JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Masato (Offline)
dog

Sophia University - 02-25-2008, 05:13 AM

I live in the US, but I'm really excited to apply to Sophia University's Faculty of Liberal Arts. My only problem is that my parents wouldn't help me pay for tuition at a school in Japan like they would if I were going to school in the US. What would you suggest I do to help persuade them that going to Sophia would be the right thing for me to do, assuming I get in? Speaking of acceptance, does anyone know their acceptance rates?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nakishee (Offline)
you bleed pretty, my dear

Send a message via AIM to Nakishee
02-25-2008, 05:39 AM

Just got back from researching^^
Tuition fees for the first year are roughly $13,109.89.

Thats a big number, so I would suggest a scholarship, it says on their website they have them, 60 different kinds given from private organizations. That is the only thing I can offer to convince your parents financially, that or you can just start saving haha
Sophia Scholarships
As for acceptance rates it's still kind of foggy, I would just take a look at the website itself and snoop around a few in admissions.

chocolate unicorns and rainbow donkeys everyone...:]
mistress: deathnotegirl
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Masato (Offline)
dog

02-25-2008, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakishee View Post
Just got back from researching^^
Tuition fees for the first year are roughly $13,109.89.
That's actually just a tiny bit more than the college I was planning to go to here in the states. That might help a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakishee View Post
Thats a big number, so I would suggest a scholarship, it says on their website they have them, 60 different kinds given from private organizations. That is the only thing I can offer to convince your parents financially, that or you can just start saving haha
Sophia Scholarships
As for acceptance rates it's still kind of foggy, I would just take a look at the website itself and snoop around a few in admissions.
I actually did some snooping already. Couldn't find it. But thanks for the advice about the scholarships!