JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Foxdemon (Offline)
New to JF

02-14-2008, 03:51 PM

to be honest...i live in middle of nowhere...here whoever says wants to learn japanese...you got laughed into face.happen to me so many times,that i stopped counting.
one friend is helping me with grammar,but mostly i'm using online dictionary,so far it helps though.
i'm practicing my drawing skills,cause it's been a long time when i stopped drawing,but i finally decided to go back to it,cause it is something i want.
with years,my drawing skills,are bit different,but i go to drawing junior school,here you can learn basics with drawing easy shapes,so my friend gave me all drawing manual handbook,so i'm learning on myself way.

Fear Leads to Anger
Anger Leads to Hate
Hate Leads to Darkside
(#12 (permalink))
Old
zenit (Offline)
i'm evil kyuubi

02-14-2008, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxdemon View Post
to be honest...i live in middle of nowhere...here whoever says wants to learn japanese...you got laughed into face.happen to me so many times,that i stopped counting.
one friend is helping me with grammar,but mostly i'm using online dictionary,so far it helps though.
i'm practicing my drawing skills,cause it's been a long time when i stopped drawing,but i finally decided to go back to it,cause it is something i want.
with years,my drawing skills,are bit different,but i go to drawing junior school,here you can learn basics with drawing easy shapes,so my friend gave me all drawing manual handbook,so i'm learning on myself way.
here is the same i say i want to learn japanese and people look at me like im retarded or something
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Foxdemon (Offline)
New to JF

02-15-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenit View Post
here is the same i say i want to learn japanese and people look at me like im retarded or something
tell me about it...i hear these comments thousand times per day...
what is so bad in learning japanese?
yet in my country it's almost mission impossible to learn it at all...believe me if i have chance to learn it in school i'd go and that's for sure,but no...here's impossible,so that's why i'm using hard way of learning....heh...
better somehow than nohow...

Fear Leads to Anger
Anger Leads to Hate
Hate Leads to Darkside
(#14 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-15-2008, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxdemon View Post
tell me about it...i hear these comments thousand times per day...
what is so bad in learning japanese?
yet in my country it's almost mission impossible to learn it at all...believe me if i have chance to learn it in school i'd go and that's for sure,but no...here's impossible,so that's why i'm using hard way of learning....heh...
better somehow than nohow...
It may be because of all the countries nearby that someone might travel to, Japan seems far down on the list of likely destinations? In the US, learning French (to go to Canada or France) or Spanish (to go to Mexico, South America, or Spain) are commonly regarded as the "best" languages to learn. Many schools don't teach anything other than those 2 foreign languages.

And local people were shocked when I told them I was moving to Japan to teach English. Saying "I'm going to Mexico for Spring Break" or "I'm going to visit Canada" gets very little reaction typically, but saying I'm going halfway around the world to a very different, some might say exotic, country gets amazed reactions. I don't know where you live, but that is probably the same cause in your case.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan