JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Tatsuma (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Tatsuma
Language exchange please - 02-13-2010, 12:45 AM

I have been trying to teach myself Japanese for awhile now but it's hard to learn without someone helping me that already knows Japanese. So, if it is possible if somebody could help me learn Japanese through msn I would be glad to help with English to the extent of my teaching ability. If anyone is interested pm me or just reply in this thread.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Sashimister (Offline)
他力本願

02-13-2010, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsuma View Post
I have been trying to teach myself Japanese for awhile now but it's hard to learn without someone helping me that already knows Japanese. So, if it is possible if somebody could help me learn Japanese through msn I would be glad to help with English to the extent of my teaching ability. If anyone is interested pm me or just reply in this thread.
Have you taken a serious look at the language help section? There is so much help available there if you ask specific questions.

I don't mean to use you as an example but many JFers who seek language-exchange partners fail to understand that they have very little to offer to a Japanese-speaker who can already explain Japanese grammar to them in English. Wouldn't you agree?

I personally never do one-on-one tutorng outside of the threads yet inside the threads, that is all I do (and for free).
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Tatsuma (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Tatsuma
02-13-2010, 01:55 AM

I do understand the fact that the exchanges with English for Japanese can act as a one sided deal with many of the English speakers giving little grammar wise like you said but I thought I could help at least a little. I hav also checked the help sections but I had wanted to try a tutouring and practices with someone else
(#4 (permalink))
Old
hatsuto11 (Offline)
阿邪美能伊理比売

02-13-2010, 06:52 PM

Why don't ya try to exchange Japanese with someone via skype?!
A lot of Japanese people are eager to learn English. But if I were you, I wouldn't exchange English with them, since it is not my mother tongue, even if I can speak it as a foreign language.
Why don't you exchange Italian?! Many of them are also keen to study Italian.
Even if your English is so excellent, you are not a native speaker after all.
IMO, it is not fair to be taught be a native Japanese speaker their mother tongue, while teaching them English which you speak as a second language.

Anyway, my recommendation would be SKYPE!
simply install the software and start skyping people! I am sure you'll find someone if you google:S Just give it a try

大日本帝國に戻りたい!