JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
DagothUr (Offline)
Banned

question about some general laws in japan - 03-09-2008, 10:21 AM

I was just wondering about any legal differences between here ( california) and japan in regards to public property and weapon laws. The reason I am wondering is that a couple of freinds and myself are into parcore and freerunning. I plan on living in Japan in the future (teaching) and was hoping to keep the hobby...
(#2 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
03-09-2008, 10:57 AM

why on earth do you need to know about weapons laws regarding freerunning?

To answer your question, pretty sure you can only have replica weapons in your home - in public, real or not, you will probably be arrested

As for property, if you damage something....well, depends on whether or not you can run fast enough before anyone sees who did it ;-)
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Gaberdeen (Offline)
僕の名前わGaryです

03-09-2008, 11:23 AM

You get 100 cool points for having a Daedra Lord / Ash Mountain king as your Username.

I don't know anything about Parcour except it's French and when well choreographed looks awesome on film.

Best way to find out is try it, but be warned, Gaijin found breaking laws in Japan tends to piss the right wingers off, so you won't be doing the rest of us any favours by getting caught.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Lucyenn (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-09-2008, 11:38 AM

and what would you get if you run nakes on streets?

<<< TheVoteNation.com >>>
Vote For Japan at
http://www.thevotenation.com
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Gaberdeen (Offline)
僕の名前わGaryです

03-09-2008, 12:18 PM

I don't care much for streakers - regardless of sex or disposition towards freedom of expression.

I daresay the Japanese would take a dim view of it aswell.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
03-09-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaberdeen View Post
Best way to find out is try it, but be warned, Gaijin found breaking laws in Japan tends to piss the right wingers off, so you won't be doing the rest of us any favours by getting caught.
don't worry, they are too busy with china to care about the rest of us lol!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

03-09-2008, 02:24 PM

If you are going to Japan, just act the same way you would when you visit any other country. (Kind and respectful) It is extremely rude to travel to a place that is not even your native land and start making a fool of yourself and drawing negative attention.

I am sure that if you want to travel to Japan, you don't want to use all that money, and have your experience end up being a poor one.

I don't recommend bringing weapons and start jumping around buildings.

If you do that, you may just as well be arrested. If you want to work as a teacher I think you might want to do that first.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

03-10-2008, 06:11 AM

Your reputation is very important when you are working as a teacher. The company you work for doesn't want to be seen as hiring anyone unprofessional. So if you are going to do something crazy like having run ins with the boys in blue, make sure it happens far away from where you work. Even if you don't have trouble with cops, people will start to talk about you if you really stand out. And eventually your company will find out, but they probably will not fire you.

Weapons, that would be a no, no. There are airsoft places, but running around in the streets with an airsoft gun and someone will freak and call the po-po. And the po-po don't like leaving their cozy boxes for some dumb foreigner so I doubt they will be happy to see you.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
kunitokotachi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-10-2008, 06:26 AM

Do not carry weapons with you period; not even pocket knives. You will be arrested. I know a guy who was arrested for carrying a pocket knife around with him.

Freerunning is also not a good idea. People will be definitely see you as a trouble maker and call the police.

宣告されてから弁論しても手遅れである。
(#10 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-10-2008, 06:43 AM

I have to agree with the general opinion.

In Japan you are a represenative of your employer on the job and off the job. Anything that will reflect negatively on you will be majorly frowned upon.

Best to take a break from these hobbies (unless you want to travel to another city).