JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ShinjukuEki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Exclamation Language Exchange Ads Advice - 09-16-2006, 02:07 PM

Hello Everyone.

This forum is for people to post free language exchange ads. "Language Exchange" means that you help another person learn your language and they help you learn their language.

Here are a few guidelines that might help you to post a better ad:

1. Make the title brief but full of info to help those looking for language exchange. Here is an example of some good ad/thread titles:

English Speaker Looking For Japanese, in Tokyo
Japanese Speaker Looking For English, Online Only
English Speaker Looking for Japanese, Let's Skype

Here is an example of a bad ad/thread title:

Want to exchange language, hurry!

2. In your ad/thread, please tell what language(s) you can offer and what language you are looking for, as well as what method of language exchange you are trying to find. Some people are looking to meet in the real world - if that's what you want, please list the city or area you are looking to meet in. If you want to do online language exchange, explain if you want to do it via chat, PM, IM, Skype, etc.

3. Let people know if you are looking for something specific like UK English, business english, hip-hop English, or anything like that.

4. Although you will likely become friends with people you do Language Exchange with, this is not the friend finding forum. If you are not interested in learning language, just making friends, please use this forum instead.

5. You can use the Japan Forum PM system for replies to keep any info you want private from the board.

Have fun - I will update these suggestions as we go along.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
kudo (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to kudo Send a message via AIM to kudo Send a message via MSN to kudo Send a message via Yahoo to kudo Send a message via Skype™ to kudo
09-18-2006, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinjukuEki
Some people are looking to meet in the real world - if that's what you want, please list the city or area you are looking to meet in.
this is a great opprotunity, and will prove to be really rewarding ^_^
but please be careful of meeting in the real world, use of common sense strongly encouraged.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Ts_Heidi (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Ts_Heidi Send a message via MSN to Ts_Heidi Send a message via Yahoo to Ts_Heidi
09-19-2006, 02:25 AM

I may have put in a bit TOO many details in my post, but I added some important stuff in there...

Maybe you want to look at it and see if there are some points to add to this topic *shrug*
(#4 (permalink))
Old
dragger232000 (Offline)
New to JF

please help - 10-18-2006, 10:14 AM

English Speaker Looking For Japanese talking person, in Tokyo. would like to stay in tokyo with person and they r welcome to come here and live with me in england
(#5 (permalink))
Old
aldohuki (Offline)
New to JF

want to learn japanese - 07-10-2007, 01:41 AM

I want to learn japanese,,i can little bit,,but want to to learn more,,and need somebody to practise with.