JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Shaunyac (Offline)
New to JF

This House and website? - 01-14-2008, 04:18 PM

Hey. I was looking around the web for a future house ^^ and found this website. Foreclosed Japan - The Best Deals on Property in Japan. Its a Japanese house auction site. Anyone had any experience with these? anyway, i found a house which looked nice and bidding starts ataround 12,000,000 yen. Which is £56,000, sounds reasonable. Can anyone tell me if thats a good house in Japan or what? and also is it a good area and can the website be trusted? House in Gunma - Japan real estate - Foreclosed Japan
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-14-2008, 04:30 PM

I would never by a house without seeing it in person first.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

01-16-2008, 12:27 AM

It doesn't even list which city it is in.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
hiltonjapan (Offline)
New to JF

01-17-2008, 06:38 PM

You get what you pay for the first year anyway. After that, the house you buy for Y5,500,000 is now worth Y4,500,000. Even with rental income, might not be the best investment--unless you can somehow write-off the depreciation, which can be severe in the Japanese housing market.

http://www.hiltonjapan.com
A window on life in Japan and an exploration of Japanese culture, customs, politics, and history.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Shouganai (Offline)
Banned

dont pay too much - do online research - 06-21-2008, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunyac View Post
Can anyone tell me if thats a good house in Japan or what? and also is it a good area and can the website be trusted? House in Gunma - Japan real estate - Foreclosed Japan
If the property is in Gunma that strikes me as very expensive. Anything in the countryside, more than 1hr train from a major city should be dirt cheap if foreclosed. With the rural depopulation there is no one to buy. Check out Foreclosed Property. If you can read Japanese go to the http://bit-sikkou.jp website. You can pay as little as $10,000 for a house in Japan. Not a great house, but very liveable, and not necessary in a remote village.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Tiara15 (Offline)
New to JF

08-16-2008, 09:40 AM

Do you have a japanese real estate broker that you trust? That's one of the ways to ensure you get a good yielding property. This book will give you a lot of good insights to help you in buying properties in japan. Foreclosed Property Japan 2008 (eBook)
(#7 (permalink))
Old
foreclosedjapan (Offline)
New to JF

09-03-2008, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post
It doesn't even list which city it is in.
There is a map with the location.