JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
Square-Enix may know what they're doing. - 07-15-2008, 09:33 PM

I've been thinking alot about the switch to multi-platform, and I just couldn't put my finger on why Square would do something this ballsy especially when FFXIII was one of the best official games that the PLAYSTATION 3 had going for it..

Why would they back out after all the success they had on the PS2?

Why would Square deliberately kill a company's console that they've backed for over a decade?

Answer: THEY WOULDN'T.

Square isn't a company that would do that.

Final Fantasy XIII is a BIG game, no doubt about it...
But why would Square send their biggest money-maker to the competition, KNOWING fans would be pissed?

The answer is really simple and you should have caught on by now..

How do you make fans that you've just PISSED off, EXTREMELY HAPPY!?!?!?!?

.......you grant their greatest wish.

I believe the time has come...

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

07-15-2008, 09:51 PM

Did you post a picture I can't see that my work filter is blocking, or are you just not making sense?

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

07-15-2008, 10:00 PM

I'm not entirely sure I follow what you're saying. However, why should PlayStation gamers be mad about the new Final Fantasy going to the XBOX? I never really understood the corporate worship that exists when it comes to video games.

Quote:
But why would Square send their biggest money-maker to the competition
Why is the XBOX "competition"? Square is not Sony, Sony is Sony. Square is a company, and the point of a company is to make money... hence if they release it on both consoles, they make more money. Apparently whatever Microsoft was paying them was a high enough amount to get them to release it on the XBOX.

Keep in mind that years ago, Square was a developer for Nintendo exclusively. They bailed out on Nintendo to move to the PSX when it came out. Now they're moving on to the XBOX, and they didn't bail on the PlayStation like they did with Nintendo. At least FF13 is still coming out for the PS3.

郷に入っては郷に従え

Last edited by Hatredcopter : 07-15-2008 at 10:02 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

07-15-2008, 10:07 PM

@ tyrien, it was something you should have figured out while reading..

@HC. I meant since Square is mainly backing SONY, the XBOX isn't exactly on the same team... I was trying to link it with allegiances... apparently was good though..

As for Nintendo, they had it coming, Square approached them and asked them to change to disc media because of the overwhelming size of FFVII, and Nintendo refused, it's their fault, Square gave them chance to keep them..

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-15-2008, 10:20 PM

I am not "getting it" either. There are a lot more Xbox machines out there, so they can move a lot more copies.

Nintendo hasn't exactly suffered from the loss...
(#6 (permalink))
Old
allie2590 (Offline)
I am the White Testament

07-15-2008, 10:21 PM

It's because the PS3 has lost Sony billions of dollars, and Square wants their game to be on a console that has a larger chance of success.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

07-15-2008, 10:30 PM

You worded that in a stange way. Made it sound like there was some compensation coming to pissed off brand loyalist fans for losnig FFX13 exclusivity.

Microsoft didn't pay Square anything, Squeenix decided to do that all on their own. If Microsoft did pay Square to bring the game multi-platform then why is FFXIII exclusive to PS3 in Japan? Because the sales are horrible for the console and Squeenix sees no reason to develop and localize for Japan.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

07-15-2008, 10:31 PM

wow, you people can't put two-and-two together... lol

If you've been keeping up with Square news recently, you would have known of a "HUGE announcement concerning FFVII" is coming at the Square Event next month...

The only logical announcement is a remake.... unless we get another lame spin-off... which square probably wouldn't do... but then, who knows!

If they were going to pull a FFVII remake out of their ass, now would be the best time..

*for the record, I posted this on two other sites, and they got it....
So the first statement wasn't intended to be mean..

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

07-15-2008, 11:10 PM

Yea, but if you post a statment like that then you should at least explain it. No wonder people won't know what you're talking about if you do that.

Yes, Square is going to have a FFVII announcement at their private party on the 2nd~3rd of August. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Advent Children Complete, or a new movie. There's been speculation of a FFVII remake, DoC Sequel, Crisis Core-like prequel, and other little thing to dream of.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
(#10 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

07-15-2008, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Advent Children Complete, or a new movie. There's been speculation of a FFVII remake, DoC Sequel, Crisis Core-like prequel, and other little thing to dream of.
They already announced that they would give the ACC release date.
The announcement is something else..
new movie.... doubt it...
DoC wasn't that great, a sequel would be too risky.
Crisis Core was good, but it's finished, unless they weave in another character, there's nothing else to explain..

although they do have to explain what Genesis did after flying off with Weiss at the end of DoC...
I highly doubt they'll make another game in terms of DoC.