JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Xuande (Offline)
JF Regular

Nintendo Games - 09-08-2007, 10:53 PM

What are some of your favorite games that have come from Nintendo? I have alot I like so I guess I'll list them by category.

NES: Zelda 1 and 2, Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3.
SNES: Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Kirby Super Star, Earthbound, F-Zero.
GB/GBC: Zelda: Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Metroid 2, Super Mario Bros.DX.
N64: Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart 64, Paper Mario.
GC: Zelda: The Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventures, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Metroid Prime.
GBA: Zelda: The Minish Cap, Metroid Fusion, Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland.
DS: New Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart DS, Tetris DS.
Wii: Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3.

I probably left out a couple of categories and theres more games I could list but if I listed them all then it could go on a while. So, I guess you could say I'm a big fan of Nintendo but I do like alot of games made by other companies too.

EDIT: At LadyMoonlight's suggestion I have changed my categories to systems instead of genres. My games may have changed a bit also but I wanted to keep everything to one line.

Last edited by Xuande : 09-09-2007 at 04:48 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Cyclamen (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Cyclamen
09-08-2007, 11:24 PM

I love the Zelda games (Ocarina of time and A Link To The Past are my favourites), Mario games (Mario64, Super mario land 3 and Super mario land 2 six golden coins for GB are the best!), Donkey Kong Country, Smash Bros Melee, Mario Party and Super Mario RPG.
I'm sure I forgot some other excellent games, but these are my all-time Nintendo favourites.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-08-2007, 11:32 PM

I hate to be picky but Donkey Kong Country wasn't by Nintendo it was by Rare, anyway...

Zelda and Metroid are my favourite series of all time (along with Castlevania by Konami)
Platformers: New Super Mario Bros (on the DS) is a great game along with the others mentioned.
Racing games: Rubbish, well ok not that bad, but not in the same league as Need for Speed or Burnout.
Fighting: Again really poor compared to Tekken and Soul Calibur.

RPG: I guess their biggest money spinning success would be Pokemon, and the ones you mention whilst good are they in the same league as Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts? (I'd say yes, but I think most people would disagree)

So yeah, Zelda and Metroid rock then.

Last edited by Haggis : 09-08-2007 at 11:40 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Michieru (Offline)
Illusion Master

Send a message via AIM to Michieru Send a message via MSN to Michieru
09-08-2007, 11:35 PM

too easy

You cant beat the Zelda games(every single one was an epic then and a great classic now) i loved all of them. i have a piece of my heart set with Super Mario World(first game i played[i was just 3]) there has never been a more fun and active racer game than Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64. and then there is my alltime favorite game ever created, Super Smash Bros. the original was epic game that just blew me away the first time i played it. i could literally not sleep thinking about that game the first night(unfortunatly i didnt have the game so i couldnt stay up playing it) but when i did get it i played for 40 hours straight. and i have put more hours into that game than any other game i have ever played.

and the last game of my alltime favorites is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4: Turtles in Time. i have played that for ages and still love playing it. so its probably my second favorite game of the Nintendo Series

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-08-2007, 11:47 PM

Quote:
and the last game of my alltime favorites is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4: Turtles in Time.
Another Konami game. Another great company.
(I'm beginning to think I take my games too seriously here)

Last edited by Haggis : 09-08-2007 at 11:52 PM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Xuande (Offline)
JF Regular

09-08-2007, 11:58 PM

Donkey Kong Country was made by Rare but still originated from Nintendo so I consider it a Nintendo franchise. Their RPGs aren't in the same league as Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy but they're still fun on their own. You're lucky you can remember what game you played first Michieru, I started played when I was so young that I can't remember exactly what I played first. I just remember Zelda, Mario, and a couple of others. I never owned the first SSB but my friend had it and we ended up playing it all the time. TMNT 4 was made by Konami but it was still really fun although I think I might of liked the third one for NES a bit better.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
LadyMoonlight (Offline)
JF Regular

09-09-2007, 01:03 PM

Perhaps we should widen the thread by saying what are our favorite games on Nintendo's platforms and not specifically made by Nintendo?

Then my favs would include:

NES: the original Super Mario Bros.
SNES: Kirby's Dreamland 3 (though I haven't played many others)
Gameboy: Mole Mania
N64: MarioKart 64
GBC: Dragon Warrior III
GC: Animal Crossing
GBA: MarioKart Super Circuit
Wii: Twilight Princess
DS: Chocobo Tales

I don't think I could break it up by genre. There are too many genres from which I don't like ANY games.

LM
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Xuande (Offline)
JF Regular

09-09-2007, 04:28 PM

Yay, someone else who likes Dragon Warrior. I guess dividing it up between systems does make more sense than dividing it by genre though but I still have too many favorites to just pick one for each system. I shall have to redo my original post to change it to a systems format. I'd still like to keep it to games from Nintendo though cause if you include 3rd party games then it almost becomes whats your favorite game.

Last edited by Xuande : 09-09-2007 at 04:49 PM.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-09-2007, 10:38 PM

I used to have the Donkey Kong multi-screen Game and Watch game.

Image:Gw donkeykong.PNG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bet I'm the only one.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Xuande (Offline)
JF Regular

09-09-2007, 11:22 PM

I bet you are too. The game & watch games are from way before Nintendo became big aren't they? Where did you get something like that from?