JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Yusaime (Offline)
New to JF

exchange student - 08-14-2007, 05:56 PM

I want to learn japanese and go to japan as an exchange student but I wouldn't know how to do that.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Kaili (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Kaili
08-14-2007, 07:19 PM

Before you can go on an exchange to anywhere you have to be proficient in
the language. You need to learn Japanese, and they way I would recomend to do so is to buy Rossetta Stone software from rossettastone.com. As for going to Japan once you learn the language then you should go to yfuusa.com. With this program you can actually get credits for schools, and it's cheaper too. Whatever you do don't go to AFS because they're crooks.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
doindunn (Offline)
New to JF

Thumbs up doindunn - 08-15-2007, 04:57 AM

hello,

I just ran into this site tonite as I was interested in hosting a exchange student. I think you will find everything you fwant or need to know.....but know that I also read that applications need to be submitted sometime in August...no date listed where I read but an 800-579-1709 was supplied wwww.ayusa.org/ this a nonprofit org. you will need to know a certain amount of the host language.

If you missed it, there is always next semester and scholorship programs. they also have short crash coarses for the language of your exchange country of choice.

Also try for fast language learning...Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German And Other Languages With Free Software. I hope this is helpful for your endeavors. I just happen to save all this info for the future. Good Luck!

Enjoy and let me know what you have been able to do with the info.

Regards,
doindunn@yahoo.com
(#4 (permalink))
Old
doindunn (Offline)
New to JF

Thumbs up doindunn - 08-15-2007, 04:58 AM

hello,

I just ran into this site tonite as I was interested in hosting a exchange student. I think you will find everything you fwant or need to know.....but know that I also read that applications need to be submitted sometime in August...no date listed where I read but an 800-579-1709 was supplied wwww.ayusa.org/ this a nonprofit org. you will need to know a certain amount of the host language.

If you missed it, there is always next semester and scholorship programs. they also have short crash coarses for the language of your exchange country of choice.

Also try for fast language learning...this link will take you to byki.com.Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German And Other Languages With Free Software. I hope this is helpful for your endeavors. I just happen to save all this info for the future. Good Luck!

Enjoy and let me know what you have been able to do with the info.

Regards, cj, doindunn
doindunn@yahoo.com

Last edited by doindunn : 08-15-2007 at 05:06 AM. Reason: ?ed the url for byki.com not showing on my message all the languages I had not incl. /#2 still did not show on submission
(#5 (permalink))
Old
eako (Offline)
New to JF

10-13-2007, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaili View Post
the language. You need to learn Japanese, and they way I would recomend to do so is to buy Rossetta Stone software from rossettastone.com.
Realy?? I always thaught she was a bit rubbish in my oppinion when it comes down to the ratio of how much you remember compaired to how much her sofware actualy throws at you.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
ForeignExchangeStudent (Offline)
New to JF

10-27-2007, 09:47 PM

CIEE doesn't require you to know the language. It cost about 9 thousand for a year and about 6 thousands for 6 months.

You have to risk life to create a future.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

10-27-2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaili View Post
the language. You need to learn Japanese, and they way I would recomend to do so is to buy Rossetta Stone software from rossettastone.com. As for going to Japan once you learn the language then you should go to yfuusa.com. With this program you can actually get credits for schools, and it's cheaper too. Whatever you do don't go to AFS because they're crooks.
That aint true. i've got an exchange agreement with tokyo and kyoto university and i dont know any japanese
(#8 (permalink))
Old
ToKyO23 (Offline)
AzN dorko

Send a message via AIM to ToKyO23
10-28-2007, 06:45 AM

ahh that would b sooo cool to be an exchange student in japan
my friends and i are going there on our senior year
(#9 (permalink))
Old
AkuenKigahen (Offline)
Queen of Namardeos

10-30-2007, 02:39 AM

I had japanese exchange students go to our school for a week it was cool!

My JF Family and the Royals
http://www.freewebs.com/akuenkigahen/
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Nanobyte (Offline)
Banned

10-30-2007, 04:16 PM

Yeah, i wanted to be transfered to Japan too, could be cool, Damn but in Portugal is hard, i really don't know how to!