he eats. It's also a pretty funny anime, with Dante's cockyness and stuff in it. Trish and Lady also make apperances in it as well (Lady shows up more than Trish though).

koaku 02-18-2008 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by animelover32 (Post 403107)
I just finshed watching the anime. It's not too bad, but the little girl (Patty) is pretty damn annoying. She's ususally on Dante's case about him never cleaning up after he eats. It's also a pretty funny anime, with Dante's cockyness and stuff in it. Trish and Lady also make apperances in it as well (Lady shows up more than Trish though).

Yeah! patty is so annoying!lol Its not the best anime ever but it still great..and I very like the Lady chara..)

animelover32 02-18-2008 08:24 PM

I'm acually glad Lady appears more, sice I like her more than Trish. I also plan to cosplay as Lady this May.

koaku 02-18-2008 08:40 PM

Cosplay the Lady???lol cant wait to see the pics!LOL

animelover32 02-18-2008 11:12 PM

Yep, I deicded to wait till last minute I guess you could say to figure out who to go as and my hair is the same length as her's and her costume isn't all that hard. The only thing I won't be able to pull off it her bazooka gun since, one I don't know where to get something like that and two the convention I'm going to won't allow any weapons that tall. And I'll eventally try to get pictures up.

Kanji_The_Wanderer 02-27-2008 07:44 PM

So anyone other then me beat DMC4 yet?

If you have, don't give any spoilers, since that is neither cool nor fair. So just state your opinion of the game. Your synopsis. :D

koaku 02-27-2008 08:37 PM

Just bought the XBOX360 version...but didn't try yet...lol

Rikku777 02-27-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koaku (Post 413218)
Just bought the XBOX360 version...but didn't try yet...lol

DMC4 is not meant to be played on 360...T_T *cries a little*:o

*grins* I beat it L:D Well....I saw what happens. Technically I am on the last level^^
Synopsis: Dante is the sex.

animelover32: thats so cool, I think I'm going to cosplay her too, in March! Can't wait to see pics^^

koaku 02-27-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikku777 (Post 413284)

*grins* I beat it L:D Well....I saw what happens. Technically I am on the last level^^

animelover32: thats so cool, I think I'm going to cosplay her too, in March! Can't wait to see pics^^

LOL IT IS didnt saw the PS3 version but the X360 its just :eek: awesome lol

Tyrien 02-28-2008 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koaku (Post 413316)
LOL IT IS didnt saw the PS3 version but the X360 its just :eek: awesome lol

Great game. I'd rather the PS3 version though because of the reduced load times. It also supports better sound if you have a surround sound system hooked up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer (Post 413189)
So anyone other then me beat DMC4 yet?

If you have, don't give any spoilers, since that is neither cool nor fair. So just state your opinion of the game. Your synopsis. :D

It's a great game. That's about the most I can say without spoiling anything. Beaten it 3 times now >>; About halfway through on the hardest difficulty.

DivineBled 02-28-2008 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miyavikuun (Post 402673)

yes Dante was really cool in DMC 3, and that one is also my favourite. My other favourite is DMC. I have all 3 DMC's, and I plan on purchasing the 4th. By the way, did you all know that there will be a Devil May Cry movie?

The guy who did Dante's voice in DMC 3, will be portraying him in the film.

Kanji_The_Wanderer 02-28-2008 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrien (Post 413416)
It's a great game. That's about the most I can say without spoiling anything. Beaten it 3 times now >>; About halfway through on the hardest difficulty.

Three times now? Geez. I wish I could do that. I played my friend's so I only played it through one time. Hehe:cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikku777 (Post 413284)

Yeah. I agree. I'm a hardcore PS fan too. Always have been. Always will be. ^_^

So you spoiled it for yourself by watching someone else? baka ne! *boinks head* :P

You're cosplaying Lady?! :eek: *dies*

koaku 02-28-2008 06:33 PM

I was playing DMC4 today and honestly this game is awesome the first level crack me up!lol

animelover32 02-29-2008 05:08 PM

I can't wait for the movie! I'm just hoping it doesn't suck like most video game movies. But if the VA from 3 and 4 is portarying him hopefully it'll be good. My biggest fear is that they'll screw up Dante, and ruin his hotness.... I personally think all video game movies should be made Advent Children was. But probaly if they were all done that way we would never see the movies since it would take so long from them to finsh.

Faggotry 03-01-2008 12:14 AM

[Spoiler] I like it how Nero dies and all [/spoiler]

animelover32 03-01-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faggotry (Post 415155)
[Spoiler] I like it how Nero dies and all [/spoiler]

Um...I've seen the ending and Nero doesn't die...

animelover32 04-05-2008 08:56 PM

It died again! What is everyone's thoughts on the live action Dmc movie? Do you think it'll be good or a total flop? I'm REALLY hoping it'll be good, after all they got Dante's VA (the one from 3 or 4) to play him. I'm still hoping it magiclly becomes a CG movie though. *tries to keep thread alive*

Hiroki 04-05-2008 09:04 PM

Vergil is cool !

SHELKE17 04-06-2008 02:26 AM

D.M.C is pretty good I forget which game I played I think 2............anyway the only thing about it is that they made Dante to much like Vincent Valentine from Final fantasy Dirge of cerberus you would really see what I mean if you play D.O.C

animelover32 04-06-2008 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SHELKE17 (Post 450005)
D.M.C is pretty good I forget which game I played I think 2............anyway the only thing about it is that they made Dante to much like Vincent Valentine from Final fantasy Dirge of cerberus you would really see what I mean if you play D.O.C

I've played DoC and if your comparing Dmc 2 Dante and Vincent, the fact that they're both quiet is true. But that's the only simalirity. And it would be Enix made Vincent too much like Dante, since Dmc 2 came out before DoC. Otherwise those two are NOTHING alike, if you play 1, 3, or 4, you'll see Dante's real side. He's extremly cocky, perverted, and loves one-liners. Most fans (and even some of the creators) are saying 2 never happened since it was so bad and because Dante changed so dramaticlly.

And as for Vergil-Yes, he is very kick ass. Even though I would love to see him in another Dmc, I doubt that'll happen since Mundus killed him...:crykitty: