JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Natsume (Offline)
Keeper of Chokuto-Reki

02-14-2008, 04:46 PM

Good advice, but my MA job starts in November 08. I think that I may have another job teaching at a health club in Tokyo, but that hasn't come though yet. So I'm still looking for suggestions.

"The way of the Tiger is one of Tenacity and Power, and from the Dragon we learn to ride the wind"

-A saying used in our Dojo
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-14-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsume View Post
Good advice, but my MA job starts in November 08. I think that I may have another job teaching at a health club in Tokyo, but that hasn't come though yet. So I'm still looking for suggestions.
If your job is only May to August, what sort of visa will you have that allows you to stay other months? If somehow you have a long term Vvisa and a short-term job, theoretically you could work in a job that didn't require a visa sponsor (if the company wasn't worried about getting caught).

English teaching/tutoring is going to be your easiest bet. Bartending is another option. Performing weddings...
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Natsume (Offline)
Keeper of Chokuto-Reki

02-14-2008, 07:45 PM

Well I do work at a club now.....but what do you mean preform at weddings? I can't carry a tune in a bucket.

"The way of the Tiger is one of Tenacity and Power, and from the Dragon we learn to ride the wind"

-A saying used in our Dojo