JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

02-24-2008, 11:56 AM

SAMURAI007-you were a history graduate =3. thats what im gona do. XD

not toosure about JET though, im chinese, [though you could interpret my surname as korean XD] i'd rather teach english in china/HK or somewhere.

or be an executive in a company, i heard lots of history graduates become those.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Cutetwirler (Offline)
New to JF

02-24-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachava View Post
I might be wrong, but i don't think promotions are available in English teaching jobs anyway? Pretty sure you can only work as an English teacher without prospects fpr advancement unless you are fluent in Japanese (at which point you need to question why you are teaching English lol)
True. I just want a job that I can advance in, you know? Have aims and stuff. Teaching seems like such a good job but only on a temporary basis. It's great money but I want more than that out of my job. Plus, I taught at a school in the summer (teaching summer school kids who came to England) and it was just day after day of never ending lesson plans, teaching and stress. I really couldn't do it full time; I'd end up with far too many wrinkles!
(#13 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

02-25-2008, 04:46 AM

There is advancement in teaching English, but the trouble is that the market is so flooded with teachers that moving up is very difficult. There is always someone out there willing to do what you do for less.

Usually upward movement in teaching means one of two things, you've gone back to school for a certificate or Master's or proven yourself as management material. Then there is opening a school, but that process involves risk and lots of time to get your business really going.