JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-23-2008, 01:10 PM

Metal Gear Solid was a pure genius game. When the original came out for PS1 I had never seen anything like it before, the art style and animation was totally unique. The characters and voices were very well done, and did use a lot of unique gaming elements in it's design.

I still have my copy somewhere.

Metal Gear Solid 2 was just as equally amazing, though I wish they kept the same character art style from the first game and just made it more refined.

I never had the chance to play Part 3, I know it is about Big Boss, in the 60's or something like that.

Part 4 is going to be an amazing hit. ^^
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Asakura (Offline)
Training like Ryu.......

05-23-2008, 01:26 PM

I love the MGS games. My favorate had to be either Sons of Liberty or Snake Eater.

My favorate character has to be Otacon. He's really out there and does his best to help Snake but I've gotta say, it's dangerous to be close to him and be a woman. They all end up dying. Espacially Emma that has to be the saddest thing ever......

Ubi concordia, ibi victoria
(#13 (permalink))
Old
SolidRaven (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to SolidRaven
06-03-2008, 08:44 PM

I have all of the metal gear games from the NES version to the GBA also PSP PS1 PS2 and Gamecube Metal gear games. I even played the beta and i do have to say that Kojima is a genius and i enjoyed all of them. I even beat the MSX2 games metal gear and metal gear 2 and they are really hard.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
KitsuneFr (Offline)
Mori kara kimashita...

Location: Versailles, France (not Hellmouth, Sunnydale, lol!)
Send a message via MSN to KitsuneFr Send a message via Yahoo to KitsuneFr
06-03-2008, 09:24 PM

Only played the GBColor version (from 1998 I believe). Good game, still amazing (not so technically but the story was good) for a GBColor game.

Not played the 32 bits and more versions anyway (for using assault rifles and so, I'm definitively a Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six user - even if I found Clancy's boring, even if I understand all his technical reference, as weaponry and defense systems are parts of my job, but I really like the one shot - one kill concept in these games, without cannot re-life or re-ammo, that's pretty good like real life and so stressing ! But I can't stand the so-stealth Fisher with his so-stealth 3 green lights on the head and his gun you would empty the 5,7 mm round clip to kill a non-armoured guy while aiming between the two eyes, and sometimes he's still alive!)

Qu'est ce qui pourrait être plus beau que les fleurs de cerisier?
さくらのはなが だいすきですよ!
(Sakura no hana ga daisuki desu yo!)
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

06-03-2008, 09:27 PM

I just started playing through MGS2 again the other day. Pretty much beaten it by now I'm at the end against all the Metal Gear RAY. Absolutely love the story and detail put into it.

Will start playing through 3 and hopefully beat it before 4 comes out. Then I'll be fully refreshed on the story.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

06-03-2008, 11:17 PM

I have to agree with kanji about the games and to be honest they are awesome and i remember playing the very first for handheld awesome games perfect voice over and detail and very good plot
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

06-03-2008, 11:19 PM

I'm really tempted to get the PSP game. Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops. Even though I wouldn't play it that much.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
06-16-2008, 08:45 PM

I just beat MGS4:GotP, AWESOME....
Easily the best installment in the series..
And Metal Gear Online is also an amazing experience...

I'm "solid_x_"
kill you soon.

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
03-07-2009, 11:17 PM

Does anyone know if the US version of MGS: Portable Ops Plus, contains the original Portable ops game as well, like the Japanese deluxe package of the game does?

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Oni (Offline)
<3

Send a message via AIM to Oni Send a message via Yahoo to Oni
03-12-2009, 05:22 AM

I love the MGS games. Sons of Liberty is my favorite because the storyline is awesome and I had alot of fun slashing a sword at people

A Sonozaki at her finest (links may be spoilers):

http://higurashiualuealuealeuale.ytmnd.com/
http://higurashicowbell.ytmnd.com/

Aishite mo ii kai?