JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

Final Fantasy Timeline and World Map - 08-04-2008, 04:43 AM

As people have done with Zelda, they've tried to make correct timelines for what game comes after the other.

I was thinking that if we could all put our heads together... We could figure out the "timeline" for the Final Fantasy games.

I know that there are many different lands and none of the games but FFX and FVII has sequels, prequels, etc. But, there might be something that interconnect each game. FFX and FFVII These are no brainers to place on the timeline and a way to start.

A good example to help the timeline placement would be like Ivalice. FFXII and FFTA are both in Ivalice. When did March go to Ivalice? Before or after the fall of Dalmasca? What do you think?

Though, there are different countries and lands, we can maybe create a map of the whole FF world. I know that there's so many countries, but where do you think that everything from all games would be placed on a world map?

I know that this thread could become very complicated, but maybe we can figure out a timeline and create the ultamate map!

I'm going to try and do research on every FF game I can and figure out info of what the countries look like and the basic plots to fit the peices of the puzzle...

I know we can figure something out. The world has been saved so many times, but when and where?

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Hackimoto (Offline)
Fighting the blues

08-04-2008, 06:46 AM

I'm not sure it really works that way. I've heard though that the stories are supposed to be all on a common timeline but there's like thousands of years inbetween. I know you can see little connections sometimes if you really use a microscope. Besides the summon characters and chocobos and the very long dynasty of people named Cid.

(#3 (permalink))
Old
Asakura (Offline)
Training like Ryu.......

08-04-2008, 02:48 PM

Hmm...this sounds like a really fun project, I think we might be good in finding out the plots of all the FF games. I'll wiki it!

Ubi concordia, ibi victoria
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Hackimoto (Offline)
Fighting the blues

08-04-2008, 04:20 PM

Hey, I just read something interesting.
Apparently there's cutscene in X-2 with Shinra(I'm not sure where in the game). You ask him what he's doing and he says"

"Farplane data. The more I study it, the more fascinating it gets. There's limitless energy swirling around in there.... The life force that flows through our planet... I think. With a little work, we could probably extract the energy in a usable form."
—Shinra

And Shinra, as we all know, is the name of the corporation in FFVII which uses the energy from the planet's life force as a commercial energy source. Connection? maybe. Maybe there's a timeline but it's not linear to the same order that the games are made.

Also, in FFIII there's a wizard named Hein.

"...the creator of mankind, and the first sorceress ever to exist. Upon creating the first humans, Hyne went into a deep sleep. When he awoke, he decided his creations had become too advanced, so he decided to kill all of the human children. The humans, however, resisted, and a huge battle between Hyne and the humans began. After many years of fighting, Hyne surrendered and gave half of his body to the humans, and that is where the tradition of Sorceresses passing down their powers started..."
—In-game note about Hyne

In FFVIII, Rinoa is referred to as 'Hein's decendant', assumably because she has had the sorceress's powers handed down to her and is now one of the harborers of his powers which he handed down to humans.

Floating Continent in Final Fantasy III is situated roughly at the same spot where the Deep Sea Research Center in Final Fantasy VIII is found. Beneath the Research Center are ruins that indicate that there had been an ancient civilization founded here. These ruins could have been the Owen Tower in Final Fantasy III.

Curiously, in Ultimecia's Castle there is a clock tower. The hands on the clock pointed at III and VIII. This may be a subtle hint about the games' connection. But then again, nothing can be proven.

I actually cut and pasted some of that, but I think there might be more of those kind of things if you were to do a little detective work

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

08-04-2008, 06:54 PM

@Asakura- That's what I've been doing. Looking on Wiki and Google-ing things right now. It's a bit hard, but we'll trace down clues such as that.

@Hacki- YES!!! That's exactly what I mean! Little stuff like that is what counts. See, if we had more people working on this, we could find other clues like that because everybody remembers all different things and have different games.

Iiiiii.... Data...

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Asakura (Offline)
Training like Ryu.......

08-04-2008, 07:58 PM

So we know so far that X, X-2 and VII are connected. X, and X-2 seem to be in-game historically older then VII.

Do we seperate Ivalice and the other worlds?

For example FFX takes place in Spira
FFVII's world is Midgar
FFXII's world is Ivalice

Are they all the same world, Just different times and names?
And do you have repeating technological history?

Or maby (and this is my speculation alone) Ivalice is a whole other planet, plane, demension, something like that. Of couse if you acknowledge that then you'd have to acknowledge the theory that they ALL are alternate demensions.

Ubi concordia, ibi victoria
(#7 (permalink))
Old
kireikoori (Offline)
Haplogroup N(Y-DNA)

08-05-2008, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura View Post
FFVII's world is Midgar
Err...Midgar is just a big city in VII.
Not even a continent.

Q: Who cares what other people think?!?!
A: Japanese people do.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

08-05-2008, 04:14 AM

Quote:
So we know so far that X, X-2 and VII are connected. X, and X-2 seem to be in-game historically older then VII.

Do we seperate Ivalice and the other worlds?

For example FFX takes place in Spira
FFVII's world is Midgar
FFXII's world is Ivalice

Are they all the same world, Just different times and names?
And do you have repeating technological history?

Or maby (and this is my speculation alone) Ivalice is a whole other planet, plane, demension, something like that. Of couse if you acknowledge that then you'd have to acknowledge the theory that they ALL are alternate demensions.
Ahhh! Nowonder our teachers teach us history...

But in reality, that idea is a bit scary-ish. That could make sense that it may be the same land, but thousands of years apart... O_O

Technological history... Maybe Cid has been reborn twenty billion times and has made all of the same discoveries repeatedly?

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#9 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
08-05-2008, 04:50 AM

Quote:
FFVII's world is Midgar
as, the person above said, Midgar is just a city...

-The planet is Gaia

-The pyreflies are similar to the LifeStream.

more, subtle connections.

-Shalua's arm in DoC, the way it hangs out, resembles Auron.
-Nero in DoC, the way his face is wrapped and arms cross, resemble Anima.

-Spira and Gaia are different planets.
After gaining space travel, Shinra and Rin's descendants went to Gaia and set up Shin-Ra there.

-The scene under bevelle in X-2, resembles the opening scene of FFVII of Midgar.

Also, I've discussed this on many threads, before XII came out...
None of us liked 3, so we left it out, and 5 was crap, we discovered the timeline goes as such.. 9, 2, 1, 4, 6, X, X-2, 7, 8.

IN ORDER TO CREATE A TIMELINE, YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO ACCEPT THAT ALL THE GAMES ARE CONNECTED. OBVIOUSLY NOT TRUE, BUT FOR THE SAKE OF THIS, PLAY ALONG. ALSO, I'M NOT SAYING THIS ABSOLUTELY IS THE WAY IT IS, CAUSE HONESTLY, ALL THE GAMES AREN'T CONNECTED, THIS IS JUST THE CONCLUSION ME AND A FRIEND CAME TO, IF THEY "WERE" CONNECTED. IT'S POSSIBLE SOME OF YOU MAY DISAGREE, OR HAVE A CLUE TO WHERE III, V, AND XII FIT IN.... FEEL FREE TO MENTION IF SO, LET'S PERFECT THIS.

IX- peace until Kuja comes along, the Mist produced all monsters
II- sorceress comes along, destroys kingdoms.
I- Tiamatt and Kraken have destroyed most of the world, leaving only a few kingdoms, yet again.... The only airship is buried in the desert.
IV- Kingdoms have situated themselves around protecting the 4 Crystals. Golbez and Garland could be incarnations of each other, since they're both Lunars, as could KluYa and Kuja. Since discovery of airship in previous FF, they have been advancing it and creating better ones... The Big Whale could be the remains of the Dreadnought from FF2
IV- People exploiting magic for power, which in turn revives the world.
X- With the world at the top of it's technological era, a tragedy starts when Yu Yevon is made, probably the last "Lunar"
X-2- Mako is mentioned, but unharnessed.
VII- Magic put in "Gaia" in IV, is being drained as Mako... Gaia is dying... Since the magic (mako) is being drained from teh planet, it no longer can be used without possessing a crystalized form of it (materia).
VIII- Gaia now back at the top of it's technological era, and magic is now no longer only usable by possessing a crystalized form, but now flows freely through the body. People have now learned how to use magic through GF's to benefit themselves (Junction).

AGAIN, me and my friend talked about this back in '06 which is why XII is not included, I really haven't given this much thought since...

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.

Last edited by XjapanFOREVER : 08-05-2008 at 05:05 AM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
YoshimiTheEthereal (Offline)
Neo-Nebula

08-06-2008, 03:40 AM

I have the Collector's Edition of FFXII and on the DVD that came with it, it has a bunch of trailers. I watched them, and on the first one, I believe, it says in the introduction in the scenes "Ten years after the events of Final Fantasy X . . . ". This game was not created ten years after FFX, was it? Or did I miscount? I'm not good at math, but if I did count right, wouldn't that mean that that ties FFX and FFXII together? Otherwise, it would not be mentioned.