JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
NekoNekoChan (Offline)
ナイトメア!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to NekoNekoChan
02-05-2007, 04:28 AM

I just got shaman king for the ps2 and am at the final episode, and I can truly say that your kids will like it. However, the game does stray completely from the original story around half way through the game. It's kind of one of those alternate universe stories. There a few minor points within the game where things can get hard, but you do get unlimited continues if you happen to get game over.

The system is a tactile one, except, when you battle with yoh, you actually get to control yoh and the game becomes sort of a fighter. You'll see what I mean once they start playing.

Also, one last bit of information. ESRB rates games according to age, not by gameplay and difficulty, but content. Just in case you didn't know. I've actually run across a few E games where I found the game impossibly hard for a 6-7 year old. And I've also found some games, rated mature, where it was definatly playable(difficulty wise) but were filled with tons of gore, blood, cussing, and other suggestive themes. I might suggest renting games before you buy them if you're not sure if your kids would be able to play it. Sometimes the backs of games don't give a real impression of difficulty, or any impression of how a game is played at all. Take Genji for example, it basically says control 2 characters in an epic story. It's really alot more in depth than that.

Life brings death.
Death brings eyes.
Each time we blink
we open our eyes again,
yet, when we blink our last
people will close their eyes and tear.

However, the death will cause people to eventually open their eyes once again.
Become stronger, strive to live as long as they can.
Life brings death.
Death Brings life.

Made by me in 30 seconds(or around there)
(#32 (permalink))
Old
fuu (Offline)
blargh whatever

02-05-2007, 03:05 PM

Now I can't wait for them to open Shaman King.Hahahaha! Maybe I just want to try it. Harvest moon huh? I'll check it out.

What about Kingdom Hearts? It's a Disney anime hybrid right or am I confused?

FEAR ME!!!
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

02-05-2007, 04:53 PM

It is, but I didn't mention Kingdom Hearts because it may be too hard to play for little kids. But I could be wrong.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
02-06-2007, 06:39 AM

Final Fantasy 9 is great too, possibly the best ff game ever yet, or at least, to me lol

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Vesperd (Offline)
Sit back and Chill.. :]

02-06-2007, 06:42 AM

Get them Final Fantasy.. that game bewitched and enchanted me.. when i first played it as a young kid.. wow, totally blew me away.. final fantasy is a part that makes me today, i think ive gotten much smarter over the years due to playing FF for many reasons

2006 - Japanforum, remember it.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Maku (Offline)
Not a happy bunny.

Send a message via MSN to Maku
02-06-2007, 07:30 AM

I stick with my suggestion of any of the Sonic games.

"Mossad knows what my Aunt Judy eats for breakfast."
Jack West Jr.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
fuu (Offline)
blargh whatever

02-06-2007, 02:18 PM

Ok. I have picked up a sonic game.
So thats Shamanking and Sonic, I am going to get 1 more for each of them. Final fantasy huh? I have a vote for #9 any others.

FEAR ME!!!
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

02-06-2007, 03:24 PM

Final Fantasy 7 , 8 and 9 are the best Final Fantasy games ever. So any of the three.

I first played FF7 when I was 10 yrs. old, that is when it was released. I begged to get the money, and I got it a few months later.

I agree with Vesperd-kun's post completely, Final Fantasy changed my views of life and made me smarter. There are so many morals and lessons on life to be learned. Especially in Final Fantasy 8!!

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 02-06-2007 at 03:26 PM.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
TheDemonNaruto (Offline)
Woot! Hooah!!

Send a message via AIM to TheDemonNaruto Send a message via MSN to TheDemonNaruto Send a message via Yahoo to TheDemonNaruto
02-06-2007, 05:32 PM

10 is a good one,don't get 10-2,you may not want your kids seeing them go nakey when they change to their ultimate form,even though you still can't see anything,and all that Al Bhed(which I've mastered)couldmess up their brains.12 is fun but it may be difficult for them to understand,I think there's a lot more stuff on this than others so it could be difficult
(#40 (permalink))
Old
fuu (Offline)
blargh whatever

02-09-2007, 02:46 PM

Alright I got final fantasy 7. Should I give that to the oldest or the youngest? My Youngest has started talking about wanting a Full Metal Alchemist game (he prtends he is Mustang all the time, quite funny to watch) Would a FMA game be appropriate? I can't thank you guys enough for all of your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FEAR ME!!!