JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
KikyoHikari (Offline)
New to JF

Help o.o - 02-10-2008, 03:12 AM

Um..if i go to japan on my 15th birthday and i like it there and plan to live there um...wat kind of jobs can you get there?
D:
(#2 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

02-10-2008, 04:09 AM

i hope you don't mean stay there when you are 15... >< that won't work.

generally you need a degree before you can get a work visa in Japan. although some places will hire you without one but you are lowering your chances there. unless you can speak japanese at JLPT 2 level you won't be able to get much in the way of work except for English teaching.

if you have a degree and can speak japanese well then there are many opportunities that open up to you.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Uriko (Offline)
JF Cereal Killer

02-10-2008, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrakushi View Post
i hope you don't mean stay there when you are 15... >< that won't work.

generally you need a degree before you can get a work visa in Japan. although some places will hire you without one but you are lowering your chances there. unless you can speak japanese at JLPT 2 level you won't be able to get much in the way of work except for English teaching.

if you have a degree and can speak japanese well then there are many opportunities that open up to you.
cool. i needed to know that. yaey for me!

But to despair was to wish back for something already lost.
Or to prolong what was already unbearable.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
02-10-2008, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikyoHikari View Post
Um..if i go to japan on my 15th birthday and i like it there and plan to live there um...wat kind of jobs can you get there?
D:
you need a university degree to get a working visa. Otherwise no jobs will be possible
(#5 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

02-10-2008, 04:55 AM

btw just to clarify i meant that some places will sponsor your visa without having a degree. but as i said you are limiting your choices if you are relying on such businesses.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
02-10-2008, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrakushi View Post
btw just to clarify i meant that some places will sponsor your visa without having a degree. but as i said you are limiting your choices if you are relying on such businesses.
really? I was always told that the Japanese government wouldn't consider an application without a degree...
(#7 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

02-10-2008, 06:42 AM

while living in Japan my friend from america had only completed some diploma or something, i don't know what americans call it. it is just a 2 year course, perhaps it was only 1 im not sure. not the 4 year or equivalent bachelor degree japan requires. he was offered a teaching job for 250,000 a month, standard rate. he was at the time and still is 20. they knew he didn't have a bachelor and they weren't worried about that, they were going to organise the visa for him.

i met a couple other people who had gone through with it and got the visa and were working. but it is much less likely this way and definitely not advised.

besides in this day and age, at least in Australia, a bachelor degree is as expected as finishing high school so for gods sake, get your education before you think about moving to Japan unless you are looking to do your bachelor in Japan. In which case you better study hard, those entrance exams at the good universities are very tough.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
02-10-2008, 07:03 AM

A two-year degree in the states is an Associates Degree. You usually can obtain those at Community Colleges. It's pretty much Associates > Bachelor's > Masters
(#9 (permalink))
Old
KikyoHikari (Offline)
New to JF

02-11-2008, 12:50 AM

Ok I Got It
when i get older i shall move after i get those degree thingys >_<
and learn jappense from the help of my friend falis who is helping me D:
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Nao (Offline)
JF Regular

02-11-2008, 08:33 AM

Don't expect to be able to learn a language from just a friend. It's going to take a lot more work than that. Heck, even learning the basics are going to take a lot more work than that.