JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TruthIsATimeBomb (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to TruthIsATimeBomb
Get me to Japan - 02-26-2008, 07:38 AM

So here is the deal. My goal is to move to Japan and I would enjoy teaching english there. I would enjoy doing other things as well, but I feel I need to get my feet wet and the easiest way is to go to Japan to teach english. I am ALMOST done college, but was curious if there were any ways that I would still be able to go out and teach english without getting my BA, or would I NEED the BA degree?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
tifa (Offline)
and they ask why kpop win

Send a message via MSN to tifa Send a message via Yahoo to tifa
02-26-2008, 08:32 AM

oiiii dont be in no rush 2 move 2 japan!!! why? caz u like the culture..and stuff? heyyyy japan ppl hardly like other ppl....changed my mind after i saw a few signs..4 "JAPANESE ONLY, NO FORENIGERS!!" wtf...

I LOVE k-pop...i adore j-rock...but my heart goes to?!! from shinee ,suju ,dbsk ,bigbang only loving you K-POP!!!!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

02-26-2008, 08:49 AM

ignore what tifa said about the signs, completely uneducated comment on the topic and there is a valid reason why those signs exist, one that i'm not totally against.

basically your only real option outside of finishing a degree is to get a working holiday visa. the regular work visa has a requirement that you must have completed a 4 year university degree (of equivalent, such as a 3 year if that is the standard bachelor time period in your country as it is for some degrees in Australia)

some people have got around this but it is not something i would count on. so either get yourself the working holiday visa or finish your degree then get over there. there are plenty of threads that have discussed this topic already.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

02-26-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrakushi View Post
ignore what tifa said about the signs, completely uneducated comment on the topic and there is a valid reason why those signs exist, one that i'm not totally against.

basically your only real option outside of finishing a degree is to get a working holiday visa. the regular work visa has a requirement that you must have completed a 4 year university degree (of equivalent, such as a 3 year if that is the standard bachelor time period in your country as it is for some degrees in Australia)

some people have got around this but it is not something i would count on. so either get yourself the working holiday visa or finish your degree then get over there. there are plenty of threads that have discussed this topic already.
US Citizens are not eligible for the working holiday visa, unfortunately. Thats something thats limited to a small number of countries (UK, Korea, Australia, Ireland, and a few others).

郷に入っては郷に従え
(#5 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

02-26-2008, 11:14 AM

well there you go, didn't know that. another reason it is great to be Australian.. haha ^^ aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi !!!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
tifa (Offline)

02-26-2008, 11:41 AM

i was joking..ahhh ppl soo uptight!!!! .....geezzzz

I LOVE k-pop...i adore j-rock...but my heart goes to?!! from shinee ,suju ,dbsk ,bigbang only loving you K-POP!!!!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
anrakushi (Offline)
草上之风必偃

02-26-2008, 11:52 AM

there was nothing in your post to indicate you were joking, next time add some haha or lol on the end :P this person was after serious advice anyway.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
tifa (Offline)

02-26-2008, 11:57 AM

gomen!!!!!! ....*hides*

(#9 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

02-27-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrakushi View Post

Thank you so much. I appreciate all of your help. I am new to here so will look for the prior discussions
(#10 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

02-27-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatredcopter View Post
US Citizens are not eligible for the working holiday visa, unfortunately. Thats something thats limited to a small number of countries (UK, Korea, Australia, Ireland, and a few others).
aww...thank you for crushing my dreams