JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ziggy073 (Offline)
New to JF

English ~ Japanese Exchange Partner - 01-18-2010, 10:51 AM

Hello!

My name is Kevin and I've been learning little bits of Japanese here and there over a long time period, but am looking to really actually learn more from someone that is native to the language.

I currently just watch some video's on youtube for basic stuff and translate words and phrases that I see in my craft books that I have bought, which is quite helpful for vocabulary. I also have a decent Kana app for my phone, but if I have questions, who will answer them?

Anyhoo, I wouldn't mind sharing my knowledge of the english language or culture if anyone is interested in helping.

If you like crafting (かぎ針/編み)that's more for the better, but of course I welcome all help!

ありがとう!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
hatsuto11 (Offline)
阿邪美能伊理比売

01-18-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy073 View Post
Hello!

My name is Kevin and I've been learning little bits of Japanese here and there over a long time period, but am looking to really actually learn more from someone that is native to the language.

I currently just watch some video's on youtube for basic stuff and translate words and phrases that I see in my craft books that I have bought, which is quite helpful for vocabulary. I also have a decent Kana app for my phone, but if I have questions, who will answer them?

Anyhoo, I wouldn't mind sharing my knowledge of the english language or culture if anyone is interested in helping.

If you like crafting (かぎ針/編み)that's more for the better, but of course I welcome all help!

ありがとう!

I can introduce you to someone who's looking for a language exchange partner Do you use skype/MSN?

大日本帝國に戻りたい!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ziggy073 (Offline)
New to JF

01-20-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatsuto11 View Post
I can introduce you to someone who's looking for a language exchange partner Do you use skype/MSN?
Thank you for the quick response! I don't actually use Skype or MSN at the moment.... Planning on using Skype, but I need to get a headset and set up an account. I will have to post my ID when I get it! (Do most people use Skype for the chat feature, or the phone / video features?)

In the meanwhile, wouldn't mind e-mailing with anyone!

Thanks in advance!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
hatsuto11 (Offline)
阿邪美能伊理比売

01-20-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy073 View Post
Thank you for the quick response! I don't actually use Skype or MSN at the moment.... Planning on using Skype, but I need to get a headset and set up an account. I will have to post my ID when I get it! (Do most people use Skype for the chat feature, or the phone / video features?)

In the meanwhile, wouldn't mind e-mailing with anyone!

Thanks in advance!

Actually, I think that the voice quality is better in skype:S therefore, most people use it as a phone rather than doing a text chat
Please PM me the moment you sign up to a skype account:P

大日本帝國に戻りたい!