JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
vivkr (Offline)
New to JF

finding lost friends(japanese/non-japanese) in japan - 03-08-2008, 09:05 PM

Hi,

I know that a similar thread was posted on this forum quite a while ago, yet I would like to add one of my own as there are certain differences here.

Me and my wife have lost touch with a friend of hers presumably as both of us moved around the same time and do not have each other's contact addresses anymore. We live in Switzerland by the way.

There is a Japanese woman called Ema Hara and her American boyfriend (maybe now husband) called Ron (don't remember the last name unfortunately). The couple used to live in Fujisawa (Kanagawa prefecture). Our last letter sent a couple of years ago was returned by the post office as the couple seemed to have moved house.

How could one go about searching for people? We met them the last time on our trip to Japan in 2005. I am assuming that it ought to be possible to find people if we know their last postal address and some more information such as the fact that the boyfriend works in a software startup of his own setup with a few foreign friends and has lived in Japan for many years (long enough to speak Japanese fluently). We have pictures of theirs in case that helps in some way.

I would be glad to have any tips.

Thanks
Vivek
(#2 (permalink))
Old
kunitokotachi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-08-2008, 09:17 PM

The last name would be a huge help.
Also, was the person ever in the military or has friends in the military?

宣告されてから弁論しても手遅れである。
(#3 (permalink))
Old
darrenritchey (Offline)
New to JF

Location: currently residing in lasvegas,NV. My Home town is Honolulu Hawaii
Send a message via MSN to darrenritchey
Finding Yuko Noda in meguru-ku tokyo japan... - 12-19-2010, 08:44 PM

ALOHA I am a 46 year old male from honolulu hawaii going by the name of Darren. Looking for old girl friend named yuko noda last address khown meguru-ku tokyo japan. she's about 45 yrs of age now 5'5 in height slender build about 110 lbs in weight short hair style if this helps any. Some more info-she had too children "twins" a boy and girl,forgot their names sorry to say. Yuko Noda's EX husban's name i remember to be Kenji,other than that i have no more information to give about her wherabout's...

P.S. Anyone answering this thread has any information on finding lost loved one's in japan- " U Khow-how to go about it " or a good website in tokyo to log onto.

Very Much appreciated from HI...

Last edited by darrenritchey : 12-19-2010 at 09:47 PM. Reason: trying to insert photo