JapanForum.com  


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie's Avatar
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません
 
Posts: 301
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Near The Beach.
07-25-2008, 11:13 AM

me personally? i dont care. but no one can say that PS3's are "less durable" than X360s cause.. its false. iv had both PS3 and 360 the first 360 i got was broken.. but the place i got it from gave me a refund and i went to another store and got one. but like i said me personally i dont mind, alltho i was a little pissed off that my first 360 was broken. i live in a tourist destination coastal town. and drove 40 minutes each way to get my 360 is microsoft gona refund the money i spent on petrol? there to get a 360 which was broken back home to see its broken back to the store to get a refund back home to finally play an xbox that wasnt broken.

actually typing thas has made me pretty pissed off microsoft can blow me iv never really thought about it before.

but apart from my rant.. i still like the X360 but no.. its not as durable as the PS3.. which was the point of my previous post ><
Reply With Quote
(#22 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa's Avatar
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.
 
Posts: 2,773
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: England.
07-25-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
Nintendo doesn't have enough mature games;
That's what everyone argues about Nintendo, but at least they are starting to do something about it. Things like GTA DS, Call of Duty and things we already have like Zelda and Resident Evil could possibly switch things around. To be honest, I have no interest in games which would be classed as 'mature,' unless they are something like Zelda and I also can't wait for Project Zero/Fatal Frame, which is a hella scary game, much more so than Resident Evil or anything. So anyone who has a Wii and wants a mature game, get your hands on that.

I don't mind Microsoft, I probably only slightly like it more than the PS3. I have one, but I'd only really use it for multi-format games, like GTA, Guitar Hero and Rock Band. There is actually nothing I want on the PS3 that isn't already on the Xbox to be honest, but that's just me.


JOIN US!
Reply With Quote
(#23 (permalink))
Old
noodle's Avatar
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo
 
Posts: 1,419
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Paris/London/Algiers
07-25-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
me personally? i dont care. but no one can say that PS3's are "less durable" than X360s cause.. its false. iv had both PS3 and 360 the first 360 i got was broken.. but the place i got it from gave me a refund and i went to another store and got one. but like i said me personally i dont mind, alltho i was a little pissed off that my first 360 was broken. i live in a tourist destination coastal town. and drove 40 minutes each way to get my 360 is microsoft gona refund the money i spent on petrol? there to get a 360 which was broken back home to see its broken back to the store to get a refund back home to finally play an xbox that wasnt broken.

actually typing thas has made me pretty pissed off microsoft can blow me iv never really thought about it before.

but apart from my rant.. i still like the X360 but no.. its not as durable as the PS3.. which was the point of my previous post ><
hahaha, dude... shame on you for wasting your petrol. Microsoft send you a new one.

ps, that travelling thing is nonsense to say the least. lol... Next thing you'll be complaining about is why won't microsoft pay for your petrol everytime you go and buy a game, or every time you wanna return/trade a game.

o_0 Why do people say "we" when talking about nintendo????

Last edited by noodle : 07-25-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
(#24 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie's Avatar
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません
 
Posts: 301
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Near The Beach.
07-25-2008, 12:49 PM

how are they gona send me a new one if i dont take the broken one back? (broken straight out the box)

and shouldnt their product work in the first place? theres no excuse for selling dodgy merchandise because thats what it all comes down too. what else are you gonna call a 36% failure rate?
Reply With Quote
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa's Avatar
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.
 
Posts: 2,773
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: England.
07-25-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post

o_0 Why do people say "we" when talking about nintendo????
I assume your making reference to my post?

It can be used to describe anything... 'we' meaning, 'we, the gaming audience.'

Like saying, 'If we watch a horror film, we normally get scared.' Meaning the audience, it's the same as saying 'If the audience watches a horror film, they usually get scared.' But with the inclusion of yourself.

If that makes sense.


JOIN US!
Reply With Quote
(#26 (permalink))
Old
noodle's Avatar
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo
 
Posts: 1,419
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Paris/London/Algiers
07-25-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
how are they gona send me a new one if i dont take the broken one back? (broken straight out the box)

and shouldnt their product work in the first place? theres no excuse for selling dodgy merchandise because thats what it all comes down too. what else are you gonna call a 36% failure rate?
They send someone to collect it dude. At least thats what they did before... Dunno how it works now. Been a while since I've left the games retail business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
I assume your making reference to my post?

It can be used to describe anything... 'we' meaning, 'we, the gaming audience.'

Like saying, 'If we watch a horror film, we normally get scared.' Meaning the audience, it's the same as saying 'If the audience watches a horror film, they usually get scared.' But with the inclusion of yourself.

If that makes sense.
Yeah I was making reference to you, but you post more reminded me of a couple friends I have. They only ever say "we" when it's about nintendo. Might sound wierd, but sounds like nintendo fans are more family like, haha...

And yeah, I get what you mean. I wasn't questioning the english. I was more trying to see why nintendo fans say "we". Prob just me being crazy
Reply With Quote
(#27 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa's Avatar
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.
 
Posts: 2,773
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: England.
07-25-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post

Yeah I was making reference to you, but you post more reminded me of a couple friends I have. They only ever say "we" when it's about nintendo. Might sound wierd, but sounds like nintendo fans are more family like, haha...

And yeah, I get what you mean. I wasn't questioning the english. I was more trying to see why nintendo fans say "we". Prob just me being crazy
Yeah I was just trying to say that it can be used in other situations and I personally don't use it for just Nintendo and it would be kind of weird if peole did! I don't really think it's got anything to do with Nintendo, but using 'we' seems to include yourself, so maybe that's why.


JOIN US!
Reply With Quote
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien's Avatar
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.
 
Posts: 708
Join Date: Jan 2008
07-25-2008, 02:31 PM

It's definitely the games that cause the low sales. If you follow Media Create sales charts on a weekly basis there's always a spike in 360 hardware sales when a game that the (general) japanese gaming audience wants.

Like Ace Combat, Ninja Gaiden, Blue Dragon, Lost Oddesy, for examples.



Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
Reply With Quote
(#29 (permalink))
Old
allie2590's Avatar
allie2590 (Offline)
I am the White Testament
 
Posts: 377
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
07-25-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
the first xbox i got failed (not RROD tho) it has something like a 36% failure rate compared to PS3's 0.2%

iv had both xbox360 and PS3 i ended up selling them both - i miss the PS3 more.
Actually, unless it's changed drastically in the last couple of months, the failure rate for the XB360 is 16.4% and for the Wii and PS3 it's around 3%.
Reply With Quote
(#30 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9's Avatar
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 692
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: shiga
Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
07-25-2008, 04:06 PM

nowadays, there is a lot of new Xbox 360 games which hits top 10 game charts and probably this is the oppurtunity for Xbox to shine back in Japan??


LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright 2003-2006 Virtual Japan.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6