Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
animelover32 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to animelover32
Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy - 04-15-2008, 09:59 PM

I know this is going to turn into a "Omg! FF is so much better!" "omg! DMC is so much better!" thread. But that's NOT what this is for. What I want to know is why do people compare the two? Neither have anything the same. So give your reasonings and who knows maybe people like me will start to see them.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
BakaCrisis (Offline)
(。・_・。)σ

Send a message via AIM to BakaCrisis Send a message via MSN to BakaCrisis Send a message via Skype™ to BakaCrisis
04-15-2008, 10:51 PM

ERM.... I loved final fantasy tactics for gba

Teach me Japanese (Skype: davidh053090 )
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-15-2008, 11:06 PM

AHAHAHAHA this is hard mate. Umm. I'll go with Devil May Cry, simply because wonder trio made it so awesome (Shinji Mikami, Hideki Kamiya, Masami Ueda).

And because Square is milking FF so hard it makes me sick.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
BakaCrisis (Offline)
(。・_・。)σ

Send a message via AIM to BakaCrisis Send a message via MSN to BakaCrisis Send a message via Skype™ to BakaCrisis
04-15-2008, 11:09 PM

yea square is miliking ff pretty hard seeing how its supposed to be final

Teach me Japanese (Skype: davidh053090 )
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

04-15-2008, 11:52 PM

I like FF more because I've been playing it since I was like in fifth grade. I REALLY like DMC, but I'm really bad at it. Otherwise, I'd like it better.

They're both good, but I'd choose FF over DMC.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

04-15-2008, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaCrisis View Post
yea square is miliking ff pretty hard seeing how its supposed to be final
In the 80s, Square was going into debt and they decided to make one last game. Ironically, they made a really successful game and started to make games again.
I guess they stuck with the name for marketing reasons.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

04-16-2008, 12:54 AM

On what level are you comparing the two of these?

If it's for the game itself as a whole then you just can't. They're basically complete opposites. One is a (largely) turn based JRPG where the other is a real time action adventure.

If it's for story then that's something you can compare and decide between fairly. I'd have to go with Final Fantasy for the story. DMC is a close second though.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-16-2008, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
On what level are you comparing the two of these?

If it's for the game itself as a whole then you just can't. They're basically complete opposites. One is a (largely) turn based JRPG where the other is a real time action adventure.

If it's for story then that's something you can compare and decide between fairly. I'd have to go with Final Fantasy for the story. DMC is a close second though.
Wrong. I compare the games as a whole. Not which aspects are better. They're games, right? So I ask myself, which one did I have most fun playing? OR I ask my self, which one was the best gaming experience?

Considering the fact that I think DMC is more fun to play than any FF game (basically), I go with DMC. A game with boring gameplay is a bad game, no matter the incredible story or the beautiful music, etc.

I could lead a team into creating a DMC RPG that would be better than FF in erms of gameplay (possibly sotry, as well). Graphics, music, etc. isn't my department so can't speak about that.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

04-16-2008, 06:24 AM

Don't like either of them, I think they're both kinda cheesy, no offence. Devil May Cry is definatly cheesy.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-16-2008, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Don't like either of them, I think they're both kinda cheesy, no offence. Devil May Cry is definatly cheesy.
Not the first game but these days DMC is supposed to be cheesy but I hate the cheesiness factor. Besides, anyone who judges DMC solely because of the cutscenes is errm... I don't know how to say this... PLAY the game. And see if it's at all fun while playing it. Not watching cutscenes.

BTW, sucking at a game doesn't equal the game sucking.