JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Where To Buy Japanese Video Games Online? - 12-12-2008, 04:03 PM

Got bored of searching for a thread with no luck and no replies so posted one of my own.

I'm looking for Tatsunoko VS Capcom for the Wii (amongst others. Namco x Capcom would be nice). I've tried amazon and ebay and its £55 with £14 PnP! Theres NO WAY I'm ever going to pay over £30 for a game (including PnP). I've got a freeloader so theres no compatability issues... That was a tenner off play.com

Is it just me or do videogames for the Wii really cost the equivalent of £55 in Japan?!

Any ideas guys? Remember to make sure that they will ship to UK!

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

12-12-2008, 04:16 PM

There are sites out there (such as play-asia.com), but I don't think you'll find any better prices. Games are indeed expensive in Japan, and it's not gonna be cheap to send one half way across the world I'm afraid.

郷に入っては郷に従え
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

12-12-2008, 04:48 PM

Play-asia is extorionate. Whats worse, they send their packages via UPS who charge air tax so its even more expensive when it gets here!

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#4 (permalink))
Old
kitski (Offline)
Kakkoi

12-12-2008, 05:34 PM

umm download it from net XD
edit:uh actually thats bad..dont listen to me

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.-- Albert Camus

Last edited by kitski : 12-12-2008 at 05:39 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Lucas89 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-12-2008, 06:00 PM

I always use YesAsia ... Mainly for books and films though, i have never bought a game from there, but i have never had to pay any tax when things have arrived like i had to with Play-Asia.

It's still pretty much 55 quid (it says 45 quid but i don't know if thats with shipping or not... probably not) but like i said at the very least i haven't had to pay any extra when i've received deliveries.

YESASIA: Tatsunoko VS. Capcom Cross Generation of Heroes (Japan Version) - Capcom, Capcom - Wii Games - Free Shipping
(#6 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

12-12-2008, 06:30 PM

Well Lucas, that there link says free shipping meaning 45 notes is the cheapest yet!

The game must be a recent release or something cuz its the first time I've heard of it was today.. maybe it will come down in price if I wait till after xmas or something? Most games usually fall in price after they have been on shelves a few weeks..

Can anyone beat Lucas with their fave "buy from japan" website?

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Lucas89 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-12-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
Well Lucas, that there link says free shipping meaning 45 notes is the cheapest yet!
lol, so it does!

*note to self - Remember to read things properly*
(#8 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

12-16-2008, 04:32 PM

stuff it, got it for 45notes on yes asia. Thanks Lucas. This discussion is still open though, so if anyone knows any other good websites, please let us all know!