LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-18-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightly View Post
i have played and i really enjoyed it. and its cool cause u can get into serious realtionships in the game and it so cool

Oh dear...
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

03-18-2009, 11:47 PM

Just needs some explaining, it may not be what you think (?)

lightly?

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#13 (permalink))
Old
SephirothVVC (Offline)
Death Is The Cure

Send a message via MSN to SephirothVVC Send a message via Skype™ to SephirothVVC
03-18-2009, 11:56 PM

why not take a risk to date a real person? by the time you realize your pathetic for watching pixels on a screen date youll have run out of time for a real opportunity

sorry if this hurts. but think of it as advice, go into the real world and take a chance, dont be scared of getting hurt. its better than sitting around watching fake people take fake chances

"I despise practically everything about human life, which does limit one's weekend activities."
(#14 (permalink))
Old
addictedKool (Offline)
JF Regular

03-20-2009, 06:37 PM

Don't go asuming that everyone who has played a dating game is a complete outcast in society. Perhaps some play out of curiosity? I sure did and decided to played 3 dating otome (targeted for females) games to see what the deal was:

Otometeki Koi Kakumei: Love Revo!! for the PC - actually pretty addicting
Meine Liebe for the GBA - I'm a fan of the manga and anime so I enjoyed playing the game
Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side for the NDS - played bits and pieces of it and it looks pretty good

I'm definitely not an outcast. I date real people, go out during the weekends and have fun (since weekdays are dedicated to homework/studying), etc. Sure, there are people who prefer solely dating sims rather than human interaction but they are others who play for the stories or for curiousity's sake.

Last edited by addictedKool : 03-20-2009 at 07:26 PM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
SephirothVVC (Offline)
Death Is The Cure

Send a message via MSN to SephirothVVC Send a message via Skype™ to SephirothVVC
03-21-2009, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedKool View Post
Don't go asuming that everyone who has played a dating game is a complete outcast in society. Perhaps some play out of curiosity? I sure did and decided to played 3 dating otome (targeted for females) games to see what the deal was:

Otometeki Koi Kakumei: Love Revo!! for the PC - actually pretty addicting
Meine Liebe for the GBA - I'm a fan of the manga and anime so I enjoyed playing the game
Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side for the NDS - played bits and pieces of it and it looks pretty good

I'm definitely not an outcast. I date real people, go out during the weekends and have fun (since weekdays are dedicated to homework/studying), etc. Sure, there are people who prefer solely dating sims rather than human interaction but they are others who play for the stories or for curiousity's sake.
o sorry if i made it seem that way. if my 'advice' doesnt apply to you than simply disregard it. it was meant to be an upper for all those downers out there

"I despise practically everything about human life, which does limit one's weekend activities."
(#16 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-21-2009, 02:15 AM

Well, Persona 4 has some Dating sims element, that's what I heard. But other than that, I think there's really not much dating sims out there that are not hentai.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#17 (permalink))
Old
AkatsukiGurl (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to AkatsukiGurl Send a message via Yahoo to AkatsukiGurl
03-21-2009, 05:40 AM

Well techniclly they are dating sims, but their lovely technical name is Visual Novel. I've played plenty of them. To many to name here for that fact. Though I will name some good one's that I've played and like a lot!
  • Clannad
  • Little Busters!
  • Planitarin
All these are made by the same company, Key. Ever heard of them? Amazing Visual Novels I must say! Key is just amazing...I bow down to them. I actually have a Visual Novel maker program and have my own in the process of being made it's called Daioryie [Diary]. Story and the art is both by me^^

By the way, all three I named are all ages Visual Novels and not Hentai's. Planitarin is a Kinetic Novel. Which means that no choices are made in which the ending can be altered in anyway.

I'm done ranting now...

Ryoute ni wa tobitatsu kibou o.
We place in our hands hope that springs forth.
AIR
"She's waiting in the air."
(#18 (permalink))
Old
KittenCorpseLeccy (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to KittenCorpseLeccy
03-28-2009, 08:26 PM

haha i used to be obessed with dating sim games
on newgrounds online
i havent seen any on consoles ¬_¬

loove Leccy !
(#19 (permalink))
Old
LuckyLuck (Offline)
Transform Tomorrow

Send a message via MSN to LuckyLuck
03-28-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothVVC View Post
why not take a risk to date a real person? by the time you realize your pathetic for watching pixels on a screen date youll have run out of time for a real opportunity

sorry if this hurts. but think of it as advice, go into the real world and take a chance, dont be scared of getting hurt. its better than sitting around watching fake people take fake chances
...You obviously play video games. What's the difference between your video games and their dating video games?
The fact is that they're both video games and if you're going to call a certain type of game a waste of time and "pathetic" than you would have to call them all that. I'm not saying that they are, I'm just trying too show you a different perspective, entertainment is entertainment.

The path to equality is a long road to travel.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
KittenCorpseLeccy (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to KittenCorpseLeccy
03-28-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuck View Post
...You obviously play video games. What's the difference between your video games and their dating video games?
The fact is that they're both video games and if you're going to call a certain type of game a waste of time and "pathetic" than you would have to call them all that. I'm not saying that they are, I'm just trying too show you a different perspective, entertainment is entertainment.
that's so true

loove Leccy !