JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

Girls Into Games - 05-24-2008, 08:43 PM

Hey everyone. I've started a small series of videos called Girls Into Games. This particular video is talking about the console wars. I would really appreciate some comments and opinions on this, so I can add these into my next video, or if you feel I've missed something important I would really appreciate your advice!

I plan to do a series of these videos, mostly game reviews and hardware reviews, so any advice for future videos would be great! [Also, I'm taking requests so any games you'd like me to test out then I'd be happy to do that also.] Oh and if you have a YouTube account I'd welcome any ratings or comments!

Thankyou ~

(#2 (permalink))
Old
KitsuneFr (Offline)
Mori kara kimashita...

Location: Versailles, France (not Hellmouth, Sunnydale, lol!)
Send a message via MSN to KitsuneFr Send a message via Yahoo to KitsuneFr
05-24-2008, 10:28 PM

Hi Misa!

First, all seems to be near to professionnal interview! I believe you could continue like this!

Second, concerning videogames, I began very young with an Amstrad CPC 6128 in 1988.

After that, as you, Megadrive ruled. I got a japanese one, rated at 60 Hz (here in France it 50 Hz) so I had to switch my TV on video mode, but I gained more speed and OVERSCAN (french Megadrives were in a kind of 16/9, my japanese was full screen) and can do Sonic first level in 28 seconds with more of 100 rings (so extra lives if I remember )

After, no games while internat school.

After, the Nintendo 64, how long nights while riding Epona in Ocarina of Time.

Just after, GC, and as a Kitsune, I can only be in Super Smash Bros Melee... Fox McCloud!

Then, as I was a fan of Saint Seiya, and that Bandai wasn't ready to show on GC, I was forced to buy a PS2, but Saint Seiya games are very average.

But a good fact is that I really like japanese history at the Oda Nobunaga's period, and Koei send a very wonderful Kessen 3 in 2006, with japanese good dubbing, I really liked it.

Now DS still rules, I'm a Yu-gi-oh player, and my PSP only serves to appoint Net (or sometimes Monster Hunter...)

Well, I don't think I'm all in the subject, but it is good to see that we have shared the MD and the N64 at the same time. And instead of PS1, I got a Saturn!

Wishing you a nice day,

Kitsune

Qu'est ce qui pourrait être plus beau que les fleurs de cerisier?
さくらのはなが だいすきですよ!
(Sakura no hana ga daisuki desu yo!)
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

05-24-2008, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneFr View Post
Hi Misa!

First, all seems to be near to professionnal interview! I believe you could continue like this!

Second, concerning videogames, I began very young with an Amstrad CPC 6128 in 1988.

After that, as you, Megadrive ruled. I got a japanese one, rated at 60 Hz (here in France it 50 Hz) so I had to switch my TV on video mode, but I gained more speed and OVERSCAN (french Megadrives were in a kind of 16/9, my japanese was full screen) and can do Sonic first level in 28 seconds with more of 100 rings (so extra lives if I remember )

After, no games while internat school.

After, the Nintendo 64, how long nights while riding Epona in Ocarina of Time.

Just after, GC, and as a Kitsune, I can only be in Super Smash Bros Melee... Fox McCloud!

Then, as I was a fan of Saint Seiya, and that Bandai wasn't ready to show on GC, I was forced to buy a PS2, but Saint Seiya games are very average.

But a good fact is that I really like japanese history at the Oda Nobunaga's period, and Koei send a very wonderful Kessen 3 in 2006, with japanese good dubbing, I really liked it.

Now DS still rules, I'm a Yu-gi-oh player, and my PSP only serves to appoint Net (or sometimes Monster Hunter...)

Well, I don't think I'm all in the subject, but it is good to see that we have shared the MD and the N64 at the same time. And instead of PS1, I got a Saturn!

Wishing you a nice day,

Kitsune
Thank you very much for your comment! It's great to see someone with a similar gaming history to my own ^_^

I'm pretty sure my Megadrive was an English one. Someone bought it for my parents so they had it just before I was born.

The Nintendo 64 has got to be my favourite console! I actually have a Saturn lying around my house somewhere that my friend gave me. I'll have to dig it out sometime!

I also have a Nintendo DS, I loved Phantom Hourglass, and me and my mates usually play Pokemon [yes we are all 17 haha!]
(#4 (permalink))
Old
KitsuneFr (Offline)
Mori kara kimashita...

05-24-2008, 10:46 PM

Thank you for replying,

My Saturn is actually in the PS2 box, but its wires are laying disconnected under the TV!

Seriously, when Pokemon DS was out last year, (as I was always doing the Pokemon games on GB/GBA), I was, during one month, hunting for low level Pikachu's every night. Then I put them on the market on the CWF (Nintendo Wi-Fi connection) in exchange of the basis Pokemon of Pearl / Diamond.

So I exchanged about 50 Pikachu to little japanese kids during all a month
And got some good exchange money to have more rare for me, as one of the 3 basis pokemons from a version are very sought (or seeked ?)

Maybe we exchanged one, who knows?

さくらのはなが だいすきですよ!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

05-24-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Thank you for replying,

My Saturn is actually in the PS2 box, but its wires are laying disconnected under the TV!

Seriously, when Pokemon was out last year, (as I was always doing the Pokemon games on GB/GBA), I was, during one month, hunting for low levfel Pikachu's every night. Then I put them on the market on the CWF (Nintendo Wi-Fi connection) in exchange of the basis Pokemon of Pearl / Diamond.

So I exchanged about 50 Pikachu to little japanese kids during all a month
And got some good exchange money to have more rare for me, as one of the 3 basis pokemons from a version are very sought (or seeked ?)

Maybe we exchanged one, who knows?
I got a Pikachu from the trade place, so maybe so! I can't remember what I traded for it though. I have all the starter pokemon on the Diamond and Pearl games though. I have got 2 of a few legendaries aswell. Haven't picked up my DS for a while though.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
KitsuneFr (Offline)
Mori kara kimashita...

05-24-2008, 10:59 PM

Me too, I got two of legendary ones, it was easy to exchange with the starters ones.
But I don't play this game since finishing it, Nintendo made a mistake while only making profile users fighting, not real!

Instead of that, I was on Yu-gi-oh Spirit Caller international duel mode, and now on 2008 World Championship.

It is hard, and bad loosers often disconnect before the end of the fight, so you cannot gain points and rank (but these bastards are loosing points! But if they have 0 pts, they cannot go below )

Hard to play, hard to compose a good deck, I made a very defensive one, so they often disconnect as it is hard to hurt me without themselves loosing points... I'm a kind of panzer in this game...)

さくらのはなが だいすきですよ!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

05-25-2008, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Me too, I got two of legendary ones, it was easy to exchange with the starters ones.
But I don't play this game since finishing it, Nintendo made a mistake while only making profile users fighting, not real!

Instead of that, I was on Yu-gi-oh Spirit Caller international duel mode, and now on 2008 World Championship.

It is hard, and bad loosers often disconnect before the end of the fight, so you cannot gain points and rank (but these bastards are loosing points! But if they have 0 pts, they cannot go below )

Hard to play, hard to compose a good deck, I made a very defensive one, so they often disconnect as it is hard to hurt me without themselves loosing points... I'm a kind of panzer in this game...)
I've never really played Yu-Gi-OH ^-^;;
(#8 (permalink))
Old
KitsuneFr (Offline)
Mori kara kimashita...

05-25-2008, 08:00 AM

Well, it is good cards game, with about 2000 different cards, you have infinite combinations to create a good fighting deck (but your online challengers have the same possibility!). It is what I like in it, when you're beginning a fight (against an human online), you never know if you'll win or loose. I just can't stand the disconnecting ones just before loosing, but it seems that it is as in other things, sometimes no fair-play...

I advice you to try it, it's pretty good (and addictive, too!) if even you're liking card games

さくらのはなが だいすきですよ!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

05-25-2008, 08:17 AM

It was good... If i'm to make some suggestions, it'd be that; when you list things, (ie, usb, bluray etc etc), it might be a good idea to have them written on the screen as well.

Another thing might be to make it a little more organised... you seemed to flip between consoles randomly. Though I understood what you were saying, sometimes it was a bit random!

Apart from that, it was good!!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

05-25-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
It was good... If i'm to make some suggestions, it'd be that; when you list things, (ie, usb, bluray etc etc), it might be a good idea to have them written on the screen as well.

Another thing might be to make it a little more organised... you seemed to flip between consoles randomly. Though I understood what you were saying, sometimes it was a bit random!

Apart from that, it was good!!
Thank you very much for the advice! Yeah, I noticed that I don't have an order in which I discuss the consoles. Next time I will make it in order, also I will write it up on the screen what I am talking about, that's a great idea ^_^